waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
PixieDuster said:
We've only been waiting five months... but in our case, for us to withdraw and reapply, my husband would have to reorder all his documents: birth certificate, police checks, medicals, etc. From what I've heard from others who have done it, we shouldn't expect any of the original package to be returned. That, and refunding the original payment takes months, from what I've heard.

Honestly, with only me working, money is a huge factor.
for a us citizen, it's not required to send in an original of a birth certificate, only a copy. for police records, it's not necessary to submit it upfront, and for medicals, assuming it hasn't been over a year since it's done, most doctors have the ability to reprint a receipt. my app was submitted 5 months after my medical was done, and i was fine. they extended my medical a couple of weeks on my landing papers.

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
for a us citizen, it's not required to send in an original of a birth certificate, only a copy. for police records, it's not necessary to submit it upfront, and for medicals, assuming it hasn't been over a year since it's done, most doctors have the ability to reprint a receipt. my app was submitted 5 months after my medical was done, and i was fine. they extended my medical a couple of weeks on my landing papers.
I should have noted - he isn't American, but Spanish. And he's lived in places other than Spain and Canada, so further checks are needed. Especially since one has already expired.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
PixieDuster said:
I should have noted - he isn't American, but Spanish. And he's lived in places other than Spain and Canada, so further checks are needed. Especially since one has already expired.
ah, that makes sense. yes, us residents don't seem to be processed as quickly as citizens. seems to be more like 12-16 months, so it would make sense for us residents to stick with inland than dealing with resubmitting.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
PixieDuster said:
So long as CIC received it BEFORE the 3 months was up, they shouldn't need another unless he has recently traveled back to that country and could've added to the file.

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
ah, that makes sense. yes, us residents don't seem to be processed as quickly as citizens. seems to be more like 12-16 months.
He isn't American at all, btw. I think you have me confused with the original poster who was asking about withdrawing their Inland as a US citizen. He (my husband) is a full Spaniard.

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
Alurra71 said:
So long as CIC received it BEFORE the 3 months was up, they shouldn't need another unless he has recently traveled back to that country and could've added to the file.
...but not if you withdraw completely and resubmit. Right? I mean, the actual check has an expiry on it.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
rhcohen2014 said:
Is it true that for US nationals i.e. USA Citizens have different procedure and have faster processing?.
What for people from other countries?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
vik999 said:
Is it true that for US nationals i.e. USA Citizens have different procedure and have faster processing?.
What for people from other countries?
it's not that the procedure is different. the speed of an outland application is based on many factors. one of those factors is how quickly the applicant's home country responds to requests from CIC. The US and Canada have open sharing for A LOT of public AND private information, so CIC can get the information very quickly compared to other countries. That is why it seems US applications are "fast tracked". That's not exactly the case. In fact, CIC has now begun speeding up the process for "non-complicated" applications from other countries too, namely the UK, Australia, and some Asian countries. Also it's important to note the "trend" for us residents (Those in the us on work visas) are NOT processed as quickly as US citizens are - again probably relating to how quickly CIC can get the information from the applicant's home country.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
do you mean for outland pr approval? for a us citizen PR application it does NOT take 24 months for approval. my guess is you are looking at the processing times for LA on the CIC website? The posted processing times on the CIC website are not "averages", are misleading and not current. The posted times are basically "worst case scenarios" of every application processed at that office, which for some means multiple countries.

US applications are not sent to LA, they are sent to OTTAWA and processed there. Only a small number of applications actually get sent to LA, which is where interviews are held. currently, for those requiring interviews, the wait time seems to be about 12-16 months. NY doesn't process family class applications, only LA handles files, and again, only a SLIM number of applications actually get sent there. For the most part, if the file is straightforward, the interview is waived. Current us applicants are getting approved in 3-7 months. CIC has recently begun to fast track applications, probably relating to the increase of info sharing between the 2 countries.

some valid points for sure. this is the first time i've heard an outland app can't be submitted UNTIL there is proof the inland app has been withdrawn. i was under the impression as long as the withdrawl process has started, the app can be sent.
Have you ever withdrew an application from inland and reapplied for outland?
If you have, please explain all the intricacies.

According to the people I've been able to reach at CIC I can't do anything about it for now as it's water under the bridge.
My MP's office isn't sure that withdrawing my application and re-submitting won't increase my wait time due to whatever hoops are involved.
At this point it's still likely that I may withdraw my inland application.

Like I said, from day one, when I was looking at 7 months inland vs 40 days outland I badgered CIC extensively and what I was told was that both processes were the same.
Clearly I wanted the shorter line, but when I applied I was told that since we are living in Canada we need to apply as per someone living in Canada.
I believe their exact response when I specifically inquired about it was to the tune of: "You live in Canada, we're the experts so trust us, not whomever you've talked to".
When I started waiting the line was 7 months away, but now it's 14, last month it was 13 and before that it was 12 and 11 and 10, etc...

I talked to an immigration lawyer and they basically told me that they could help us prepare the paperwork, but it's the same line and we'd have the same 7 month wait time. Lending further credence to the whole "well we're in Canada, I suppose we need to apply inland".

Government nomenclature on all these items is frankly terrible. I don't understand how anyone would have known to apply as if they didn't live in Canada when they do. Or why, if you can apply either way, with the same forms and fees does that even matter. Or why 7 months turned into 14 just because paid government services can be turned off for 7 months. I wish my job was like that.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
GustavesF said:
Have you ever withdrew an application from inland and reapplied for outland?
If you have, please explain all the intricacies.
um no, never claimed to have. wouldn't even know where to start. i applied outland because from the research i did, i knew it was the better choice for me. the fact that traveling out of canada is not advised for inland applicants was enough for me to make the decision.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
PixieDuster said:
...but not if you withdraw completely and resubmit. Right? I mean, the actual check has an expiry on it.
I guess I didnt' read the entire conversation.

You are correct. If you withdraw and then resubmit, it is likely you will require ALL of your police checks to be done again, not just one.

The police clearances are valid for 3 months from the date they are printed. So long as CIC receives them on/BEFORE the 3 month point, the are valid and will remain so.

If you do withdraw your application, then all of the police checks become null/void because when you apply again with a fresh application, it is likely that the 3 months is well past and that is assuming that CIC returns the proofs you sent with the original application. Do not bank on that though.

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
Alurra71 said:
If you do withdraw your application, then all of the police checks become null/void because when you apply again with a fresh application, it is likely that the 3 months is well past and that is assuming that CIC returns the proofs you sent with the original application. Do not bank on that though.
Precisely what we thought. Which is why we are trying to get a hold of CIC to get their opinion... but I know what mine is.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Is there anyone who filed spouse sponsorship application in Mid September 2014 and got AOR from CIC?

Diva Diva

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
rhcohen2014 said:
the "spouse" is either the principle applicant OR the sponsor. if there is only a husband and wife, then there is no "spouse" to pay for. you pay 1 fee for the sponsor and 1 fee for the principle applicant (spouse being sponsored).
Thanks so everyone sponsoring just the spouse alone pays $1040 right?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Diva Diva said:
Thanks so everyone sponsoring just the spouse alone pays $1040 right?
Yes, correct.