20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
chakrab said:
i don't understand why the applicant will be arrested for flight risk if this was a simple spousal inland application. flight risks are mostly applicable for refugee claimant or people who have been given departure orders and have overstayed their visa.
Flight risks can also be applied domestically and it doesn't have to mean by plane, even though the work "flight risk" implied by plane. You can be considered a flight risk if fly / drive to another province and hide again.

I know of one guy who on purposely moved between provinces to avoid child support payments. Once he moved to another province, his case has to get sent to the new province, once the province gets the case, it gets put in queue with all the rest of the case requests. Once his case get pulled, he simply moved back to the province or to another. Once the province realized he has already left, the case gets sent to the province he currently resides and the whole thing get recycled.

He eventually got caught only because he stayed in the province too long. They garish his wages to pay for his share. I know this is not related to CIC immigration but it shows the issues that can happen between provinces.

Screech339

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Tiffyali said:
Hi Sophieee,

I was wondering did you get the approval of the extension from CIC yet? I got mine today from CIC (myCIC account) and they are asking me to do the medical exam...meanwhile, I fond there is a letter called "in canada approval leter" which is an IMM5754 form states my visa extension app has been approved and a secure document has been mailed to me...however, the vaildity is showing 2014/07/04 on this letter..... :eek:

I have been requiring a one year extension for it since i'm waiting the process of my inland app for PR...i don't know if this is a "temporary" one because I need to sumbit my medical exam report?

does anyone know about this? i hope it doesn't mean i only got 3 months extension...it means almost nothing for me arrrrrrr.... :'(
I got my visa extension, I was given 6 months.
They received it on February 20th, sent it back on April 7th. No mention in the letter about the sponsorship application.

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Re: ha

screech339 said:
I am glad that your age different didn't cause any issues with your case. But no offense, CIC is going to consider age difference a red flag regardless of how you think that it is not a red flag. As long as you provide as much proof of genuine relationship, so much the better. In your case, you have been married 5.5 years. That was the tipping part that acted in your favour of a good sign of showing your relationship as genuine.

CIC can't turn a blind eye to those that have a huge age difference just because you had no issues with yours. If your marriage had been less than 2 years, CIC would have had a closer look at your file and may ask for an interview to verify your relationship
Screech339
We haven't been married for 5.5 years. We have only been married for 1. 4 months! We haven together for 5.5 years..!
That is the point it didn't matter if they had called to verify, because when you have something genuine there is nothing to hide. And in my opinion the more info you send the leas chances to call you for interview.! Sadly not always but from what I have heard and read and my own experience it is has a lot to do.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Jamesdavid3 said:
This is in no way true. Once you and your other half have PR status you can do as you wish, yes you have to remain a couple but sometimes you may have to live apart.
Note that the record indicates the "Applicant" which would only make sense if this was an investigation during a PR application.

indiana_rica

Apr 15, 2014
Hi everyone, new to this forum, We are about to send our Inland PR application, It was a lot of work, more than we expected. My husband is sponsoring me, I have been in Canada for the past two years on a visitor's visa. I have a question, we were told that we should apply for an open work permit as well. Which form do I use? Do I use the IMM 5701 APPLICATION TO CHANGE CONDITIONS , EXTEND MY STAY OR REMAIN IN CANADA AS A WORKER or IMM 1249 APPLICATION TO CHANGE CONDITIONS , EXTEND MY STAY OR REMAIN IN CANADA.
I am on a visitor visa which will expire on may 28, 2014, we are submitting our applications this week.\

Another question, we are applying from inside Canada, and we read that we can not appeal, if we are refused, What will be our options If this happens as we do not want to separate physically under any circumstance.

Thank you and I will keep you guys in our prayers as we know this journey can be nerve wracking.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Re: ha

Happywife08 said:
We haven't been married for 5.5 years. We have only been married for 1. 4 months! We haven together for 5.5 years..!
That is the point it didn't matter if they had called to verify, because when you have something genuine there is nothing to hide. And in my opinion the more info you send the leas chances to call you for interview.! Sadly not always but from what I have heard and read and my own experience it is has a lot to do.
Sorry if I misread your 5.5 years together to mean that time together as married couple when you were married almost 1.5 years as part of the 5.5 years. As long as you provide as much proof of your relationship you have nothing to worry about as you said. However huge age difference is usually a red flag, if not, it will certainly catch their eye.

