Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Ponga said:
Agreed. We agree to disagree. ;)

Btw...My example was greater than 8 months.
haha... math was never my strong suit. :p

GREATER than 8 months makes more sense!

CarlaW

Apr 1, 2014
I'm an American who applied inland simply because my partner and I are only common-law. Although we've been living together for 2 years now, I thought applying "outland" seemed questionable being that living together "as a married couple" makes us common-law. We didn't want to risk being denied...

However foolish that may have been, I'll soon be withdrawing my application anyway and taking my changes on the stateside immigration process! We sent in a "fiance visa" application to the US for me to sponsor my Italian fiance last week - it was delivered on Monday, I got a confirmation email on Wednesday, and I can login to check my online status now. I'm baffled and encouraged beyond belief!

But things are looking up here in Canada and I wish everyone good luck!!

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
rhcohen2014 said:
see, i don't get that. how would that be "nil"? if you are expecting to wait at LEAST another 6 months just to get 1st stage approval, then WHY NOT withdraw and apply outland? you are more likely to be fully approved in and around that same amount of time. the same receipts and medical can be used for the outland application, so if you have copies, all tht's needed is to get the other paperwork together, which i'm sure would be *easier* the second time around.

again, agree to disagree.
Withdrawing your application is easy but you can't apply outland till you receive confirmation from CIC stating the withdraw. This confirmation takes couple of months... So I guess many will hesitate before they withdraw because you can't submit outland before you get the confirmation.

marcyb25

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-10-2014
Actually I read somewhere in another group here that CIC can take up to 6 months to issue a refund. There is no guarantee they will use your information like medicals etc that is already on file and finally....some American states have wait times of up to 24 months. Another point to consider is by the time some consider withdrawing their visitor status has expired and they are under implied status. Withdrawing and reapplying means that that visitor status will have to be renewed..CIC may not renew. So these are all things to consider

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
marcyb25 said:
and finally....some American states have wait times of up to 24 months.
do you mean for outland pr approval? for a us citizen PR application it does NOT take 24 months for approval. my guess is you are looking at the processing times for LA on the CIC website? The posted processing times on the CIC website are not "averages", are misleading and not current. The posted times are basically "worst case scenarios" of every application processed at that office, which for some means multiple countries.

US applications are not sent to LA, they are sent to OTTAWA and processed there. Only a small number of applications actually get sent to LA, which is where interviews are held. currently, for those requiring interviews, the wait time seems to be about 12-16 months. NY doesn't process family class applications, only LA handles files, and again, only a SLIM number of applications actually get sent there. For the most part, if the file is straightforward, the interview is waived. Current us applicants are getting approved in 3-7 months. CIC has recently begun to fast track applications, probably relating to the increase of info sharing between the 2 countries.

marcyb25 said:
Actually I read somewhere in another group here that CIC can take up to 6 months to issue a refund. There is no guarantee they will use your information like medicals etc that is already on file and finally....some American states have wait times of up to 24 months. Another point to consider is by the time some consider withdrawing their visitor status has expired and they are under implied status. Withdrawing and reapplying means that that visitor status will have to be renewed..CIC may not renew. So these are all things to consider
some valid points for sure. this is the first time i've heard an outland app can't be submitted UNTIL there is proof the inland app has been withdrawn. i was under the impression as long as the withdrawl process has started, the app can be sent.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rhcohen2014 said:
US applications are not sent to LA, they are sent to OTTAWA and processed there.
This is also clearly spelled out on the CIC website (when you look for the visa office handling US PR applicants it clearly lists "CPC-O") yet people continue to think that they will go through LA or NYC.

Even if a US applicant writes "NYC" or "LA" on their application, it will still be sent to Ottawa. Only Ottawa will make the decision to forward it as necessary.

Msjanjan

Nov 2, 2014
New to this blog, Ive just sent my application for inland spousal sponsorship to cpc missisauga on 21/10/2014 however in my application for where it says visa processing office I wrote vegreville is this going to cause any problems or slow down my application process?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Msjanjan said:
New to this blog, Ive just sent my application for inland spousal sponsorship to cpc missisauga on 21/10/2014 however in my application for where it says visa processing office I wrote vegreville is this going to cause any problems or slow down my application process?
No, it won't cause you any problems.

Diva Diva

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Pls in the payment section for spouse or conjugal partner. If i'm sponsoring my wife only, am i paying principal applicant, spouse or common la0021287994 unity bank. Alogo patience.w partner,permanent residence fee which add up to $1665. Pls any let me if its correct amount.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diva Diva said:
Pls in the payment section for spouse or conjugal partner. If i'm sponsoring my wife only, am i paying principal applicant, spouse or common la0021287994 unity bank. Alogo patience.w partner,permanent residence fee which add up to $1665. Pls any let me if its correct amount.
The total would be $1040

$ 75 for the sponsor's fee + $475 for the applicant (who is your wife) + $490 for the RPRF

femago24

Oct 16, 2014
I did submit inland application august 2014 and I didnt put the application for OWP together and now im out of status applied for restoration as a visitor! Any chance to get denied? And I didnt pay the rprf with my application? Hope still ok if I didnt..

Diva Diva

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Ponga said:
The total would be $1040

$ 75 for the sponsor's fee + $475 for the applicant (who is your wife) + $490 for the RPRF

So that means the spouse or commonlaw partner or conjugal partner is not partof it?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Diva Diva said:
So that means the spouse or commonlaw partner or conjugal partner is not partof it?
the "spouse" is either the principle applicant OR the sponsor. if there is only a husband and wife, then there is no "spouse" to pay for. you pay 1 fee for the sponsor and 1 fee for the principle applicant (spouse being sponsored).

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
see, i don't get that. how would that be "nil"? if you are expecting to wait at LEAST another 6 months just to get 1st stage approval, then WHY NOT withdraw and apply outland? you are more likely to be fully approved in and around that same amount of time. the same receipts and medical can be used for the outland application, so if you have copies, all tht's needed is to get the other paperwork together, which i'm sure would be *easier* the second time around.

again, agree to disagree.
We've only been waiting five months... but in our case, for us to withdraw and reapply, my husband would have to reorder all his documents: birth certificate, police checks, medicals, etc. From what I've heard from others who have done it, we shouldn't expect any of the original package to be returned. That, and refunding the original payment takes months, from what I've heard.

Honestly, with only me working, money is a huge factor.