+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Miri2711

Mar 5, 2015
GustavesF said:
Looking over the graphs, it appears that next week we will again be again seeing the new longest processing time for AIP. Two weeks ago it was 527, and we dropped to 520 last week, but we're up to 524 again today.
I thought it'd be interesting to look at where we were one year ago today.

March 13, 2014: Average processing time for AIP: 261 days (today: 524)

Last year, on March 24, CIC took a 3 month vacation. Hopefully they're not planning on doing the same thing now.
wow great stuff. Double in a year. This minister need to be replaced. He s doing a shit job. The numbers tell...! According to your timeline you were waiting almost a year for CIC to approve the arrival of your PR? This is unbelievable.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Miri2711 said:
wow great stuff. Double in a year. This minister need to be replaced. He s doing a *censored word* job. The numbers tell...! According to your timeline you were waiting almost a year for CIC to approve the arrival of your PR? This is unbelievable.
He should be replaced immediately. He's either doing a terrible job or the system is so broken it needs to be rebuilt again from the ground up.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
what's interesting is this 3 month vacation from inland coincides with the 3 month of fast tracking of outland applications. perhaps they are related and show the cyclical nature of both processes. of course, only time will tell if this is true or not.
Originally I was just a little curious that the last large processing event (over a week processed for a week elapsed) was at exactly this time last year.

I'm a little disappointed that they've given up again, especially since we didn't benefit from any of the heavy processing that was happening during January/February of 2014.
Instead of processing anything they've devoted all their resources to waiting around and doing nothing.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
GustavesF said:
Originally I was just a little curious that the last large processing event (over a week processed for a week elapsed) was at exactly this time last year.
it's just really interesting if in fact this is the case. most outland offices have pretty much been at a standstill since the holidays (which seems to be the same time inland started seeing movement). last year (at least in ottawa), processing started to go full speed ahead mid-late march. to me this suggests, they just don't have enough hands to actually handle the volume of applications received. what doesn't make sense is if this is in fact the case, why it would affect offices abroad. all assumptions of course.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
it's just really interesting if in fact this is the case. most outland offices have pretty much been at a standstill since the holidays (which seems to be the same time inland started seeing movement). last year (at least in ottawa), processing started to go full speed ahead mid-late march. to me this suggests, they just don't have enough hands to actually handle the volume of applications received. what doesn't make sense is if this is in fact the case, why it would affect offices abroad. all assumptions of course.
I sincerely hope that stopping all outland processing for 3 months isn't the only thing responsible for actual processing on the inland side.
Even since the Holidays, inland processing is dismal at best. In the 2.5 months since the Holidays we've only had about a month of progress.
That's still pathetic. That still means processing times are increasing, not holding still, and absolutely not decreasing.

If their break lasts till October again 2015 will be an even more pathetic year than 2014.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
GustavesF said:
If their break lasts till October again 2015 will be an even more pathetic year than 2014.
i really hope this is not the case for you all.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
GustavesF said:
Looking over the graphs, it appears that next week we will again be again seeing the new longest processing time for AIP. Two weeks ago it was 527, and we dropped to 520 last week, but we're up to 524 again today.
I thought it'd be interesting to look at where we were one year ago today.

March 13, 2014: Average processing time for AIP: 261 days (today: 524)

Last year, on March 24, CIC took a 3 month vacation. Hopefully they're not planning on doing the same thing now.
The last year's "vacation" was most likely due to the transfer of the files.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
Yeah...OP Bulletin 565 sure sounded good at the time:

[ in part...]
To improve service and processing efficiency, responsibility for processing SCLPC applications was transferred from CPC-V to CPC-M to leverage its expertise in family class processing. These changes will ensure that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) continues to meet its operational objectives in support of the Department’s ongoing modernization agenda.
----------
Clearly, the `operational objective' was to screw the Inland applicant, so I guess they deserve a big round of applause because they got even better at it!

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
sophieee said:
Which one?
The March to June vacation, the July to October vacation, or the December/January vacation?

