INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlaganda23 said:
Hi Chakrab,

You are wrong. I heard many stories here in the forum that were out of status for many years and had their Permanent Residency approved within a year.

Unless there are no other admissibility issues like criminal record and has an eligible Sponsor...
hi carla, i was just repeating what's written on the CIC site. now we both know they don't really follow their own methods properly.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
chakrab said:
hi carla, i was just repeating what's written on the CIC site. now we both know they don't really follow their own methods properly.
Yes you are right...CIC call centre agents had different answers when you call them.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
chakrab said:
well i guess one learn new things every day :)

and wow, someone gave me a negative point for this conversation. that's amazing that one can't express their opinion and accept the mistake.
haha I'm surprised I don't have a negative myself, I've been fighting everyone on this petition business.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Carlaganda23 said:
Yes you are right...CIC call centre agents had different answers when you call them.
which is why I didn't know anything until I joined this forum.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lellen said:
haha I'm surprised I don't have a negative myself, I've been fighting everyone on this petition business.
here's where i gathered my info. clearly states one has to have at least legal status in canada to apply inland. (one can go out of status after)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#5289E3

Immigration document confirming your status in Canada

Examples:

visitor visa,
study permit,
work permit,
temporary resident permit (TRP),
document proving that you have legal status in Canada.
Format: Photocopies

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But, did you not notice this (on the first page):
Maintaining legal status

Spouses and common‑law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor. All other eligibility requirements continue to apply.

There's also this:

(from publication ip08):
5.27. Legal temporary resident status in Canada

Under the current Regulations, applicants in this spouse or common-law partner in Canada class
must have a valid temporary resident status on the date of application and on the date they
receive permanent resident status to be eligible to be members of the class.
However, under the spousal policy, applicants who lack status as defined under the public policy
(see “What is lack of status under the public policy” below) may be granted permanent residence
so long as they meet all the other requirements of the class (i.e., they are not inadmissible for
reasons other than “lack of status.”)

However, applicants who do not have temporary resident status and who cannot be granted
positive consideration under the public policy can be removed at any time. Further, the spousal
policy does not change the requirement to seek necessary authorization to visit Canada or to
work or study here.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
chakrab said:
here's where i gathered my info. clearly states one has to have at least legal status in canada to apply inland. (one can go out of status after)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#5289E3

Immigration document confirming your status in Canada

Examples:

visitor visa,
study permit,
work permit,
temporary resident permit (TRP),
document proving that you have legal status in Canada.
Format: Photocopies
I know, I know. SO CONFUSING. tell me about it.
However, if you go to the top there, on that same exact guide, it says that you don't need that anymore.

Also, when I applied, it just said that they would send you a letter to let you know when you would be allowed to apply for work or study permit. Now they have a new paragraph below that, saying that you may apply for a new work or study permit before receiving the letter to maintain your status.

Was anybody else wondering about the change of regulations because of the office transfer? Should that clear any doubts?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lellen said:
I know, I know. SO CONFUSING. tell me about it.
However, if you go to the top there, on that same exact guide, it says that you don't need that anymore.

Also, when I applied, it just said that they would send you a letter to let you know when you would be allowed to apply for work or study permit. Now they have a new paragraph below that, saying that you may apply for a new work or study permit before receiving the letter to maintain your status.

Was anybody else wondering about the change of regulations because of the office transfer? Should that clear any doubts?
That's not a new paragraph. If it was, they would have updated the date at the bottom of the page...which still shows 2014-02-06

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Ponga said:
That's not a new paragraph. If it was, they would have updated the date at the bottom of the page...which still shows 2014-02-06
I thought I was going crazy by having missed that. The printed guide that I have (on pdf) was downloaded by my husband some time by the end of last year. It's not there. It only says they'll send us a letter at the end, nothing else! I checked many times when I heard about people submitting OWP applications and was incredibly frustrated that CIC didn't tell me I could do that. I was just an idiot, wasn't well informed.

Edit: Now I can't even find it. I think I'm going crazy. Too much immigration for me for today, or for ten years really.

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
App received today in Mississauga!

Add me to the list, Sophie!

cpc-m
sent may 8, received may 12 (2014)

I live in Calgary and I'm originally from the united states

I'm still waiting on my police check (just from the us) due to issues with my finger prints and I'm waiting to send my medical. I'll do it once I get AOR because an extra few months will help make sure it won't expire.

all fees paid up front

yay!!!!! I've joined the party! :eek:

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Application mailed out today to Mississauga. Now we are getting our fingers crossed...

All fees upfront
Police certificates NOT included. We are in the process getting it, but might take a while.
Medical check NOT done.
OWP application enclosed (in separate envelope) and fee paid

Just signed up here. Where do I update the status in the profile?

Cheers!

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
oh and I did not send my OWP. We're debating just waiting until AIP. Maybe I'll send it when I send my medical, We're not too concerned about it.

AND I think it's funny that my application was received today and today just happens to be my 3rd anniversary of living in Canada! :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
msbozick, xandt, thank you for the info, I've updated the spreadsheet!

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
sophieee said:
msbozick, xandt, thank you for the info, I've updated the spreadsheet!
you're the best, sophieee!!

qbncouple

Mar 2, 2014
Hello everyone, I know that you have been discussing about implied status but it is still not clear to me. My wife is from a visa exempt country (so she can be here up to 6 months) however when she was here for 5 months we applied for a visitor visa extention and was granted. We then applied for inland sponsorship CIC missisagua received it on Feb 4 2014 and we have not received AOR yet. Her visa extension will expire on June 19th. Do I have to apply for another extension before May 19 since I have not received AOR and I need to apply 30 days before her visa expires?

thanks for the comments.