INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

kszhang

Nov 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
gfdvca said:
I invite you to review some recently compiled information on inland sponsorship and comparable programs in other countries. When it comes to processing times, Canada really does not stack up. Please tweet and share with your local MP.

http://inlandsponsor.weebly.com/
Thank you for the link. I have tweeted as described.

CIC just updated today, and the stage 1 just moved 3 days for almost two weeks, and the time has moved up to 15 months :-[

Tashmia

Dec 1, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I hope someone can help me with my situation.
I came to Canada as an international student in 2008 and i received 3 years work permit after my graduation.
It expired yesterday Nov 30th.
I got married to a Canadian citizen and applied for inland sponsorship in March and in July i received a letter from CIC that my application is in process. My lawyer asked me to apply for open work permit and I applied for it through mail 3 months before my work permit expired. I have not heard anything yet-whether they approved it or not.
I came to work today and wondering should i stop working?

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
HI
We have our inland spousal file within Canada PR file in process. Filed Visa extension 2 months back, got 1 year extension with following:

Case Type 10

Conditions:
a. Unless Authorized, prohibited from Engaging in employment in Canada
b. Must leave Canada by ---date---

Remarks/Observations:
Unless Authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution or Taking any academic, professional or vocational training course.

Are the above conditions and remarks standard. Do people who get visa extension get similar letter. Please Advice.

Question: Can we take part time short term less than 6 months course???

Please help..

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tashmia said:
Hello Everyone,
I hope someone can help me with my situation.
I came to Canada as an international student in 2008 and i received 3 years work permit after my graduation.
It expired yesterday Nov 30th.
I got married to a Canadian citizen and applied for inland sponsorship in March and in July i received a letter from CIC that my application is in process. My lawyer asked me to apply for open work permit and I applied for it through mail 3 months before my work permit expired. I have not heard anything yet-whether they approved it or not.
I came to work today and wondering should i stop working?
Since you did not include the OWP with your Inland application, you do not benefit from having `implied status', which would allow someone to continue to work under the same conditions of their existing WP. However, if you had a PGWP, there's been much debate as to whether or not you could have continued to work even with implied status, since a PGWP cannot be extended.

If you applied for Inland sponsorship in March, you'll likely not have AIP (which is when you are eligible for an OWP) until next June (based on the current processing times) so your OWP application cannot even be processed until you receive AIP.

My opinion is that you should stop working now and find a way to pass the time for the next 6 + months. :(

And...have you applied to change, or extend, your visitor status?

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
vik999 said:
HI
We have our inland spousal file within Canada PR file in process. Filed Visa extension 2 months back, got 1 year extension with following:

Case Type 10

Conditions:

Remarks/Observations:
Unless Authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution or Taking any academic, professional or vocational training course.

Are the above conditions and remarks standard. Do people who get visa extension get similar letter. Please Advice.

Please help..
Any info?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
vik999 said:
HI

Case Type 10

Conditions:

Remarks/Observations:

Please help..
AFAIK, you can. This restriction only means that this is not a study- or work-permit, but you can attend a course that shorter than 6 months without a study permit.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Maybe a little too early, but I just started the 2015 thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2015-t255107.0.html
If anyone planning to apply in 2015, feel free to join!:)

nb2013

Jul 23, 2013
Hello guys,

I will be sponsoring my common law partner via the inland application. He currently has a PGWP which will expire in July 2015. We are planning to include the OWP along with the application via the documents at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Is the Statutory declaration of Common Law Union -IMM 5409 mandatory to include with the application ?

We would really appreciate any help or information

Thanks!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nb2013 said:
Hello guys,

I will be sponsoring my common law partner via the inland application. He currently has a PGWP which will expire in July 2015. We are planning to include the OWP along with the application via the documents at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Is the Statutory declaration of Common Law Union -IMM 5409 mandatory to include with the application ?

We would really appreciate any help or information

Thanks!
Be advised that while the OWP, submitted with the Inland application, will give him implied status, it will likely NOT allow him to continue to work, since PGWP cannot be extended. His implied status may only be as a visitor, which is sufficient for him to legally remain in Canada.

IMM 5409 is not mandatory, but CIC has been know to request this form during processing for some C-L applicants.

jhaboy

Oct 1, 2014
Hi guys!
Need your help...
I sent my INLAND spouse sponsorship application on July 16, 2014 until now i didnt received any email or acknowledge(AOR) that they got my application? Thanks I appreciate your advice...

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
jhaboy said:
Hi guys!
Need your help...
I sent my INLAND spouse sponsorship application on July 16, 2014 until now i didnt received any email or acknowledge(AOR) that they got my application? Thanks I appreciate your advice...
Not everyone receive AOR. You can call CIC and ask for your UCI / file number and with those you can your status in eCAS.

nb2013

Jul 23, 2013
Ponga said:
Be advised that while the OWP, submitted with the Inland application, will give him implied status, it will likely NOT allow him to continue to work, since PGWP cannot be extended. His implied status may only be as a visitor, which is sufficient for him to legally remain in Canada.

IMM 5409 is not mandatory, but CIC has been know to request this form during processing for some C-L applicants.
Thank you Ponga. I assumed IMM 5409 is mandatory for the OWP as per the Instruction Guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Just to confirm for the OWP we need to submit the documents listed at the above link or is there a separate OWP application form link ?

Kindly advise

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long has it been now since the CIC processing times have been updated? it feels like it has been stuck in August for months now. ffs.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nb2013 said:
Thank you Ponga. I assumed IMM 5409 is mandatory for the OWP as per the Instruction Guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Just to confirm for the OWP we need to submit the documents listed at the above link or is there a separate OWP application form link ?

Kindly advise
The OWP that I submitted was IMM 5710, because I was not extending an existing WP. Since PGWP is not extendable, perhaps that is the form that you should use as well?

Hopefully, someone with more information will clarify this for you.

mahmow

Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014
AOR Received.
January 6, 2015
Med's Done....
March 21, 2014
Interview........
SA: June 14, 2015
Passport Req..
AIP: July 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Sept 24, 2015
So I Finally got an application number today when I called in..... but still no AOR. I don't really understand why it took so long to open my file (sent in April). They had nothing for me last week...

Can't login to ECAS either, but will keep trying.