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
I too am at wits end but whatever the reasons for the loooooooong delays in processing, CIC is keeping it a secret. I have been thinking it's some sort of cruel test. The longer they make it, the fewer people will make it through (or even apply in the first place). And it's not just testing the resolve of applicants, but the strength of spousal relationships! We're fighting more than ever, thanks CIC. At least they're granting OWPs before 1st stage approval! I'm thankful for that. Hopefully it comes soon and I won't slip any further into poverty. Whatever the reason, I would sure like more in the way of updates or transparency. I just passed 9 months since applying, only 8 or so months to stage 1 approval. awesome.

I'm sure lots of you will relate when I say that this process has turned me from a relaxed easy-going guy to a nervous, anxious and quite depressed person, my partner too. I think not being able to work is causing me to feel depressed and the finances are causing huge strains on our relationship. We can't move forward with our life: forget buying a house, my car is on it's last legs, we live in her parent's basement because we can't afford rent in Toronto. Ahhhh! And I'm pretty sure our income is OK too. I'm sure there's a lot of people in this situation that are doing worse than us.

I would welcome any advice for finding peace with the limbo. I come to this board to feel normal, to feel less alone and to stay well informed too of course. Thanks to all of you for those things!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
birdboy008 said:
I too am at wits end but whatever the reasons for the loooooooong delays in processing, CIC is keeping it a secret. I have been thinking it's some sort of cruel test. The longer they make it, the fewer people will make it through (or even apply in the first place). And it's not just testing the resolve of applicants, but the strength of spousal relationships! We're fighting more than ever, thanks CIC. At least they're granting OWPs before 1st stage approval! I'm thankful for that. Hopefully it comes soon and I won't slip any further into poverty. Whatever the reason, I would sure like more in the way of updates or transparency. I just passed 9 months since applying, only 8 or so months to stage 1 approval. awesome.

I'm sure lots of you will relate when I say that this process has turned me from a relaxed easy-going guy to a nervous, anxious and quite depressed person, my partner too. I think not being able to work is causing me to feel depressed and the finances are causing huge strains on our relationship. We can't move forward with our life: forget buying a house, my car is on it's last legs, we live in her parent's basement because we can't afford rent in Toronto. Ahhhh! And I'm pretty sure our income is OK too. I'm sure there's a lot of people in this situation that are doing worse than us.

I would welcome any advice for finding peace with the limbo. I come to this board to feel normal, to feel less alone and to stay well informed too of course. Thanks to all of you for those things!
i can empathize with your condition. Unfortunately none can guarantee it will get better. You have applied for the OWP, and looks like they are starting to process the new ones as well. I would suggest volunteering for outdoor/summer activities. doesn't cost anything and you get involved with people. plenty of them around toronto starting soon. relationships go through tough but you have to remember what matters most at the time. each other's company. don't waste a lifetime of happiness for month's of misery. start going for evening walks, going to the park, etc to keep each other occupied. learn to cook new cuisine from internet. start watching a new tv series. things like that help.

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
chakrab said:
i can empathize with your condition. Unfortunately none can guarantee it will get better. You have applied for the OWP, and looks like they are starting to process the new ones as well. I would suggest volunteering for outdoor/summer activities. doesn't cost anything and you get involved with people. plenty of them around toronto starting soon. relationships go through tough but you have to remember what matters most at the time. each other's company. don't waste a lifetime of happiness for month's of misery. start going for evening walks, going to the park, etc to keep each other occupied. learn to cook new cuisine from internet. start watching a new tv series. things like that help.
Thanks chakrab! Those sound like good things to do. Now that the weather is improving, I think we'll get outdoors more.

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
birdboy008 said:

I can very much relate in your situation. I have actually done some volunteering at a food bank just so I can have a productive time, instead of sulking and make myself more depressed. Weather's getting better, as should we.

stevenstunner

Jan 31, 2015
Can someone please clear me up on this: when you are submitting a OWP with your PR app do you need copy the supporting documents that are already in your PR app that are required for the work permit or you jus submit the OWP application only.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stevenstunner said:
Can someone please clear me up on this: when you are submitting a OWP with your PR app do you need copy the supporting documents that are already in your PR app that are required for the work permit or you jus submit the OWP application only.
No. The OWP for an Inland applicant is approved based solely on the PR application, so there is no need for redundant information.