+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
You will most definitely need the PCC again...and quite possibly the medical too.

It's not CIC's fault that you waited 7 months to send your application.
That's a very confusing statement as Anyone right of now who sends there police check off with the application is going to fall into this category as the first stage before they even OPEN and look at your application in 10 months.. So it just seems pointless then to even bother sending it with your application until they request it. stupid process.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
That's a very confusing statement as Anyone right of now who sends there police check off with the application is going to fall into this category as the first stage before they even OPEN and look at your application in 10 months.. So it just seems pointless then to even bother sending it with your application until they request it. stupid process.
It's not confusing at all.

CIC must receive your PCC within 90 days
. EVEN if it takes them 9 months to actually open your application, they RECEIVED it 9 months prior, right?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
omariewk1 said:
My permanent resident application was received in Mississauga today. how long after would I have to wait before I get an AOR?
Actually is rather a 100 days right now, if you receive it. Check out our timeline, I already added you, hope you don't mind:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArK2RVjQ5v59dFlqaGRPN3JxaGY4Nk9ucTZxV1Z0NEE&usp=sharing#gid=0

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
thanks much ponga, was just wondering how long it will take to receive a letter of acknowledgement. so I guess its time to start the long process of waiting for permanent residence to be granted.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Anyone had experience having police fingerprint forms "notarized by Notary Public" and then "authenticated by DFAIT (Department of Foreign Affairs & International Trade)"? It would then be "legalized by embassy" before it can be sent to the police department of the country for PCC.

Thanks.

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
SO much good news today over in the 2013 forum! Keep your heads up, everyone! Our time will come :)

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Guys , I do need your help .
I might ,might not, forgotten to sign one of the forums. What are my options? Should I print and sign it and mail it ?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
correct me if i am wrong (and i would love to be proved wrong :p). CPC-M has only processed applications that were transferred from Vegreville. nothing that was originally sent to Mississauga yet?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
correct me if i am wrong (and i would love to be proved wrong :p). CPC-M has only processed applications that were transferred from Vegreville. nothing that was originally sent to Mississauga yet?
That's correct...because until Jan 17, 2014 ALL Inland applications were sent to Vegreville. It's only fair that they work on all the applications that were sent to Vegreville first, right?!?!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chakrab said:
I'm not sure if bradychen's application was sent originally to Mississauga or Vegreville.
But Ponga is right, they follow the timeline, that's it.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
sophieee said:
I'm not sure if bradychen's application was sent originally to Mississauga or Vegreville.
But Ponga is right, they follow the timeline, that's it.
I think I remember him saying that it was Vegreville (December 2013), he was missing some docs and by the time he submitted them everything had been transferred to Mississauga.

nitaki

Oct 9, 2013
Line.a said:
Welcome on here! Good luck, and hopefully it all works smoothly. It's up to you whether you want to apply for it now or wait until you get AIP. You can always apply for it later into the process. Most people do include it with the initial application to give them a piece of mind and if you were to run out of status soon, and you included the OWP along with the pr app, that would give you implied status.
Hi all,

We are in the process of getting all documents together for the inland common-law partner application.
I arrived in Canada on June 15th 2013 with a visitor visa and after 6 months I applied for and received extended status until end of July 2014. We should be able to send in our common-law application by the end of June 2014.

My question is this: Do I need to apply for another extension of my visitor status once our common-law application has been sent? I've read contradicting info on this point. You mention above that if one applies for the OWP that you have implied status? But can I do that at the same time as filing my common-law visa application for phase 1 (sponsor approval)?
If I need to apply for an extension, that's fine. But if I can avoid the extra dmin and cost (of which there is plenty enough with the main common-law procedure) that would help a lot!

Thanks!
Anita

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nitaki said:
Hi all,

We are in the process of getting all documents together for the inland common-law partner application.
I arrived in Canada on June 15th 2013 with a visitor visa and after 6 months I applied for and received extended status until end of July 2014. We should be able to send in our common-law application by the end of June 2014.

My question is this: Do I need to apply for another extension of my visitor status once our common-law application has been sent? I've read contradicting info on this point. You mention above that if one applies for the OWP that you have implied status? But can I do that at the same time as filing my common-law visa application for phase 1 (sponsor approval)?
If I need to apply for an extension, that's fine. But if I can avoid the extra dmin and cost (of which there is plenty enough with the main common-law procedure) that would help a lot!

Thanks!
Anita
Hi Anita,

An Inland application alone does NOT extend your status. You must either apply to extend your visitor status, or submit an OWP application WITH your Inland application. This must be sent prior to your current status expiring.

If you send the OWP, be sure to write (in bold letters) something like: OWP SUBMITTED WITH IN-CANADA SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION. PROCESS AFTER AIP

Good luck!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Hi Anita,

An Inland application alone does NOT extend your status. You must either apply to extend your visitor status, or submit an OWP application WITH your Inland application. This must be sent prior to your current status expiring.

If you send the OWP, be sure to write (in bold letters) something like: OWP SUBMITTED WITH IN-CANADA SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION. PROCESS AFTER AIP

Good luck!
i believe applying with OWP still wont give her implied status as she doesn't have a current work permit. right?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
i believe applying with OWP still wont give her implied status as she doesn't have a current work permit. right?
I haven't heard that one. AFAIK, as long as an OWP is sent with the Inland application, this basically `extends' whatever their legal status was until AIP (worker, visitor, student, etc.).

But...I was wrong once before.

Ok...maybe twice before.