+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hello everyone, i really appreciate the quick response of members here as regard any question been asked. i need an answer to this question:
I will be applying soonest but trying to gather information. i can't remember the date of birth of my parents and they are not around now to contact them. what do u guys think i can do. should i leave the space blank or put "*" sign as indicated in the guide? Can this affect my application. Any advise will be highly appreciated

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lellen said:
yeah... I just saw a bunch of immigration workers and cbsa workers near my work today, getting coffee. I hadn't seen them in a while, I think they went back to work today! They seemed happy and rested.

(I live in Ottawa).
what ... they had to go all the way to ottawa from mississauga to get some decent coffee. no doubt they are all so cranky and not able to work fast enough :p

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hi guys! Congrats to those getting your AOR. I think it's ridiculous that they're telling us that merely being in the ECAS system is equivalent to AOR. I'm pregnant and need proof of AOR before even considering the possibility of RAMQ (Quebec healthcare) reimbursement, and they want PAPERWORK. Not some website screen.

Anyway, I have a question. My USA drivers license is going to expire before I receive PR. Does anyone know if I am able to obtain a Canadian drivers license in the meantime?

Thanky!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monkeyfish said:
Hi guys! Congrats to those getting your AOR. I think it's ridiculous that they're telling us that merely being in the ECAS system is equivalent to AOR. I'm pregnant and need proof of AOR before even considering the possibility of RAMQ (Quebec healthcare) reimbursement, and they want PAPERWORK. Not some website screen.

Anyway, I have a question. My USA drivers license is going to expire before I receive PR. Does anyone know if I am able to obtain a Canadian drivers license in the meantime?

Thanky!
We don't get hard copy for AOR. just an email. so not sure what kind of paperwork they require, it will still be a printout. if one hasn't received an email, the applicant can email the CIC and they usually send an email back confirming the AOR.

you dont need a PR to obtain canadian license. You can definitely get your G1 right now and check if you can apply for G based on your american license. also why not renew the american license?

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Thanks Chakra!

I think an Email printout would actually suffice better than no piece of paper at all.

Great to know about the driver license. I am not sure how I can renew my American DL if I can't travel back to the US to do so. Maybe a bit more research on my part is in order. Thank you again!

qbncouple

Mar 2, 2014
Hello all,

I beleive I received AOR email like 15 minutes ago. It seems that CPC-M is moving. Sophie please could you update Sreadsheet?

here is what I got,

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
Dear xxxxxxxx,
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/02/04 on behalf of the following member(s):
xxxxxxxxxxxx

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qbncouple said:
Hello all,

I beleive I received AOR email like 15 minutes ago. It seems that CPC-M is moving. Sophie please could you update Sreadsheet?

here is what I got,

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
Dear xxxxxxxx,
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/02/04 on behalf of the following member(s):
xxxxxxxxxxxx

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
YUP YUP YUP

sophieee, time to update :p

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monkeyfish said:
YAY qbncouple!

Forgive my frequent posts today - trying to get my number up a bit. Will explore some other topics! ;D
trying to post links eh :p

qbncouple

Mar 2, 2014
So I checked on e-cas but still does not show anything I think I should give it a few more days?
The fact that they sent me the AOR means all my original documentation that I send forms police checks etc is in order right?

thx,

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qbncouple said:
So I checked on e-cas but still does not show anything I think I should give it a few more days?
The fact that they sent me the AOR means all my original documentation that I send forms police checks etc is in order right?

thx,
it means your file is complete as of now. they may ask for more supporting/update documents later on. so no worries about application sent back.

ecas isn't updated by the VO. so give it a day or two before the update propagates to the e-cas system from the internal database.

ml1535

Mar 1, 2014
WOW!
It seems they are actually moving along... This is great news. Congrats to everybody who received an AOR recently :) That's so awesome! :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Congrats qbncouple and randhawa, I'm so happy about the good news!:)

I was able to see my app in e-cas about 4-5 days later than I got the AOR.