Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
fumbler1983 said:
I have heard that the FBI clearances are only valid for 3 months. How does this work if the processing time for just my spouse to get approved to sponsor me is showing 8 months? I already had it done to be sure I sent away a totally complete application package. Does anyone have experience with this? Will I have to get another one or does that time frame stop when my application is sent?

I also was wondering if anyone had any recent real time frames for inland applications.
Time frame?! Since the processing location changed from CPC-V to CPC-M in January very little has happened (as far as we know!) & there have been no AORs sent for a few months. For the full processing time it's about 8+8months at the moment, but it does change so keep an eye on our 2014 apps spreadsheet (see the link in my signature)for the most recent activity updates from those on the forum.

As for police checks, I played safe & sent a full application with all police certs & my health check. It's possible they will ask for them again as they'll have gone 'out of date' but hopefully not. Worse case, I'll have to pay for newer ones when requested, but it's not like my record will change as I will have never left the country!

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
randhawa_a said:
i sent my application direct to missisuaga.. still im waiting.. no confirmation no aor no any news.. i think cic employees they started smoking weed, they are lazy :(
how do you know smoking weed makes people lazy ? LOL

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
fumbler1983 said:
Hi everyone. I have been reading these forums for almost a year now and I am happy to say that I am finally almost ready to apply. I had a few questions though. I apologize if these have already been answered. I am currently staying with my spouse in Ontario on a Visitor Visa. I am from the US and we were going to apply inland so I can hopefully be allowed to work. I have heard that the FBI clearances are only valid for 3 months. How does this work if the processing time for just my spouse to get approved to sponsor me is showing 8 months? I already had it done to be sure I sent away a totally complete application package. Does anyone have experience with this? Will I have to get another one or does that time frame stop when my application is sent?

I also was wondering if anyone had any recent real time frames for inland applications.

AFAIK the PCC need to be valid at the time they receive your application. But it could be different with the FBI. As for the time frame... CIC states continuously that the processing time will be shorter, meanwhile not make any progress for months due to the transfer. We will see...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fumbler1983 said:
Hi everyone. I have been reading these forums for almost a year now and I am happy to say that I am finally almost ready to apply. I had a few questions though. I apologize if these have already been answered. I am currently staying with my spouse in Ontario on a Visitor Visa. I am from the US and we were going to apply inland so I can hopefully be allowed to work. I have heard that the FBI clearances are only valid for 3 months. How does this work if the processing time for just my spouse to get approved to sponsor me is showing 8 months? I already had it done to be sure I sent away a totally complete application package. Does anyone have experience with this? Will I have to get another one or does that time frame stop when my application is sent?

As long as CIC receives the FBI PCC within the 90 days, you should be fine. It's those that submit a PCC that's already 90 days old that seem to have the problem of re-submitting a new one.

If you include an OWP (Open Work Permit) with the Inland application, you will be allowed to work AFTER stage 1 approval (AIP, or Approval In Principle) which is currently taking ~ 8-9 months...but that's just a guess.

If you submit the OWP, this *should* give you implied status, so you would not need to extend your visitor record. Contact CIC to confirm this, as there have been many discussion here regarding the OWP and implied status issue that may have changed in January of this year. FWIW, nothing has been officially posted to the CIC website to address this possible change...just a lot of chatter here about it.

Good luck!

fumbler1983

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
AOR Received.
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
08-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
28-09-2014
Thank you so much everyone! I feel so much better about this whole process after seeing these forums and knowing we are not alone in all of this. I will most definitely keep updating with my progress. Good luck everyone!

qbncouple

Mar 2, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I know that we are all here waiting patiently and I would not like to take the focus away from that, but I have a non CIC question that maybe some of you might be able to answer since we are all inland applicants.

I have contacted several places for ESL classes for my wife, i.e. YMCA and TDSB, they all tell me that if she is here on a visitors visa and has no PR we have to pay for the ESL classes. Does anyone know a place where I can get free ESL clases in Toronto that do not require a PR card for registration? It would be ideal if it is on the Subway line, since we moved to the city and she does not drive anymore.

thanks in advance.... ;D

I hope we all get our AORs soon and that the new CPC in Mississsagua stars working on our apps.

Romeo

May 14, 2013
Hi

I am doing an inland application for my wife in Canada. I have a question about form IMM5490E.pdf. At the top of the form it says "To be completed by persons living outside Canada and being sponsored as spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners". Does this mean I can disregard filling out this form since my wife is already in Canada on a visitor visa?

I ask this question because in this form they ask a lot of details of the relationship including how we met, got married, etc, etc. If they don't get this information from this form, then where will they get it from since I didn't see any other form that asks for this info.

Thanks.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
Looks like you're looking at wrong page..
There is no 5490 for inland sopnsorship..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

This is the page you can find all the forms you need to submit.

