11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
i'm a bit confused by your timeline. the way i'm reading it, you submitted your INLAND application in June of 2014 and have received your AIP and OWP approval in August of 2014? or do you mean you submitted your OWP in august? the way it's written seems virtually impossible based on the expriences of every other inland applicant. am i misunderstanding your timeline perhaps?
sorry am still new to this.Yes i submitted it in June when i was outta status so i had a lil issus with the CBSA and they expedited my application and i received the AIP on august 11 and it said i was eligible to apply for OWP in that same mail which i applied for on that same day and did my medicals a week after which was just this monday. I just want to know how long it will take for a decision to be made since the CBSA gave CIC 60 days to make a decision on my case.

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missworld13 said:
Hi, I am applicant and my husband is sponsor. I want to start my studies but I was waiting for my status so I will be able to pay doemstic tuition fee but after reading your comment i thought to start my studies while I am waiting for PR.

I am in Ontario and I married to PR holder... I am not looking for OHIP as My hubby will pa my fee but how can I be eligible for domestic fee and what is the procedure. need more info Kindly explain.
also I am on implied status only. also didn't receive AOR yet

Thanks in Advance
Hi,

1) I shall be glad if I can help you with this. It is important that we share our experiences that benefit the rest.
2) If you enter a university (not sure about colleges) in Ontario other than the university of Windsor and not covered by OHIP, you are obliged to be covered by UHIP, basically a private negotiated group plan that has exactly the same coverage as OHIP with a reasonable rate of about $55 per month. visit uhip.ca for more details. please note it is mandatory (which I think is a very good idea).
3) You can find the information about the domestic tuition fee on the Ontario ministry of education website. The responsible person for the issue is Ms Itan Farrokhyar. I have talked to her on the phone and she told me if the university does not help you with the domestic fee, let me know and she would call the university to resolve the issue. However, the university of Carleton already had a form for this situation (married to PR or Canadian) and we did not need to go back to Ms Farrokhyar.
4) All the information you need is on (Google it, I cannot post a link)
"THE ONTARIO OPERATING FUNDS DISTRIBUTION MANUAL"
with the latest version as of October 2009.
4.1) Go to section 1.1.7 for the definition of dependent.
4.2) Go to section 4.1.3 for the definition of who can pay domestic fee (basically exempted from the international fee). for your convenience I am copying it here.
"
An international student is eligible to be counted for operating grant purposes if that student falls within any
of the following categories:
a) A person who is the dependent (see Section 1.1.7 for definition) of a Canadian citizen or
permanent resident of Canada.
"

4.3) In the last page of the document above, you can find the contact information for Ms Itan Farrokhyar. But believe me you will not need to talk to her. The graduate affairs and undergraduate affairs of your university should only act based on this manual.

5) If the above text is a bit confusing, you can decipher it by the text in section 5.1.4.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need more info.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mekima said:
sorry am still new to this.Yes i submitted it in June when i was outta status so i had a lil issus with the CBSA and they expedited my application and i received the AIP on august 11 and it said i was eligible to apply for OWP in that same mail which i applied for on that same day and did my medicals a week after which was just this monday. I just want to know how long it will take for a decision to be made since the CBSA gave CIC 60 days to make a decision on my case.
um so, i am not sure how likely it is you will get an accurate answer to your question. your situation is rather unique, and there are many applicants who have been waiting months and months for DM and landing interviews. if CBSA gave CIC 60 days to make a decision, then i suspect you will get it within 60 days. Not many people on here have CBSA forcing CIC to make a decision within a certain amount of time.

if you don't mind me asking, would you share what "issue" you had with CBSA? I'm sure there are plenty of applicants who are in the same position as you and would be interested in hearing your story, if you are comfortable sharing it of course.

mekima

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
um so, i am not sure how likely it is you will get an accurate answer to your question. your situation is rather unique, and there are many applicants who have been waiting weeks and months for DM and landing interviews. if CBSA gave CIC 60 days to make a decision, then i suspect you will get it within 60 days. Not many people on here have CBSA forcing CIC to make a decision within a certain amount of time.

if you don't mind me asking, would you share what "issue" you had with CBSA? I'm sure there are plenty of applicants who are in the same position as you and would be interested in hearing your story, if you are comfortable sharing it of course.
Ofcuz y not...my cousin was coming to school here as an international student and upon reaching the airport she was asked some questions about if she knew anybody here which she said no to it. so it prompted CBSA to do a search and my name came up before she admitted to knowin me...i guess it was fear of being denied entry here since they seem to have the notion that if u have family here and u r comin for school the chances of you leavin is slim. So CBSA contacted me and took my passport and since i had an aplication in already they told me i would be granted an administrative deferral which means they will give CIC 60 days to make a decision. thats my story.....

