+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

GMCSierra

Feb 22, 2014
HARMIN said:
Guys ..I am not agree with u ..I am from Singapore and I applied for my visa extension in last Sept and they issued to me for 1 year ...
I attached my marriage certificate copy , court marriage pictures and invitation cards as a proof with my Visa extension application ..
Guys if u already done ur medical for ur Canada PR application then u can use same medical copy for ur visa extension ...just send them medical report and medical cert copy..
( MEDICAL ALWAYS VALID FOR 1 YEAR).good luck guys :)
I am a US Citizen, have been married to my wife since 2010, we have 2 daughters together. I did not need to provide medical for extension.
I think I only got approved for 3 months because we have not yet filed our sponsorship application - awaiting fingerprint results from FBI.
I am hoping that they will approve for longer when I apply for my next extension as by that time we hopefully would have submitted sponsorship application.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
HARMIN said:
Guys ..I am not agree with u ..I am from Singapore and I applied for my visa extension in last Sept and they issued to me for 1 year ...
I attached my marriage certificate copy , court marriage pictures and invitation cards as a proof with my Visa extension application ..
Guys if u already done ur medical for ur Canada PR application then u can use same medical copy for ur visa extension ...just send them medical report and medical cert copy..
( MEDICAL ALWAYS VALID FOR 1 YEAR).good luck guys :)
I didn't send anything like this, only the stuff from the checklist and an explanation letter that I have a spousal sponsorship application in process. I don't have my document number yet, but I could give them UCI both for me and my husband. I hope I will get 1 year just like you, but we will see at the end of April.

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
GMCSierra said:
I am a US Citizen, have been married to my wife since 2010, we have 2 daughters together. I did not need to provide medical for extension.
I think I only got approved for 3 months because we have not yet filed our sponsorship application - awaiting fingerprint results from FBI.
I am hoping that they will approve for longer when I apply for my next extension as by that time we hopefully would have submitted sponsorship application.
I also send my visa extension application before i got My AOR ...I didn't send any proof of my Pr application for my visa extension ..as i told u i just attached my marriage certificate copy ,few court marriage photos and marriage invitation cards and a clarification letter for my 1 year extension ...they issued for me Nov 2013 to Nov 2014... 8)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Just info from my situation on the extension issue. I originally arrived in Canada on July 19, 2012 (from USA, US citizen). Filed inland spousal app Oct 23, 2012. Applied around Dec 1, 2012, for a visitor extension. We had not received AOR yet. (Got that in late January.) Requested one year (actually a little over, requested through the end of 2013), stating I wished to remain with my husband during the inland application process. Sent copy of his pay statement for the year to show how I planned to support myself. Took a little over two months to receive the response, but received extension through the end of 2013.

I do wonder if the three months thing is based on not having an active PR app in the system yet? It would be a MAJOR pain if they started routinely granting super-short extensions.

Tiffyali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
sophieee said:
They received it on Feb 20th, and I haven't heard anything yet, but according to the website they will process it in 60 days (I sent it with regular mail). I found in other topics that they usually give 6 months, but I'm not sure.
You didn't do the medical for the PR? I did it, but send them nothing about it with the extension since they didn't ask for it.
I don't know how could it be that they gave you only 3 (4?) months. It would be a real pain in the ass if we need to apply so frequently (but I have to add, that applying via mail always give you extra 40 days in implied status, and in principle you can apply on the last valid day of your visa, however they ask you to apply 30 days before).
sigh...i think that's it, i only got 3 months - my current visitor status will be expire until 2014/04/02. next time i think i will considerate to submit my app via the regular mail to get the extra days in implied status. I was still trying to figure out why or what i have missed from my app which made them decided to give me 3 months only in this case :(

no, i haven't done my medical exam for PR as my husband said i can do it once they ask me to do it since the report only vaild for one year - i know it might delay my PR app for the extra 2-3 months. anyway, i need to do it now since CIC ask me to do it for my visa extension.

i hope you get more luck than me on the visa extension :D

Kieath

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-14
AOR Received.
n/a (mail requested)
Med's Request
07-02-15
Tiffyali said:
sigh...i think that's it, i only got 3 months - my current visitor status will be expire until 2014/04/02. next time i think i will considerate to submit my app via the regular mail to get the extra days in implied status. I was still trying to figure out why or what i have missed from my app which made them decided to give me 3 months only in this case :(

no, i haven't done my medical exam for PR as my husband said i can do it once they ask me to do it since the report only vaild for one year - i know it might delay my PR app for the extra 2-3 months. anyway, i need to do it now since CIC ask me to do it for my visa extension.

i hope you get more luck than me on the visa extension :D
We did it through mail, and I think I'll stick to that from now on. At the time we only requested a 3 month extension so we could finish the paperwork/get police certificates, but it took them about a month an a half to respond. Turns out they gave us the extension from the time they finally got to our request, so it was in practice essentially a 4 month extension.

We won't have to do our next extension for another month, but we're torn on what to request. Before I was under the impression that 12 month+ was the norm to give out in immigration cases waiting for an answer. I'm wondering if anyone has any luck recently asking for 8-9 months and citing the CIC wait times, because I think that's what we'll end up doing.

Sincey

Dec 30, 2013
Hello
I just received as everyone, the famous letter telling me that my application was transfered to Mississauga.

All the best .

