28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Aussie.in.Montreal said:
there is 0% accountability (perhaps as we aren't Canadian yet they don't care?)
I am Canadian (citizen by birth), lived here all my life, and never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence :). That's just how the Canadian gov't is; inefficient, and useless, usually.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
cioannou said:
Hi All,

After speaking with CIC today, I have some information that I thought I would share with the group. Not sure whether any of you have heard this before but from what I've read in the forum, it seems to be new information.

Firstly, CPC-M will be issuing AORs, however, as we have all noticed, there have been significant delays. The reason for this is that when CPC-V received applications, a mail clerk would open the packages, check that the application was complete and if so, would forward on to a case officer who would enter the info into the system at which point an AOR was issued. If incomplete, a note would be made in the system of what was missing and the application would be returned to the applicant. The difference now is that CPC-M has not adopted the same process. Once they receive an application, it sits around until a case officer opens it, checks that it is complete and then enters it into the system and issues an AOR. They did not indicate the current time length from when the application is received at their office to when a case officer views it because they didn't seem to know. It almost seems like they haven't even begun to look at any of the inland applications which probably explains the complete standstill in AORs that has occurred.

Due to the influx of calls they have received from individuals wondering what is happening with their application, and the fear that it will soon flood their phone lines, they are pushing to move to the CPC-V process and expect to do so in the coming weeks. Who knows how long that will actually take but they said that currently, applications are sitting in boxes awaiting assignment to a case officer but we should expect to see movement shortly (probably when they make the move to the CPC-V process). Finally, they said that they do not expect these delays to affect the current 8 month processing time for the first stage.

I was also told to call weekly so I will keep you informed with any further information I receive. However, it seems advisable to call CIC asking about the status of your application as it seems to be what's driving them to change their current process. Hope this info has helped.

If all these are true, I really want to send few dozens of F words to the person who made this schitty "PROCESS" that could potentially cause a few thousands people get their application send back after several months of waiting. I cant describe my anger to the retardness of these incompetent "PUBLIC SERVANT" now.
I think we should start a Online Petition to CIC for immediate action to correct this madness and make sure there is no single person have their application delay due to this process.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
This is really s-hitty!

I read this on another thread: "The office at Mississauga doesn't usually send acknowledgment of receipt so you don't normally hear from them until sponsorship approval. Some applications may take longer to be assessed for the first stage (sponsor assessment). If you included your email address in your application form, make sure you check your inbox or the spam folder, because sometimes the email program might get confused and send things in the spam bin."

Link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/processing-time-mississauga-t136040.0.html

cioannou said:
Hi All,

After speaking with CIC today, I have some information that I thought I would share with the group. Not sure whether any of you have heard this before but from what I've read in the forum, it seems to be new information.

Firstly, CPC-M will be issuing AORs, however, as we have all noticed, there have been significant delays. The reason for this is that when CPC-V received applications, a mail clerk would open the packages, check that the application was complete and if so, would forward on to a case officer who would enter the info into the system at which point an AOR was issued. If incomplete, a note would be made in the system of what was missing and the application would be returned to the applicant. The difference now is that CPC-M has not adopted the same process. Once they receive an application, it sits around until a case officer opens it, checks that it is complete and then enters it into the system and issues an AOR. They did not indicate the current time length from when the application is received at their office to when a case officer views it because they didn't seem to know. It almost seems like they haven't even begun to look at any of the inland applications which probably explains the complete standstill in AORs that has occurred.

Due to the influx of calls they have received from individuals wondering what is happening with their application, and the fear that it will soon flood their phone lines, they are pushing to move to the CPC-V process and expect to do so in the coming weeks. Who knows how long that will actually take but they said that currently, applications are sitting in boxes awaiting assignment to a case officer but we should expect to see movement shortly (probably when they make the move to the CPC-V process). Finally, they said that they do not expect these delays to affect the current 8 month processing time for the first stage.

I was also told to call weekly so I will keep you informed with any further information I receive. However, it seems advisable to call CIC asking about the status of your application as it seems to be what's driving them to change their current process. Hope this info has helped.

daniellanogli

Jan 13, 2014
Thunder Bay ON - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
06-08-2014
Med's Done....
21-05-2014
Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding the Medical Examination. I submitted my application for PR (my data is on the spreadsheet already) on February, 26 to CPC-Mississauga and didn't get the AOR yet.

Is it possible to make the medical examination now and submit when I have received my application number? Or should I wait the CIC request for me to do so?

I am asking because I also applied to extend my visitor visa also in February and now the CPC-Vegreville sent me by email the form IMM1017 already filled with some information as Application number, IMM type, IME number, etc. I made an appointment for May, 21, so I would like to take advantage of this and make both Medical Examination (visa extension and PR).

