civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:
How do you know this? Have you seen this written instruction or are you basing it on what was said? I strongly encourage those of you who want this to be true I would strongly urge you to not rely on this information until it is written in the CIC rulebook. Why set yourself up for another potential dose of hardship if it's not necessary. If it happens, awesome, fantastic, happy surprise, but if it doesn't happen, then what?
I called. People called. Information matched. I agree it is still a hope, but the speculation is so logically matched that I would safely consider it "fact". There has not been written confirmation from CIC.

Instruction was sent out Nov 28. Plan was to implement new policy Dec 1, but re-schedule to Jan because they need more time to work on policy revision. This is what I hear.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
civic said:
You can too call CIC and hear the version of your own call agent :) Anybody can do it. I think many ppl have done it in the past couple days and the majority of agents have confirmed the same thing but the instruction are yet to be finalized.
Many agents also tell you that you can work past your IEC/PGWP expiry date on implied status as well. Incorrect information is just as dangerous if not more so than saying nothing at all.

Think of all the reasons why they would want to say something like this, then think of all the reasons why if it were true they would and/or should say nothing about this until it is a CIC followed rule.

Then choose your course of action wisely. That is all I am saying. Be careful with information that you can't verify.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Alurra71 said:
Many agents also tell you that you can work past your IEC/PGWP expiry date on implied status as well. Incorrect information is just as dangerous if not more so than saying nothing at all.

Think of all the reasons why they would want to say something like this, then think of all the reasons why if it were true they would and/or should say nothing about this until it is a CIC followed rule.

Then choose your course of action wisely. That is all I am saying. Be careful with information that you can't verify.
There are tons of people called and we are hoping we can make a change. We are being optimistic, and hoping for the best.

It's been a long ordeal for inland applicants. We are putting pressure to our MP's as well. It doesn't hurt to try.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As wonderful as this `sounds', I still think it would be a monumental task to actually implement this, unless (as Alurra71 has stated) the AOR process is also changed [delayed] to coincide with this new policy.

The real question would be if this would be grandfathered to those that already have AOR, but have not yet received AIP.

Now THAT would be impressive!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:
As wonderful as this `sounds', I still think it would be a monumental task to actually implement this, unless (as Alurra71 has stated) the AOR process is also changed [delayed] to coincide with this new policy.

The real question would be if this would be grandfathered to those that already have AOR, but have not yet received AIP.

Now THAT would be impressive!
I can't imagine that it wouldn't be grandfathered. But I have to add that I have serious doubts that it will happen. And I believe that IF it will happen than there will be a huge delay in issuing OWPs.
Let's see what happens in January-February. Till then, I agree with Alurra, I had so much false hope before (like CIC will start working on September, than - according to some information from call centre and MPs - they will really start working on October, etc), I don't want to hope in anything not 100% sure anymore.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
civic said:
It sounds strange but the call center agents (many of them) just repeated what they are told by CIC. Why they do it? Nobody knows. How they will implement is still a mystery. But yes, it was confirmed and there was written instruction sent out to agents. Why do you even mention about frauds? Dont you know fraud could happen between foreigners (someone marrying foreign students to get OWP) for the exact same purpose? LOL And OWP can easily be revoked if anything goes wrong. I dont see why CIC would have to be concerned about granting OWP to Inland.
I mentioned fraud because there is a huge difference between waiting 15 months for an OWP and waiting 4 weeks for an AOR and an OWP. Unless CIC carry out checks on the validity of each application anyone could enter canada as a visitor, submit an inland app and gain a OWP for two years before anyone looks at the application. I'm just trying to think logically about it. Alurra is probably right they would just delay the AOR. I'm not trying to put a downer on it I just don't want people getting excited then suddenly let down. Also what happens to the huge backlog, do they all suddenly get OWP or do they just start in Jan and leave the rest who have already applied. Seems hugely complicated.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Carlaganda23 said:
There are tons of people called and we are hoping we can make a change. We are being optimistic, and hoping for the best.

It's been a long ordeal for inland applicants. We are putting pressure to our MP's as well. It doesn't hurt to try.
At not point have I stated that you shouldn't be optimistic and continue to try to change the way it's currently working.

What I said is use caution when stating it as fact until you can get hard proof. Until then it is only optimism, speculation and hope. While infectious and fantastic for morale it does nothing to help those who may come after you and assume it to be fact and file their applications based on the information on these threads.

We all know that having accurate information is crucial to making an informed decision on how to best get our applications processed.

I sincerely hope that CIC does make a change regarding how they run Inland applications, but until they 'put the proof' in writing, my skeptical side doesn't really trust them.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
We will wait and see about this change early next year. Right now, we are doing our job to contact our MP's, get an attention to the media in a hope that they can hear our voice . In the meantime, I keep myself busy renovating and painting our new abode.

Keep your spirits high folks and pray!

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
brucem said:
I mentioned fraud because there is a huge difference between waiting 15 months for an OWP and waiting 4 weeks for an AOR and an OWP. Unless CIC carry out checks on the validity of each application anyone could enter canada as a visitor, submit an inland app and gain a OWP for two years before anyone looks at the application. I'm just trying to think logically about it. Alurra is probably right they would just delay the AOR. I'm not trying to put a downer on it I just don't want people getting excited then suddenly let down. Also what happens to the huge backlog, do they all suddenly get OWP or do they just start in Jan and leave the rest who have already applied. Seems hugely complicated.
I'm sure they will do proper protocol for these issues.

viva99

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
-
Carlaganda23 said:

No one completely understands how CIC works. Let's just assume they do.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Carlaganda23 said:
Yes but that means time and resources something sadly lacking for inland apps, so unless CIC divert resources to cope with the backlog it only leads back to what Alurra was saying about the wait times for AOR soaring. Anyway we will have to wait and see come the new year. Good luck with the painting just don't tell CBSA they might boot you out

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Carlaganda23 said:
We will wait and see about this change early next year. Right now, we are doing our job to contact our MP's, get an attention to the media in a hope that they can hear our voice . In the meantime, I keep myself busy renovating and painting our new abode.

Keep your spirits high folks and pray!
I am such a computer nerd/geek. I read this statement and the FIRST thing that popped into my head was Photoshop. I wonder what his design field is.......

Then I read it again, and finally realized you meant actual painting of a home with paint and brushes ...

*pushes her nerd glasses up on her nerd nose and huffs in embarassment*

Well then. I will now exit and go eat a 1/2 pint of Ben and Jerry's to drown my sorrows ;)

Good luck with the painting! :D

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
Alurra71 said:
I am such a computer nerd/geek. I read this statement and the FIRST thing that popped into my head was Photoshop. I wonder what his design field is.......

Then I read it again, and finally realized you meant actual painting of a home with paint and brushes ...

*pushes her nerd glasses up on her nerd nose and huffs in embarassment*

Well then. I will now exit and go eat a 1/2 pint of Ben and Jerry's to drown my sorrows ;)

Lol! That's funny Allura. I'm a nurse by profession by the way. Thanks for the humour ;D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:

:eek: Cherry Garcia by chance?! 8)