AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
I would still send everything from the checklist that's applicable. We don't know how CIC will process these applications, they can separate them from the PR app, and it's no big deal to make a second copy of a couple things.

dchrona

Mar 14, 2015
Hi everyone!
We send to CIC our application for PR spousal sponsorship on Nov 5th, 2014 (my husband is sponsoring me) and on March 3, 2015 I received my OWP.
On Feb 27, 2015 we received a letter from CIC inviting us to submit an application to Immigration Quebec, since we live in Montreal, because they needed me to get my CSQ.
We immediately send in the application to Immigration Quebec but then last Friday, on March 13, 2015 we received another letter from CIC saying that we got the first CIC letter (on Feb 27) in error and we should wait for a new letter in order to apply for my CSQ.
Without that letter I can't take my CSQ and without the CSQ I can't have my health card which is very hard since I have to get some medical tests and I am not insured.
Could someone please help with their experience and tell me how long does it usually takes for CIC to send that letter? Do we have to wait for first stage approval which usually takes 17 months total?
All this process is so stressful that any answer would really help a lot in knowing what to expect...

kma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
dchrona said:
Hi everyone!
We send to CIC our application for PR spousal sponsorship on Nov 5th, 2014 (my husband is sponsoring me) and on March 3, 2015 I received my OWP.
On Feb 27, 2015 we received a letter from CIC inviting us to submit an application to Immigration Quebec, since we live in Montreal, because they needed me to get my CSQ.
We immediately send in the application to Immigration Quebec but then last Friday, on March 13, 2015 we received another letter from CIC saying that we got the first CIC letter (on Feb 27) in error and we should wait for a new letter in order to apply for my CSQ.
Without that letter I can't take my CSQ and without the CSQ I can't have my health card which is very hard since I have to get some medical tests and I am not insured.
Could someone please help with their experience and tell me how long does it usually takes for CIC to send that letter? Do we have to wait for first stage approval which usually takes 17 months total?
All this process is so stressful that any answer would really help a lot in knowing what to expect...
I am on the same boat. However, we received a snail mail on 18th Feb which asked for CSQ application. Then, we received two emails on 26th and 27th Feb. Now, Last Friday we received another email saying that 26 and 27 was an error. They did not say anything about our 18th letter, and we applied on the basis of that 18th letter, not on the basis of 26th and 27th email. Don't know what will happen next! I guess even CIC does not what they are doing!

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
stevenstunner said:
Can someone please clear me up on this: when you are submitting a OWP with your PR app do you need copy the supporting documents that are already in your PR app that are required for the work permit or you jus submit the OWP application only.
Don't expect the processing agents to be clever or figure anything out. Provide all documents on the checklist.
I would bet against them every single day of the week.

If you think about it, sending in an OWP application *IS* in itself redundant if you've submitted an inland application, and we know we have to do that.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
If you think about it, sending in an OWP application *IS* in itself redundant if you've submitted an inland application, and we know we have to do that.
Please explain.

An OWP is optional, but most people choose to include it WITH the Inland application because it gives the implied status that so many need. Sending the Inland application alone does nothing to extend a person's legal status in Canada.

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Now I'm getting worried about a job I interviewed for because I have not got my OWP yet. I hope it will come by mid-April or I may actually have to decline the position! This would be my career job (at least short term). I sure hope it comes in 2 months or less!

t's not looking so good for me as only applied on Feb 9 (they very day I learned of the pilot program). I think this alone has filled me with anxiety.

dchrona

Mar 14, 2015
kma said:
I am on the same boat. However, we received a snail mail on 18th Feb which asked for CSQ application. Then, we received two emails on 26th and 27th Feb. Now, Last Friday we received another email saying that 26 and 27 was an error. They did not say anything about our 18th letter, and we applied on the basis of that 18th letter, not on the basis of 26th and 27th email. Don't know what will happen next! I guess even CIC does not what they are doing!
Wow!! Seems that you got many more letters than I did :) It sounds like a good idea that you applied on the basis of the 18th letter. I think it takes MIDI about a month maximum to respond with the CSQ so you should listen from them soon if all is ok. Wish you all the luck! Please let me know what happens

angelpot11

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAGUA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/08/14
AOR Received.
08/09/14
File Transfer...
AIP : 02/24/2016
Med's Request
02/24/2016
Med's Done....
02/26/2016
Hi Guys ,

I am so confused we sent my husband Pr and OWP application last August 2014, and returned last October re submitted last Nov.06,2014 and we are still waiting for his OWP. But we received our AOR last september 08,2014.
My question were :

1. since it was returned last October did the received date changed?
2. how can you determine if are OWP application is under the pilot project ? we are confused.

Pls. help thank guys.

Angel

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
Please explain.

An OWP is optional, but most people choose to include it WITH the Inland application because it gives the implied status that so many need. Sending the Inland application alone does nothing to extend a person's legal status in Canada.
All I'm saying is that it's all redundant information, but they still require it. Submitting an Inland application entails a lot of things when it's finally over, and an OWP is one of them. So having to send in a separate application with duplicate information instead of just letting applicants check a box seems redundant in itself.

My MP's office specifically told me that with the OWP application, provide everything you can from the checklist *AND* include a note that explains what you're doing *especially* if anything from the checklist is missing from the application. I believe the exact words used were "the agents tend to be dumb". Make it easy for them, don't trust them to figure it out.

kma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
dchrona said:
Wow!! Seems that you got many more letters than I did :) It sounds like a good idea that you applied on the basis of the 18th letter. I think it takes MIDI about a month maximum to respond with the CSQ so you should listen from them soon if all is ok. Wish you all the luck! Please let me know what happens
Thank you. I'll let you know.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
angelpot11 said:
Hi Guys ,

I am so confused we sent my husband Pr and OWP application last August 2014, and returned last October re submitted last Nov.06,2014 and we are still waiting for his OWP. But we received our AOR last september 08,2014.
My question were :

1. since it was returned last October did the received date changed?
2. how can you determine if are OWP application is under the pilot project ? we are confused.

Pls. help thank guys.

Angel
Was your whole package returned in October or just a couple forms? If the whole package was returned, than the previous application doesn't count. Which also means that if you had no legal status (visitor) on Nov 6, than you don't qualify for the pilot program.
Are you able to log in to eCAS? If so, which date does it show, August or November? If you can't access eCAS you should call the call centre and clarify this.

kma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
I received my CSQ today. I applied for the CSQ on 26th Feb.

mekima

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
So I landed today at CIC Etobicoke. It was a long wait but it was good in the end. Now am officially a PR. Thanks to all of you for your advice and guidance.

Boudz

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
7-03-2016
Med's Done....
9-03-2016
Interview........
12-05-2016
Hi folks,

I received my OWP today. I sent in an OWP application with my inland application in Nov 2014 and received an OWP for two years. The pilot program is a fantastic idea. I wish the best to all the other applicants!