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
YAY!!! We received our AOR today. We would have gotten it sooner, I think, except that on August 7th we got an email, through out consultant, that I had signed one form in the wrong place and none of us had seen it. I resigned it and they received it on August 13th. So in one week they have now sent confirmation of AOR. They had received the applications on May 22, 2014 so I knew it was coming soon after seeing so many people here get theirs.

mekima

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
higgins1 said:
People who follow the rules and never been out of status force to wait 12-13 months for an AIP... You got it in 2 months.. To tell you the truth, this makes me very angry..
I believe every case is different so being angry about this am sorry to say wont make any difference.......a friend who also filed for spousal sponsorship got everythin approved and decision made in 6 months so every case is different... am sure someone has veen been waitin longer than even that but it all still comes down to whoever is handlin the case.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mekima said:
I believe every case is different so being angry about this am sorry to say wont make any difference.......a friend who also filed for spousal sponsorship got everythin approved and decision made in 6 months so every case is different... am sure someone has veen been waitin longer than even that but it all still comes down to whoever is handlin the case.
The immigration system in this country belongs to pre-history age

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Ah yes, life certainly is not fair, but oh well! I wrote to my MP and will go meet her next month. I encourage you all to make contact with your MPs and rattle some chains! Let's get things moving!

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Monkeyfish said:
Ah yes, life certainly is not fair, but oh well! I wrote to my MP and will go meet her next month. I encourage you all to make contact with your MPs and rattle some chains! Let's get things moving!
Any new progress for AIP?. For which month is CIC processing?. Anyone filed Inland in 2014 got AIP so far?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
mekima said:
Ofcuz y not...my cousin was coming to school here as an international student and upon reaching the airport she was asked some questions about if she knew anybody here which she said no to it. so it prompted CBSA to do a search and my name came up before she admitted to knowin me...i guess it was fear of being denied entry here since they seem to have the notion that if u have family here and u r comin for school the chances of you leavin is slim. So CBSA contacted me and took my passport and since i had an aplication in already they told me i would be granted an administrative deferral which means they will give CIC 60 days to make a decision. thats my story.....
CBSA has asked CIC to make a determination about AIP, in this case to actually grant what you call an administrative deferral. That does not mean that CIC is going to respond within that timeline. This also means that if you don't have any status in the country that you are now going to be at risk of being deported if CIC doesn't respond. I suspect that if CIC does respond it will be with more of an answer geared toward "we haven't looked at this applicant yet and can't give an answer".

There is another, from last year, who was in a similar situation, in that she had no status and was at risk for deportation. Her case is still ongoing as CIC didn't respond to CBSA request, last I had heard. She was hoping to remain on H & C grounds because she had a couple children with her. Anyway, don't count on CIC to 'rush' your application because CBSA has 'flagged' you. Be prepared for any outcome, inlcuding what you will do if you are deported back to your home country and must file a new application OUTLAND.

If you wish to look up the other person I was speaking about. She uses the handle "VioletBlue".

Good luck to you.

Aug 21, 2014
Is everyone able to login to ecas system?
I received AOR on August 7, 2014 and it looks like all other applicants who received AOR on August timeframe are able to login to ecas.
I tried to login with my application number on AOR and sponsor's UCI number, but I cannot login to it. :(

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
cocacolasprite said:
Is everyone able to login to ecas system?
I received AOR on August 7, 2014 and it looks like all other applicants who received AOR on August timeframe are able to login to ecas.
I tried to login with my application number on AOR and sponsor's UCI number, but I cannot login to it. :(
I also received AOR on August 7 and cannot log in to the E-cas yet. I am the applicant and I used the application number.

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Why I didn't receive my AOR yet... feeling annoyed :(

Should I call to call center and ask them but how can they tell me I have no UCI number... Can they tell on receipt number