Romeo said:
Hi

I am doing an inland application for my wife in Canada. I have a question about form IMM5490E.pdf. At the top of the form it says "To be completed by persons living outside Canada and being sponsored as spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners". Does this mean I can disregard filling out this form since my wife is already in Canada on a visitor visa?

I ask this question because in this form they ask a lot of details of the relationship including how we met, got married, etc, etc. If they don't get this information from this form, then where will they get it from since I didn't see any other form that asks for this info.

Thanks.

Romeo

May 14, 2013
Thanks you are right, my bad.

hwanlj said:
Looks like you're looking at wrong page..
There is no 5490 for inland sopnsorship..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

This is the page you can find all the forms you need to submit.

qbncouple

Mar 2, 2014
Hello everyone!

I think we have no news from CIC mississagua or any updates from anyone receiving AORs. I hope we get something soon!! Have a good day everyone.

Margiela

Apr 3, 2014
Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum. How can i add my application to a spreadsheet?

Application sent: Jan 29
Application Received: Feb 3

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Margiela said:
Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum. How can i add my application to a spreadsheet?

Application sent: Jan 29
Application Received: Feb 3
I added you, welcome here!

cioannou

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
Hi All,

After speaking with CIC today, I have some information that I thought I would share with the group. Not sure whether any of you have heard this before but from what I’ve read in the forum, it seems to be new information.

Firstly, CPC-M will be issuing AORs, however, as we have all noticed, there have been significant delays. The reason for this is that when CPC-V received applications, a mail clerk would open the packages, check that the application was complete and if so, would forward on to a case officer who would enter the info into the system at which point an AOR was issued. If incomplete, a note would be made in the system of what was missing and the application would be returned to the applicant. The difference now is that CPC-M has not adopted the same process. Once they receive an application, it sits around until a case officer opens it, checks that it is complete and then enters it into the system and issues an AOR. They did not indicate the current time length from when the application is received at their office to when a case officer views it because they didn’t seem to know. It almost seems like they haven’t even begun to look at any of the inland applications which probably explains the complete standstill in AORs that has occurred.

Due to the influx of calls they have received from individuals wondering what is happening with their application, and the fear that it will soon flood their phone lines, they are pushing to move to the CPC-V process and expect to do so in the coming weeks. Who knows how long that will actually take but they said that currently, applications are sitting in boxes awaiting assignment to a case officer but we should expect to see movement shortly (probably when they make the move to the CPC-V process). Finally, they said that they do not expect these delays to affect the current 8 month processing time for the first stage.

I was also told to call weekly so I will keep you informed with any further information I receive. However, it seems advisable to call CIC asking about the status of your application as it seems to be what’s driving them to change their current process. Hope this info has helped.

Feb 20, 2014
cioannou said:
Hi All,

After speaking with CIC today, I have some information that I thought I would share with the group. Not sure whether any of you have heard this before but from what I've read in the forum, it seems to be new information.

Firstly, CPC-M will be issuing AORs, however, as we have all noticed, there have been significant delays. The reason for this is that when CPC-V received applications, a mail clerk would open the packages, check that the application was complete and if so, would forward on to a case officer who would enter the info into the system at which point an AOR was issued. If incomplete, a note would be made in the system of what was missing and the application would be returned to the applicant. The difference now is that CPC-M has not adopted the same process. Once they receive an application, it sits around until a case officer opens it, checks that it is complete and then enters it into the system and issues an AOR. They did not indicate the current time length from when the application is received at their office to when a case officer views it because they didn't seem to know. It almost seems like they haven't even begun to look at any of the inland applications which probably explains the complete standstill in AORs that has occurred.

Due to the influx of calls they have received from individuals wondering what is happening with their application, and the fear that it will soon flood their phone lines, they are pushing to move to the CPC-V process and expect to do so in the coming weeks. Who knows how long that will actually take but they said that currently, applications are sitting in boxes awaiting assignment to a case officer but we should expect to see movement shortly (probably when they make the move to the CPC-V process). Finally, they said that they do not expect these delays to affect the current 8 month processing time for the first stage.

I was also told to call weekly so I will keep you informed with any further information I receive. However, it seems advisable to call CIC asking about the status of your application as it seems to be what's driving them to change their current process. Hope this info has helped.
Thanks for the update, much appreciated. However, I struggle to believe 100% what anyone from CIC call centre says because they always say completely different things and never seem to actually know what is going on. I spoke to someone there earlier this week, who informed me she had only been working there for 3 months after I asked, she had absolutely no clue. She couldn't bring a supervisor on the phone due to a "new process", and she couldn't make any notes on my file or follow up any previous requests until 90 days (3 months!!!) at elapsed since I last inquired.... the processes are stupid, the management of the call centre is non-existent, there is 0% accountability (perhaps as we aren't Canadian yet they don't care?), and there is no internal information sharing going on at CIC.

In the UK, the Government is beginning to outsource their immigration processes to 3rd party private sector expert companies... maybe they should look into that here in Canada... because this CIC setup is a complete joke.

rant over. for this week.

thanks for the update though. I do appreciate it.