May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Lorelai12 said:
Hi Sophiee. Have you heard where they are getting the OWP's from? Missisauga or Vegreville? No AIP's or anything for soooo long - wondering if they are actually busy with OWP's.
The two I heard of came from Vegreville, so it shouldn't cause delay.

Here is a list of the OWP's that were already granted under the new pilot:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZnRF29FWdqOGQV8dW4bImBuIwjCfoy2R8ZycyX4jH0c/edit#gid=0

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
sophieee said:
The two I heard of came from Vegreville, so it shouldn't cause delay.

Here is a list of the OWP's that were already granted under the new pilot:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZnRF29FWdqOGQV8dW4bImBuIwjCfoy2R8ZycyX4jH0c/edit#gid=0
Thanks Sophiee you are always so helpful!!! I wonder what the delay is about now?? :(

mahmow

Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014
AOR Received.
January 6, 2015
Med's Done....
March 21, 2014
Interview........
SA: June 14, 2015
Passport Req..
AIP: July 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Sept 24, 2015
So I finally got the AOR yesterday...... Don't understand what took so long..

rosalee

Dec 30, 2014
Hi,

Can anybody tell me please if there`s a FB group or any social group I could join for inland PR applicants ? Since my soon husband is working a lot and I`m not allowed to work yet I just would like to talk sometimes, maybe it would help to overcome the immense nervousness I feel all the time :-\ Thank you in advance.

Estifanos2013

Jan 6, 2015
rosalee said:
Hi,

Can anybody tell me please if there`s a FB group or any social group I could join for inland PR applicants ? Since my soon husband is working a lot and I`m not allowed to work yet I just would like to talk sometimes, maybe it would help to overcome the immense nervousness I feel all the time :-\ Thank you in advance.
facebook.com/groups/inlandsponsorship/

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Hi,

I would like to be prepared for something that may change our circumstances. With the low oil prices, people in Calgary will be impacted. So far, nothing had happend to my company, but I can expect that the storm is coming. So here is my question: what should I do if (the sponsor) lose the job while my wife (applicant) is still waiting for first stage approval of her PR application? I had forwarded my employers information (offer letter, manager's contact infor) along with my PR application last year. Should I notify CIC about me losing the job as soon as possible? or getting a job first so that I can again prove that we have continuous income? What other ways I can provide to CIC that we can provide for ourselves while I am looking for new jobs and my wife waiting for OWP?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
tomtomato said:
Hi,

I would like to be prepared for something that may change our circumstances. With the low oil prices, people in Calgary will be impacted. So far, nothing had happend to my company, but I can expect that the storm is coming. So here is my question: what should I do if (the sponsor) lose the job while my wife (applicant) is still waiting for first stage approval of her PR application? I had forwarded my employers information (offer letter, manager's contact infor) along with my PR application last year. Should I notify CIC about me losing the job as soon as possible? or getting a job first so that I can again prove that we have continuous income? What other ways I can provide to CIC that we can provide for ourselves while I am looking for new jobs and my wife waiting for OWP?

Thanks in advance,
Tom
CIC does not need to know about your job situation. If you ever get laid off, you don't need to inform CIC about it. You can collect EI while Pr papers are still in process. CIC doesn't care so long as you don't go collecting welfare after your EI runs out if you haven't had a new job by then.

Screech339

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how does EI work if I lost my JOB.

I have been paying into it for awhile but I don't know If I can Claim for it as my PR application is in progress

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
how does EI work if I lost my JOB.

I have been paying into it for awhile but I don't know If I can Claim for it as my PR application is in progress
EI has nothing to do with immigration. As long as you worked long enough to qualify, you can apply.

Screech339

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
EI has nothing to do with immigration. As long as you worked long enough to qualify, you can apply.

Screech339
isnt EI the same as collecting welfare? as technically you are getting money from the Government?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
isnt EI the same as collecting welfare? as technically you are getting money from the Government?
No it is not social assistance as you paid into it through EI benefit deductions on your paycheque.

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
screech339 said:
No it is not social assistance as you paid into it through EI benefit deductions on your paycheque.
Thanks Screech339 for your respond. The reason why i asked was that when you apply for sponsoring PR, it has a form for your to fill out to indicate your source of income/employer information, and even in the checklist which asks for employer letter or job offer letter. I was assuming that you ought to notify the CIC if information you had provided to CIC had changed. Further, some of my friend even said there is a min income requirement for family sponsorship of PR, which I never find such information on CIC website.

Anyway, let's hope it doesn't come down to that.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomtomato said:
Thanks Screech339 for your respond. The reason why i asked was that when you apply for sponsoring PR, it has a form for your to fill out to indicate your source of income/employer information, and even in the checklist which asks for employer letter or job offer letter. I was assuming that you ought to notify the CIC if information you had provided to CIC had changed. Further, some of my friend even said there is a min income requirement for family sponsorship of PR, which I never find such information on CIC website.

Anyway, let's hope it doesn't come down to that.
Those friends are partially correct.

While there IS an income requirement to sponsor a parent (part of the Family Class), there is no minimum income requirement to sponsor a spouse or partner (also part of the FC).

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Those friends are partially correct.

While there IS an income requirement to sponsor a parent (part of the Family Class), there is no minimum income requirement to sponsor a spouse or partner (also part of the FC).
provided the spouse has no dependent children i believe. in short, anyone other than just the spouse requires a minimum income.