CIC cannot turn a blind eye on this with marriage fraud being conducted however small the numbers are. Unfortunately huge age difference is one of the signs of marriage fraud.

Screech339

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After the 2nd stage and when they ask you and your common-law/wife to come with you to "Land" and to get PR status

What questions will they ask you?

We provided more than enough evidence in our application, I'm from the UK, lived together for 2 years in Canada even before submitting the application. There's no red Flags or anything.

But I am not sure what to expect...As some people are in and out within 10 minutes and others get asked a lot of questions.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
After the 2nd stage and when they ask you and your common-law/wife to come with you to "Land" and to get PR status

What questions will they ask you?

We provided more than enough evidence in our application, I'm from the UK, lived together for 2 years in Canada even before submitting the application. There's no red Flags or anything.

But I am not sure what to expect...As some people are in and out within 10 minutes and others get asked a lot of questions.
Usually it is just that. In and out in 10-30mins tops. The questions usually asked to the majority of the 2012 applicants that landed were as followed:

1. Do you have any children other than listed (or not listed) in COPR?

2. Have you been convicted since you came to Canada?

3. Have you been denied entry to any country?

They are basically asking the same questions listed in the declarations.

bgctor

Sep 25, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2014
AOR Received.
May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
June 2, 2014
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
February 2015
Hello everyone

I am new here and I would appreciate if I can be added to the spreadsheet.

Visa Office - MISSISSAUGA (of course)
Country of Origin - CHINA
City of Residence - TORONTO
Application Submitted - April 4
Application Received - April 7

Thank you!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
bgctor said:
Hello everyone

I am new here and I would appreciate if I can be added to the spreadsheet.

Visa Office - MISSISSAUGA (of course)
Country of Origin - CHINA
City of Residence - TORONTO
Application Submitted - April 4
Application Received - April 7

Thank you!
It's done. Welcome here!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you guys think we should send email complaints to CPC-M in regards to their procedure not sending out AOR to inform applicants that the files have been accepted/rejected for processing after initial screening?
To wait for nearly 10 months for them to open the envelop and check for completeness makes no sense. Then if your package is returned we will wait another 10 months? If one person sends complaint, they don't care. But if many people raise our concern there might be some changes, they probably adopt the way that was done at CPC-V. As far as I know, people who mailed applications to Mississauga in February still havent got AOR.

alexander_Schwartz

Apr 17, 2014
Hello,

I am new to this forum. However, I wanted to write in response to the last post about sending in e-mail complaints to CPC-M. I sent in my application to CPC-V on January 14, 2014 and it was confirmed as received at CPC-V by Canada Post with a signature on January 16, 2014. I am quite frustrated as well as I have not heard anything from CIC and do not have an AOR. According to their service standard you are supposed to be in receipt of an AOR within two months and it has certainly been past that for me. I would like an AOR so that I know my application is truly complete as well as so I can proceed with my application for a CSQ with the MICC as I live in Quebec. If anyone who applied in January 2014 has receipt of an AOR please let us know!

Thank you!

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
alexander_Schwartz said:
Hello,

I am new to this forum. However, I wanted to write in response to the last post about sending in e-mail complaints to CPC-M. I sent in my application to CPC-V on January 14, 2014 and it was confirmed as received at CPC-V by Canada Post with a signature on January 16, 2014. I am quite frustrated as well as I have not heard anything from CIC and do not have an AOR. According to their service standard you are supposed to be in receipt of an AOR within two months and it has certainly been past that for me. I would like an AOR so that I know my application is truly complete as well as so I can proceed with my application for a CSQ with the MICC as I live in Quebec. If anyone who applied in January 2014 has receipt of an AOR please let us know!

Thank you!
nobody get aor yet. Im also waiting for aor for my csq but they r not processing, dont worry ur not alone everyone in this forum have same complaint.

Feb 20, 2014
alexander_Schwartz said:
Hello,

Thank you!
Hey there,

I seem to be in the exact same situation as you: I live in Quebec also, sent application to Vegreville on 14th Jan 2014, received by them 17th Jan (1 day after you). I haven't received AOR anything else yet. Keep me posted by DM if you hear anything, i'll do the same.

Are you based in Montreal?

cheers
Tim