+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Dont you think its better to leave it blank? the question asked from when to when? so if i ,say, put today date ? does that make sense? what about the future?
CIC like to manipulate our minds :p
Can anyone from whom who were approved recently to advise :)
Thanks

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Smsm81 said:
Dont you think its better to leave it blank? the question asked from when to when? so if i ,say, put today date ? does that make sense? what about the future?
Thanks
It's very necessary to put the present date especially if you are applying as a Common-Law since that is the locked in date for your application. Remember they are very strict about 365 days cohabitation for Common-Law application.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Smsm81 said:
I am 120 days over the required 365 days plus our beloved son :)
Did you get you AOR yet?
No I haven't received any AOR yet...I'm not expecting to hear from CPC-M in 6 months or so from now...

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Smsm81 said:
Thanks
I put the date I sent my application. I think it's better than leaving it blank. But I didn't receive AOR neither.

crmalone44

Feb 26, 2014
Hi Everyone,

First, thanks to CIC for the update on processing times to confirm that zero is happening on the processing of inland applications. This is mind numbing. My apologies, but there seems to be no other place to vent. And while I am all for collective action, I really wonder if it would do anything.

Second and more importantly at least to me, I am seriously considering quitting my current job for which I have a valid work permit until July because 1) my employer is awful and 2) a competitor is recruiting me and 3) the grass seems greener. The new employer is willing to do an LMO application so that I can get a new work permit. My concern is whether or not I would lose my implied status if I wasn't working for the existing employer. Getting the LMO will take a bit of time so there will be a period when I am not working for existing employer but my status would be implied as I wait for the new LMO and subsequent work permit. I realize I couldn't begin working for the new employer until the new work permit is in place. And finally, once I get the new LMO, would I be too overconfident to drive to the Niagara PEACE Bridge Border, pull a U-Turn, and head back into to Canada and get my new work permit as opposed to waiting for it to come in the mail. This is how I got my previous work permit and twice the border agent, once they saw the positive LMO, kind of just threw open the gates, processed the permit, and sent me on my way. (I do already have an app for an open work permit submitted with my PR app, but I am willing to spend the 155 again, if it means I can travel home while my PR is processed) I would be shocked if I wasn't let back into with a positive labour market opinion, job offer, and my PR application in process. Or should I just wait all this out? Should I just tough it out at my existing job? I feel like I have a good opportunity in my lap but don't want to not take it because I am afraid of bunging up the works of the immigration process. Does anyone with experience have any thoughts on this issue? Feel free to tell me I am wrong or misguided. I won't be offended. Thank you as always for the responses and the support this forum provides.

iffi1185

Apr 22, 2014
Hi, I sent in my application for my wife to CPC-M on Feb 28, 2014 and received on March 3rd 2014. I'm yet to receive a confirmation from CIC. How long does that take? My wife is an American green card holder as well. Does that make any difference?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iffi1185 said:
Hi, I sent in my application for my wife to CPC-M on Feb 28, 2014 and received on March 3rd 2014. I'm yet to receive a confirmation from CIC. How long does that take? My wife is an American green card holder as well. Does that make any difference?
no one has received any confirmation from CPC-M yet and some have been waiting for over 3 months.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
chakrab said:
no one has received any confirmation from CPC-M yet and some have been waiting for over 3 months.
I think everyone should keep calling and asking about CPC-M over and over until they are sick of hearing how slow it is. Otherwise they don't care. I've called several times but it's always the same speech about how they are working on it, but there's been a delay transferring files, etc etc.

cioannou

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
automaton82 said:
I think everyone should keep calling and asking about CPC-M over and over until they are sick of hearing how slow it is. Otherwise they don't care. I've called several times but it's always the same speech about how they are working on it, but there's been a delay transferring files, etc etc.

Well unfortunately they're not working on anything. I've been told numerous things. Our applications are sitting in boxes at CPC-M, that they won't be issuing AORs anymore and that you should just be happy that you got a signature upon delivery so you know your application has been received. My favourite has to be the last CIC agent I spoke to. He told me the usual 'there have been delays, we're working on it and hope to have things moving in 2 weeks'. I told him that every time I call they tell me the same thing, and will it actually be 2 weeks. At this point he openly admitted to me that he was lying and that they actually had no idea what was going on and that if I called again in 2 weeks and they still didn't have any info they would just tell me the same thing. Got to love government agencies...

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
I agree that they haven't started working on the new applications in CPC-M, but we can't be sure, that they won't send AORs once they start. I think that as soon as they start working, they need to inform the rest of us, whose file was transferred, but haven't been notified about it. Maybe we will have a snail mail about the transfer and AOR as well in a couple weeks (or God knows when).

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
We were told to keep an eye out for the date change on the CIC website (Currently it's "Working on applications received on July 8, 2013") as once they finish this 'batch' for July 8th, he said it means they'll have finished working on all the remaining apps in Vegreville & will be starting the applications in Mississauga.

As for AORs or when this happens? That's another story!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atticusfinch said:
We were told to keep an eye out for the date change on the CIC website (Currently it's "Working on applications received on July 8, 2013") as once they finish this 'batch' for July 8th, he said it means they'll have finished working on all the remaining apps in Vegreville & will be starting the applications in Mississauga.

As for AORs or when this happens? That's another story!
i had the same feeling. they can't process simultaneously between V and M as that will generate different processing dates. everything has to be done in a chronological order i suppose.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's stupid that this is taking so long, they cant keep us waiting like this and its so annoying that all of our applications are just sitting inside some box on top of lots of other boxes with applications in

Worst process ever.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
automaton82 said:
I'm calling really frequently, but always get the same answers..

So annoying..