Should I wait the CPC-Mississauga send its request as well? Or there is a way I can anticipate it? If yes, where do I find the form?

Thanks a lot already guys!! Any help will be really appreciated!!

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
You don't need to wait for the request. Just get your medical done and give the doctor your UCI. They will send the results directly to CIC. You won't have to mail in anything.

daniellanogli said:
Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding the Medical Examination. I submitted my application for PR (my data is on the spreadsheet already) on February, 26 to CPC-Mississauga and didn't get the AOR yet.

Is it possible to make the medical examination now and submit when I have received my application number? Or should I wait the CIC request for me to do so?

I am asking because I also applied to extend my visitor visa also in February and now the CPC-Vegreville sent me by email the form IMM1017 already filled with some information as Application number, IMM type, IME number, etc. I made an appointment for May, 21, so I would like to take advantage of this and make both Medical Examination (visa extension and PR).

Should I wait the CPC-Mississauga send its request as well? Or there is a way I can anticipate it? If yes, where do I find the form?

Thanks a lot already guys!! Any help will be really appreciated!!

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
msbozick said:
We should have our application ready to send this weekend!!!! I'm so nervous, I could throw up. I'm so afraid to do something wrong! We're already two months behind our goal to send it at the end of January...we had a few problems getting documents and my fingerprints have been denied twice by the FBI. I have to send them AGAIN which is super frustrating and getting quite expensive. I'm sending the app without my PCC- I can't wait another month and a half for them to MAYBE deny them again. Apparently I have bad fingerprints. It's so upsetting.

sorry I'm sort of venting-- haha-- I just know that if anyone could understand how I feel, it's you guys!

I just want everything to be perfect and I don't want to forget anything! It's so stressful. :eek:
Hey! Get your fingerprints taken officially. Go to a police station near by and ask them where can you get it done. It will cost $35 or something but worth the money. I got my FBI check in exactly 6 weeks.

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
azarme09 said:
Hey! Get your fingerprints taken officially. Go to a police station near by and ask them where can you get it done. It will cost $35 or something but worth the money. I got my FBI check in exactly 6 weeks.
I did get them done by a professional- by 3 different people, in fact. I have bad ridges and they couldnt get a good set, so I sent in 4 cards of prints and still it was a no-go. Sooo I have to try again, which is not fun, but something we have to deal with.

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
Do we send the original of our common law declaration or a photocopy? It feels weird to send the original but idk

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
msbozick said:
Do we send the original of our common law declaration or a photocopy? It feels weird to send the original but idk
Send the original copy but keep a photocopy for yourself, just in case you need it.

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Amazingsho said:
If all these are true, I really want to send few dozens of F words to the person who made this schitty "PROCESS" that could potentially cause a few thousands people get their application send back after several months of waiting. I cant describe my anger to the retardness of these incompetent "PUBLIC SERVANT" now.
I think we should start a Online Petition to CIC for immediate action to correct this madness and make sure there is no single person have their application delay due to this process.
im agree with you. They can not play like that with two lifes.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
gudia said:
Hi ,
in case of inland application, can we visit our home country in case of some emergency ?
It's always up to the border officer. Some of them will let you back, even if there wasn't any emergency to leave, but there could be officers who won't let you back no matter what was the emergency. You can't know for sure beforehand.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i sent my sponsorship application on march 8 and was received by CIC-M on 12 March. How long it is gonna take to get AOR. My study permit is gonna expire by august. After august, i can have implied status.

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Simkr said:
i sent my sponsorship application on march 8 and was received by CIC-M on 12 March. How long it is gonna take to get AOR. My study permit is gonna expire by august. After august, i can have implied status.
same here .. i sent mine on february but i didnt get aor yet. Its gonna be long maybe. my study permit nd visa is expiring soon, but i will apply for vistor visa. If ur visa nd permit is expiring do not over stay. U need visa till u do not get permanent resident status. Do not forget to update ur visa, you need to send ur application for visa almost before 2 months, other wise they can remove u from country or u will loose ur implied staus nd it is not good for ur sponsorship case. Talk with expert or lawyer about ur situation it is serious matter.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am gonna apply for visitor visa. Did u send open work permit application along with sponsorship application?

randhawa_a said:
same here .. i sent mine on february but i didnt get aor yet. Its gonna be long maybe. my study permit nd visa is expiring soon, but i will apply for vistor visa. If ur visa nd permit is expiring do not over stay. U need visa till u do not get permanent resident status. Do not forget to update ur visa, you need to send ur application for visa almost before 2 months, other wise they can remove u from country or u will loose ur implied staus nd it is not good for ur sponsorship case. Talk with expert or lawyer about ur situation it is serious matter.