+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would be very surprised if an out of status applicant could get a work permit of any kind prior to AIP.

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
and its going to be around 8-9 months before my application reaches AIP stage?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
omariewk1 said:
and its going to be around 8-9 months before my application reaches AIP stage?
Yes, about that, except of course that you have a non-standard case history, so it could be longer.
Given that you stated in a previous post that you have "been out of status since december 2012", in your position I would just keep my head down and try not to get noticed. Your PR application may not give you the protection against being deported that you might assume.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
Erzabeth said:
Spouse, common-law partner in Canada

Working on applications received on July 8, 2013

Today CIC :(
It's been like that for months, I read elsewhere in the forum that one of the CIC call center agents told someone that since they moved everything over from Alberta to Mississauga the times shown on the website are no longer indicative of what dates they are processing.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am so sick and tired of waiting now and I know I should of applied Outland as it would have been 100x quicker.

I submitted my application back in January, it was returned to me in March as one of the papers was out of date, I resubmitted it in March and I'm currently here on Implied Status.

There is nothing more annoying than having to stay here and wait as I want to leave Canada to visit family and friends but I cant do anything until I have received some kind of Work permit or Letter from the CIC which is going to take months!!!!!

SORT IT OUT CIC, this is a joke....

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hello everyone! There is a story on the CBC news website today about problems with immigration processing times. I haven't seen it on the TV news broadcast yet, but it includes the petition I believe civic linked to a few posts back. I signed the petition as this story describes my situation to a 'T,' except that I am an American being sponsored by a Canadian spouse.

I tried to post the link to the article, but it seems I don't have that capability. The title of the article is "Red Tape Leaves Expectant B.C. Mom with No Medicare, $20k in Bills."

It looks like the more of a stink people make, the more public these issues become, the government may be prompted to take some action.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please EVERYONE sign this Petition, its for the CIC to speed up the processing. Its going to be on the news.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
Please EVERYONE sign this Petition, its for the CIC to speed up the processing. Its going to be on the news.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor
What goes around comes around! I hope CIC officers realize their mistakes and stand up to fix them. People are shouting on the petition page and everywhere. They should put their foot on our shoes. One day if they move to another country to be with their family and be in the exact situations. Then they know why we are so 'annoying'.
This is to help their Canadian fellows, not only foreigners, why CIC must be so selfish like that? The majority of sponsors are Canadians. They deny basic rights for working and having health care to spouses of Canadians and give that right to foreign spouses and accompanying children of temporary residents.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
civic said:
8< The majority of sponsors are Canadians. >8
That's an interesting statistic. On what do you base this statement? Citation please...

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
That's an interesting statistic. On what do you base this statement? Citation please...
The majority of sponsors are permanent residents then? It's either one of two. There are more citizens here than permanent residents.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
civic said:
The majority of sponsors are permanent residents then? It's either one of two. There are more citizens here than permanent residents.
That doesn't answer my question. I don't know the answer, which is why I asked. Personally, I would have thought that many more PRs would be calling their families to Canada, rather than Canadian citizens marrying outside the country. Again, what is your evidence for your statement?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i don't know if giving the applicants work permit just after AOR is a good idea. without verifying if the relationship is real and providing work permit can lead to many frauds. applicants already have implied which is good enough. what they should be doing is processing the cases faster and rather than returning documents, they ask for needed documents.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Erzabeth said:
Spouse, common-law partner in Canada

Working on applications received on July 8, 2013

Today CIC :(
that's the cutoff date for applications processing in vegreville. any applications after that was transferred to mississauga.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
chakrab said:
i don't know if giving the applicants work permit just after AOR is a good idea. without verifying if the relationship is real and providing work permit can lead to many frauds. applicants already have implied which is good enough. what they should be doing is processing the cases faster and rather than returning documents, they ask for needed documents.
Are you on implied status just by submitting a PR application? I thought you weren't... if that's true, I have no more worries in my life.