1st: 13-03-2015 2nd: 15-04-2015
File Transfer...
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
01-12-2015
Passport Req..
16-11-2015 (DM)
Ponga said:
Since the OWP was not submitted with the Inland application, implied status doesn't apply.
Sorry I am confused. So if we are approved for stage 1 in Jun 2015, no matter what OWP I apply afterward after stage 1, my sponsorer still need to leave? If we got approved in Jun 2015 for stage 1, and apply for the OWP at that time. Does that work?? I thought the implied status should be valid with the OWP application under process after stage 1.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
siuanna said:
Sorry I am confused. So if we are approved for stage 1 in Jun 2015, no matter what OWP I apply afterward after stage 1, my sponsorer still need to leave? If we got approved in Jun 2015 for stage 1, and apply for the OWP at that time. Does that work?? I thought the implied status should be valid with the OWP application under process after stage 1.
If the OWP was submitted with application, then "implied status" would be granted. If the OWP application was submitted after AIP was granted, the applicant has some kind of status (don't know what the status is really called) while waiting for OWP processing, but not "implied status". The applicant, if working, has to stop working until OWP has been granted.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
siuanna said:
Sorry I am confused. So if we are approved for stage 1 in Jun 2015, no matter what OWP I apply afterward after stage 1, my sponsorer still need to leave?
if an inland applicant leaves canada and is refused re-entry for whatever reason, their inland application will be rejected/cancelled, as it is required for an applicant to be IN canada for the duration of the entire inland process.

femago24

Oct 16, 2014
civic said:
Effective Jan 15 2015, Open Work Permit will be issued to all Inland files with AOR. Confirmed by call center agent this morning. I leave it to you guys to verify if you want to. Source: People from Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/615312178589951/
what if OWP application is not submitted with the inland application but got AOR what will happen?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rhcohen2014 said:
if an inland applicant leaves canada and is refused re-entry for whatever reason, their inland application will be rejected/cancelled, as it is required for an applicant to be IN canada for the duration of the entire inland process.
Note that it is refused because the applicant can't show up at the landing interview (which is inside Canada). The legal requirement is not that the applicant be IN Canada but that they be living with their sponsor in Canada. A trip out of the country is not a break in residence (this is well established in law). Someone who is refused at the border by CBSA (itself very rare, and generally not without cause) does need to insist on an A44(1) report being written - that's the formal determination that someone is legally inadmissible to Canada and it may be appealed.

CIC has some pretty strong scare tactics in their own writings about this issue, but having spoken with CBSA officers in the past about this issue, they understand the impact of a refusal and won't refuse someone without reasonable grounds for doing so.

Guapa

Oct 6, 2014
Hello guys,
Hope someone can help me. My application was submitted by lawyer at the end of October 2014. As of today we didn't get any news/acknowledgement from CIC. We didn't submit all the police clearances (I needed from 2 countries) at the time of application submition because one of the clearances was taking way too long (3.5 months) and we were running out of time. So my lawyer said, let's send the application as is and when u receive police clearance we will send it to CIC. So I received clearance by the end of November ( it was issued November 8th-expired February 8th). I dropped it off at my lawyers office 2.5 weeks ago so they can mail it to CIC. I'm not gonna express my frustration with this lawyer, but this clearance was sitting at their office for all this time ( regardless of my phone calls and emails to them) and just today I got an email from lawyer saying that since there is no file number yet, they can not send it to CIC.
I would like to know if what they are saying is true. How soon do you get the file number? Can anyone please tell me. It took so long and painful to get that clearance that I really don't want to do it again. Thank you very much.

viva99

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
-
Guapa said:
Hello guys,
Hope someone can help me. My application was submitted by lawyer at the end of October 2014. As of today we didn't get any news/acknowledgement from CIC. We didn't submit all the police clearances (I needed from 2 countries) at the time of application submition because one of the clearances was taking way too long (3.5 months) and we were running out of time. So my lawyer said, let's send the application as is and when u receive police clearance we will send it to CIC. So I received clearance by the end of November ( it was issued November 8th-expired February 8th). I dropped it off at my lawyers office 2.5 weeks ago so they can mail it to CIC. I'm not gonna express my frustration with this lawyer, but this clearance was sitting at their office for all this time ( regardless of my phone calls and emails to them) and just today I got an email from lawyer saying that since there is no file number yet, they can not send it to CIC.
I would like to know if what they are saying is true. How soon do you get the file number? Can anyone please tell me. It took so long and painful to get that clearance that I really don't want to do it again. Thank you very much.