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
Hi there everyone,

I just have some questions. My current work permit is just expired. and I have already applied for OWP together with my Spouse Common-Law application. That means I do have implied status for 3 months. My application sent on August 20, 2013, filed received on August 21, 2013. and currently, I am working with the same employer and my employer just applied me new LMO he said the LMO was filed last February 12, 2014. and he said it will take 68 weeks. My question is do I really need LMO and work permit even though I have implied status?is it not going to affect my application? please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you.

crmalone44

Feb 26, 2014
cathrina26 said:
Hi there everyone,

I just have some questions. My current work permit is just expired. and I have already applied for OWP together with my Spouse Common-Law application. That means I do have implied status for 3 months. My application sent on August 20, 2013, filed received on August 21, 2013. and currently, I am working with the same employer and my employer just applied me new LMO he said the LMO was filed last February 12, 2014. and he said it will take 68 weeks. My question is do I really need LMO and work permit even though I have implied status?is it not going to affect my application? please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you.
I too am in a very similar situation and my understanding, as I was told directly from the call agent at CIC was that because I had applied for a "change of conditions, or extend stay" as my open work permit, I would be on implied status once my current work permit expires and until they process my new application. I have evidence that I applied for the new open work permit (extend my stay) well before the expiration of my existing work permit. I also made it very clear in my application for the OWP with the spousal sponsorship what I was doing and my situation. The call agent guy told me to do that so I did. Also, side note, he did say send the OWP app with the spousal app and this was after the switch to all processing being done at CPC-M. Again the CIC call center people assured me I would be fine. I even went so far as to make the call center person check with his supervisor because I know (amazingly) they don't always know what they are talking about. (He probably put me on old while he rolled his eyes). The bottom line, is feel I did it properly and I am clearly not attempting to break any laws. I could have my current employer go through the sham of getting an another LMO but I would rather not spend the time and money on this step as I have been led to believe it isn't necessary. If I get called out by CIC during an interview or whatever, I would have plenty of documentation that supports what I did was right.

Anyway, I would be curious to see what folks with more experience say on this issue.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Guys , anyone know the different between sending the package through Courier address (no public drop-offs) 2 Robert Speck Parkway, and the other method CPC-Mississauga ?
We just have our new baby born , where do we send our file ; Spouses, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children or Spouse and Common-law Partner (currently living in Canada)?
Thanks a lot

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cathrina26 said:
Hi there everyone,

Thank you.
crmalone44 said:
I too am in a very similar situation and my understanding, as I was told directly from the call agent at CIC was that because I had applied for a "change of conditions, or extend stay" as my open work permit, I would be on implied status once my current work permit expires and until they process my new application. I have evidence that I applied for the new open work permit (extend my stay) well before the expiration of my existing work permit. I also made it very clear in my application for the OWP with the spousal sponsorship what I was doing and my situation. The call agent guy told me to do that so I did. Also, side note, he did say send the OWP app with the spousal app and this was after the switch to all processing being done at CPC-M. Again the CIC call center people assured me I would be fine. I even went so far as to make the call center person check with his supervisor because I know (amazingly) they don't always know what they are talking about. (He probably put me on old while he rolled his eyes). The bottom line, is feel I did it properly and I am clearly not attempting to break any laws. I could have my current employer go through the sham of getting an another LMO but I would rather not spend the time and money on this step as I have been led to believe it isn't necessary. If I get called out by CIC during an interview or whatever, I would have plenty of documentation that supports what I did was right.

Anyway, I would be curious to see what folks with more experience say on this issue.
I am also on Implied Status and have been working since January as that's when my IEC visa expired.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Hi I have several questions regard to uploading files for TRV Extension online application.
Please teach me if youve done this !

Q1: for application form imm 5708, should I upload it with writing signature and validation or not ?
Q2: for bank statement, can I use online banking screen shot instead of getting them from bank ?

guess77

Mar 11, 2014
Hi Folks,
This is my first posting and hopefully I am doing it correctly.

I have a question regarding TRV extension for my mother. She has been living in Canada since Apr. 2012 and got her TRV extended twice and will be expiring in mid April 2014. I am trying to put an application as PR for her in early January 2014, but the application was filled (closed) by around the 20th of Jan. this year. So while we are waiting for Jan. 2015 intake, I am trying to extend her TRV that would be good for another year.

Since her TRV Visa has been extended for a total of 2 years, I am wondering if anyone had experience of extending Parent TRV Visa for longer than 2 years. I am torn in between applying for her 1 year Supervisa or applying just for regular one year TRV extension (which would save us considerable amount of money to buy a Canadian Health Insurance). But if we are applying for regular TRV extension, I am worry that it will not be approved for another year. Please feel free to share your thoughts on this.

I am a naturalised Canadian citizen for 18 years and am supporting all expenses and accomodation for my mother. She also has a savings account in a Canadian Bank for her extra spending. Thanks in advance for your comments, inputs and advice.

Regards,
guess77

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
[quote author=Amazingsho]
Q2: for bank statement, can I use online banking screen shot instead of getting them from bank ?
[/quote]
i think it's better if you get bank statement from the bank and ask them to stamp it.

Gaur

Oct 15, 2013
Hi everyone,

I applied for Spouse Sponsorship from inside canada in Dec 2013. I sent my application to CPC -Vegreville Office.
They received my application on 2013/12/09 and started processing it on January 14,2014.

I received a mail yesterday saying my file is transferred from CPC - Vegreville to CPC- Missassauga Office.
It says , CPC -M is just the new designated processing center for inland sponsorship.

What does that mean?
longer wait time ??
interview call ???

Please let me know.