sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
omariewk1 said:
thank you very much rrsweet. you guys on this forum are the best. why pay a lawyer thousands when I can get million dollar advice here for free? that's a no brainer to me. keep it up guys. we are all in this thing together so one hand washes the other or back home in Jamaica they say one hand cant clap it takes two.
Very Welcome :)

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Nous avons notre AOR!
We have our AOR!

Email sent to sponsor

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
atticusfinch said:
Nous avons notre AOR!
We have our AOR!

Email sent to sponsor
Congrats!:))

juju1504, Mrs.Hicks, nothing at you?

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Okay I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice...

I'm seriously considering withdrawing my application and applying outland instead. It breaks my heart to start over again, all the effort, all the pictures we sent, everything, it's three months lost!

My work permit expires in August and I don't want to stay here if I can't work. We sent our application in March, at this rate I won't be able to work until this time next year! It would kill me to not be able to see my family for two more years too, I miss everyone so much, my friends, my dog (I want to be with her, she's getting old). I'm thinking of going back home and waiting there, currently the waiting times say 15 months although people in the forum have said 11.

My husband is finishing his Phd here. He really really doesn't want me to go back home. We KNOW that if I go back, I won't be able to come back at all until PR process is complete. He can't travel either because he pretty much doesn't have any time off.

Even if I send an OWP application, implied status is no use because my contract with this current employer is finished and I seriously wouldn't want to renew it anyway, it's been hell working with them under the LMO and I feel very unfulfilled with my career. I know for a fact that I have better career opportunities back home; the only reason I'm here right now is him.

I know this is silly but I don't know what to do, other than ask people in the same situation as me. Should I just be patient? Will the processing times get better? What about starting everything all over again? Is it worth it? What do I doooooo??

Thanks. /end rant.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lellen said:

I'm seriously considering withdrawing my application and applying outland instead. It breaks my heart to start over again, all the effort, all the pictures we sent, everything, it's three months lost!

My work permit expires in August and I don't want to stay here if I can't work. We sent our application in March, at this rate I won't be able to work until this time next year! It would kill me to not be able to see my family for two more years too, I miss everyone so much, my friends, my dog (I want to be with her, she's getting old). I'm thinking of going back home and waiting there, currently the waiting times say 15 months although people in the forum have said 11.

My husband is finishing his Phd here. He really really doesn't want me to go back home. We KNOW that if I go back, I won't be able to come back at all until PR process is complete. He can't travel either because he pretty much doesn't have any time off.

Even if I send an OWP application, implied status is no use because my contract with this current employer is finished and I seriously wouldn't want to renew it anyway, it's been hell working with them under the LMO and I feel very unfulfilled with my career. I know for a fact that I have better career opportunities back home; the only reason I'm here right now is him.

I know this is silly but I don't know what to do, other than ask people in the same situation as me. Should I just be patient? Will the processing times get better? What about starting everything all over again? Is it worth it? What do I doooooo??

Thanks. /end rant.
Wow...I can't even imagine having to make this decision.

The first, and obvious question is why you applied Inland if you knew that you would not be able to work after your current contract ends?

The fact that you are staying in Canada `for him', must make him feel wonderful and terrible at the same time. Is there not even a tiny drop of reasoning why YOU want to be here, besides the joy of `working' for an employer that you can't stand? With all due respect, this sounds like a very selfish reason, so it's probably best that you do withdraw your Inland application.

Good luck.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
lellen said:

Thanks. /end rant.
It's an extremely hard decision, difficult to say anything. I know for sure, that I wouldn't be able to leave my husband, it would much more difficult for me, than anything than I'm facing right now. Even just think about that we wouldn't see each other for 15 months... But we are different, maybe it's easier for me not seeing my friends, family (my 16 years old cat), and not working, and accepting, that my European master's degree count only as a bachelor in Canada, so I will never have the same carrier as in my home country. But if you have so much difficulty right now maybe you should talk to each other with your husband and think again where you want to live. It seems like not only the work permit what's bothering you, and the other things won't be much easier by time.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Ponga said:
Wow...I can't even imagine having to make this decision.

The first, and obvious question is why you applied Inland if you knew that you would not be able to work after your current contract ends?

The fact that you are staying in Canada `for him', must make him feel wonderful and terrible at the same time. Is there not even a tiny drop of reasoning why YOU want to be here, besides the joy of `working' for an employer that you can't stand? With all due respect, this sounds like a very selfish reason, so it's probably best that you do withdraw your Inland application.

Good luck.

I didn't know that it would take ten months for me to be able to work again, and I didn't know that I wouldn't be able to go back home. When we made the decision, we saw the cheaper price, the fewer months that the website claimed, and we figured I would be able to go home during the summer and then come back before my work permit expired. For reasons I still don't understand, I wasn't able to get a visa.

