28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
sophieee said:
Congrats qbncouple and randhawa, I'm so happy about the good news!:)

This is quite exciting....:)
I'm the third next on the spreadsheet!
I will keep you all posted
In other news my baby boy is also due on Tuesday, wouldn't mind both things turning up on the same day
;D

qbncouple

Mar 2, 2014
Thanks for the congrats everyone and for the response chakrab. I am happy we are all finally starting to get AOR. Now the real wait begins ;D all the best to everyone.

Margiela

Apr 3, 2014
Hi everybody,

I've got my AOR on May 17th. Finally CIC have started processing our applications:)

Sent: Mississauga
Nationality: Russian
Medical: with app
Criminal: with app
Paid:with app

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Margiela said:
Hi everybody,

I've got my AOR on May 17th. Finally CIC have started processing our applications:)

Sent: Mississauga
Nationality: Russian
Medical: with app
Criminal: with app
Paid:with app
Congrats and thanks for sharing!:)

dassine2013

Feb 21, 2014
Congratulations for those whose got their AOR.
I called CIC this morning asking why i didn't get my AOR, she gave me my sponsorship file number and told me that they are no longer issuing AORs since the transfer from Vegreville to Mississauga. But I see that this is not the case since there are some applicants who got it. I'm confused.

cioannou

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
Congratulations to all those who received AOR. Looks like I'm next on the list...

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
Good too see people on here getting AOR. Keep up the good work CIC.

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
randhawa_a said:
After getting AOR, when i can apply for CSQ. I live in quebec, any idea plz advice me?
Thanks.
We need to wait for the letter from CIC (posted to us I believe) requesting that we apply for our CSQ (certificat de sélection du Québec) & to send off our application kit http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/undertaking-application/index.html.

We won't get our first stage approval from CIC till we have the all ok from the Québec side. It's more waiting I'm afraid. When I spoke to them they said we just have to wait for them to send the letter as it depends on how quickly they get through the backlog of applications. Annoying as it's only once we get our AIP that we can enrol in the proper Francisation courses http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/french-language/learning-quebec/index.html

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hoooorraaayyy for AOR's coming down the pipes!

Another quick question for the knowledgeable among us - I'm moving to another address within the same city. How do I let the CIC know this so they send the documents to the proper place from now on? I'll be doing the proper mail forwarding thru canadapost, but would also like CIC to have the address on file.

Thanks everybody!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Monkeyfish said:
Hoooorraaayyy for AOR's coming down the pipes!

Another quick question for the knowledgeable among us - I'm moving to another address within the same city. How do I let the CIC know this so they send the documents to the proper place from now on? I'll be doing the proper mail forwarding thru canadapost, but would also like CIC to have the address on file.

Thanks everybody!
Once you get the AOR (maybe around August), you can change it in the e-cas, until then, just with the mail forwarding.

Aaaaaand, we have good news for today too,
Working on applications received on July 10, 2013
:D
It's just a little improve, but at least something:)

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
Once you get the AOR (maybe around August), you can change it in the e-cas, until then, just with the mail forwarding.

Aaaaaand, we have good news for today too,:D
It's just a little improve, but at least something:)
They are moving after 3 month winter break. Next week we should see a bigger move. Usually posted processing time indicates a date that is about one to two weeks behind the actual date.

The petition is being used as an effective tool to bring the issue to MPs and policymakers at CIC so I hope CIC will have some changes in procedure soon.

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Thanks Sophieeee!

Great news about the advance in processing times.

Civic, I'm so happy to hear that petition is doing some good! My whole family and I signed it.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Hi Every Body
I am seeking advice to sponsor by spouse. The situation is given as under
I am PR of Canada and already in Canada and doing my studies
My Spouse is on study permit in Canada but her permit expired in Oct 2014
We got married last year in Canada and expecting baby soon.
I am looking to sponsor her for inland application.
Now my concern is how i will extend her Visa, after going through post some people suggest me to apply for open work permit but she hold study permit now and not eligible to get post graduate work permit as not earning degree from here.
But other suggest me that she will only get Open work permit when my inland sponsorship application approved and it will take 10 moths to do so. So as her visa expired before that they suggest me to go for visitor visa.
Can some one guide me in this regard So which one i will use.
So my Question is how i will extend her stay by open work permit with Sponsorship application or apply for visitor visa extension. Can i put both application together or get extension of visitor visa first and than go for sponsorship.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
put the OWP application along with the PR application. write on top of OWP something like " do not process till AIP". this will give your wife sort of an implied status and she will get a work permit as soon as her AIP is processed. you can apply for the visitor visa extension around a month before her study permit expires. you will have an AOR by then as proof of your application.

anyway she can extend her study permit by taking more courses? how come you waited so long to apply for PR if you were married last year? she could have received AIP before the expiry of her study permit.