Hey Guapa..
I cannot begin to tell you what I've been going through because of the inefficiency of not 1... but 3 lawyers I consulted before I sent in my application.
Anyways. Once you receive an AOR ( have no idea when) it will contain your file #. Any additional documents you have to send it can be sent once you receive this.

viva99

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
-
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor/u/8977701

A ray of hope.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
viva99 said:
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor/u/8977701

A ray of hope.
What happens to all the people who never get an AOR because CIC was too lazy to issue one?

If they're too lazy to issue an AOR, then I'm guessing they'll be too lazy to issue an OWP.

viva99

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
-
GustavesF said:
What happens to all the people who never get an AOR because CIC was too lazy to issue one?

If they're too lazy to issue an AOR, then I'm guessing they'll be too lazy to issue an OWP.
Well, you can only hope that your file gets handed to the most efficient employee.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
viva99 said:

A ray of hope.
I don't know what the senior members think of this but I was urging caution in another thread as this is purely speculation based on a conversation with a call centre agent, and we all know how reliable they are. Practically I don't see how it would be possible without causing CIC a massive headache as they would be inundated with inland applications....which they are clearly not able to cope with the current volume. Also what would be stopping those submitting false applications to take advantage of gaining a work permit, checks would need to be carried out to stop this, so unless there was a massive increase in time and resources for inland apps it just doesn't seem to make sense. However, if anyone can get more concrete evidence I will gladly stand corrected.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
brucem said:
I don't know what the senior members think of this but I was urging caution in another thread as this is purely speculation based on a conversation with a call centre agent, and we all know how reliable they are. Practically I don't see how it would be possible without causing CIC a massive headache as they would be inundated with inland applications....which they are clearly not able to cope with the current volume. Also what would be stopping those submitting false applications to take advantage of gaining a work permit, checks would need to be carried out to stop this, so unless there was a massive increase in time and resources for inland apps it just doesn't seem to make sense. However, if anyone can get more concrete evidence I will gladly stand corrected.
What I forsee is that they will just delay the AOR for months now. They would still be complying with a new 'rule' but there is no hard fast rule that states when the AOR must be sent as is evidenced by the folks here mentioning they haven't yet seen an AOR and they've had applications in for a few months now.

Of course the article listed here isn't really anything other than speculation and 'hope' based on what a call center agent 'supposedly' said as well. Until I see/hear something official from CIC I would encourage folks to not put all of their eggs into this basket of hope; otherwise, they might find themselves in worse shape than they are by waiting for an OWP for the currently stated 15 months.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brucem said:
It sounds strange but the call center agents (many of them) just repeated what they are told by CIC. Why they do it? Nobody knows. How they will implement is still a mystery. But yes, it was confirmed and there was written instruction sent out to agents. Why do you even mention about frauds? Dont you know fraud could happen between foreigners (someone marrying foreign students to get OWP) for the exact same purpose? LOL And OWP can easily be revoked if anything goes wrong. I dont see why CIC would have to be concerned about granting OWP to Inland.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:
What I forsee is that they will just delay the AOR for months now. They would still be complying with a new 'rule' but there is no hard fast rule that states when the AOR must be sent as is evidenced by the folks here mentioning they haven't yet seen an AOR and they've had applications in for a few months now.

Of course the article listed here isn't really anything other than speculation and 'hope' based on what a call center agent 'supposedly' said as well. Until I see/hear something official from CIC I would encourage folks to not put all of their eggs into this basket of hope; otherwise, they might find themselves in worse shape than they are by waiting for an OWP for the currently stated 15 months.
You can too call CIC and hear the version of your own call agent :) Anybody can do it. I think many ppl have done it in the past couple days and the majority of agents have confirmed the same thing but the instruction are yet to be finalized.

1. Not only one agent work there
And 2. they can't just repeat the same random thing as big as this

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
civic said:
It sounds strange but the call center agents (many of them) just repeated what they are told by CIC. Why they do it? Nobody knows. How they will implement is still a mystery. But yes, it was confirmed and there was written instruction sent out to agents. Why do you even mention about frauds? Dont you know fraud could happen between foreigners (someone marrying foreign students to get OWP) for the exact same purpose? LOL And OWP can easily be revoked if anything goes wrong. I dont see why CIC would have to be concerned about granting OWP to Inland.
How do you know this? Have you seen this written instruction or are you basing it on what was said? I strongly encourage those of you who want this to be true I would strongly urge you to not rely on this information until it is written in the CIC rulebook. Why set yourself up for another potential dose of hardship if it's not necessary. If it happens, awesome, fantastic, happy surprise, but if it doesn't happen, then what?