I initially came to Canada on my own and I stayed here because I was enjoying it. It was during that time that I met my husband. After my PGWP expired, staying here became hell to me. The whole LMO process was not worth it. Everything had gone so smooth from my study permit to my PGWP, that I figured I could keep doing it. I would've gone back home after PGWP if I wasn't so sure that he's the one for me, and that I want to have a life with him. I've been forced to stay here for a year now, because there was a problem with the LMO and they expired my status, etc., and my mom tried to visit me during the holidays but her visa was denied (trust me, for NO good reason AT ALL). Last December I had a feeling that they were trying to isolate me and make me depressed so I would go back home and never ever set foot in this country again.

We saw inland as a way for us to stay together, because being apart seemed worse. And of course I find living here safer and more comfortable than back home, where I can't ride my bike because it will get stolen or I can't go out by myself at night for fear of being raped/mugged. (it's the silly little details... you know how living in third world countries is like for women).

ugh. I shouldn't burden you guys with this. I'll give it a hard thought and make my decision.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
sophieee said:
It's an extremely hard decision, difficult to say anything. I know for sure, that I won't be able to leave my husband, it would much more difficult for me, than anything than I'm facing right now. Even just think about that we wouldn't see each other for 15 months... But we are different, maybe it's easier for me not seeing my friends, family (my 16 years old cat), and not working, and accepting, that my European master's degree count only as a bachelor in Canada, so I will never have the same carrier as in my home country. But if you have so much difficulty right now maybe you should talk to each other with your husband and think again where you want to live. It seems like not only the work permit what's bothering you, and the other things won't be much easier by time.

No you're right, you're completely right. Some weeks are easier than others. Staying with him is worth it, I know that's why I made my decision.

Thanks.

(just the fact that you're voicing your opinions helps. thank you.)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not a burden to ask for advise, so no need to apologize.

Why did you think that the Inland application was cheaper?

If you did not research the Inland application conditions before applying, that explains your quandry...completely!

And FWIW, the fear of being raped/mugged in your home country is anything but `silly little details'.

You have a husband that loves you and are in a country that you feel safe in, but if that is trumped by seeing your friends, mother, dog and finding a better job...I wish you all the best;Truly.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lellen said:
No you're right, you're completely right. Some weeks are easier than others. Staying with him is worth it, I know that's why I made my decision.

Thanks.

(just the fact that you're voicing your opinions helps. thank you.)
just my 2 cents, the reason for applying the spousal PR is to live with your husband. not to get better job opportunities. of course people have their priorities and personalities. nothing negative. am sure you will keep your husband's opinions in mind while making such a big decision.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Ponga said:
Why did you think that the Inland application was cheaper?
Applying outland required us to pay like 500 dollars from the sponsor, while inland was only 75? Were we completely mistaken?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lellen said:
Applying outland required us to pay like 500 dollars from the sponsor, while inland was only 75? Were we completely mistaken?
i think so. the price is same either way. 550 + 490 if i can recollect correctly.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
lellen said:

Thanks. /end rant.
I hear you. I was in the same situation as you before. I regretted applying inland as doing nothing for almost a year almost drove me crazy. I didnt know much about inland till i came in this forum. I wish i knew more. But experience tells me, "there's no point in crying over spilled milk" rather i focussed on the very reason why i am here and that is for my hubby. Months after i submitted my app, i told him, i want to go back home and do the outland. He didnt say a thing went to our room and cried. I realized i couldnt bear seeing him so hurt. I knew i will be missing my family so much, my friends, my work. Easier said but in reality, it is harder. I left a very high paying job and also have my masterals degree. I am humbled but all these make our marriage stronger. I had questions, what could have happened if i went back home? How would our lives be as a couple. And so may more... I wouldnt know and i didnt want to risk uncertain answers as well.
So there you go. Its all up to you. I hear you so much. These are the things i do. I pray a lot, i go to the gym, i cook and bake( yes, i never cooked nor baked). I do some gardening. Etc etc. it helps that my family and in laws are very supportive as well. Good luck girl.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
chakrab said:
just my 2 cents, the reason for applying the spousal PR is to live with your husband. not to get better job opportunities. of course people have their priorities and personalities. nothing negative. am sure you will keep your husband's opinions in mind while making such a big decision.
I believe the reason for many people (maybe not yours) for applying spousal PR is to be able to build a life together with the person you married in the same country. Building a life includes building a career, for people who are interested in contributing to the household. It wouldn't be fair that people are forced to choose between one or the other, would it? I believe in the free world anyone should be given the same opportunities.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lellen said:

Thanks. /end rant.

"My work permit expires in August"

If you sent your IN-Land PR application with a OWP Application in March you can still continue to work for the employer your working for After August... (So get a new job quickly!!!!!)

I have a feeling you didn't send both together in the same (To get Implied Status) Application because if you did you have until August to find a new Job and then just continue working for that very SAME employer until after your current work permit expires and just tell them your currently on Implied status

I'm currently still working under Implied Status even though my Work permit ended back in January.