Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chakrab said:
Hello :)

got few questions if you can help please

Sponsorship Evaluation - Net personal income for last 12 months
Would one need to calculate it from paychecks from the last 12 months for the "net" amount or will the gross amount work?

Generic Application - Immigration office requested
What's the office for Inland Applications

Mailing the application
I don't see any courier address to mail to in the application form. Only PO box address. Anyone knows where I can courier the application to (so I have a receipt for receiving the package)?

thanks in advance :)

1. the net amount
2. I left it blank, but you can also write Mississauga
3. I don't know...

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Jamesdavid3 said:
ARGHH!!

Ok So after around 60 days with no AOR my application was returned to my Lawyer as The Spouse/Common-Law Questionaire IMM5285 (08-2013) was outdated. I think I must have submitted the one before that as my application did take months to finally submit, So my Lawyer didn't check, So I have lost around 2 or 3 months of waiting....... :'( :'( :'(

I have to also submit a Restoration of my Status form

I paid $700 for my Application and Work Permit when I sent my application off which was the correct amount at the time.

They are stating at the bottom of the first page that I have to pay an additional $5.00 for my Work permit as the prices has increased which is understandable.

$200 for my Restoration status and then they said the total amount is $355.00.....Do the math, $5.00+$200 is $205 not $355.......wtf. So I have only paid them $205.

I attached the pages so you can all have a look if needed in case this happens to anyone else.

my app got returned after 3 months too, sent it back in last week.

any idea what applications they are opening right now?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
shaqhal said:
my app got returned after 3 months too, sent it back in last week.

any idea what applications they are opening right now?
Too much bad news for today... Would you mind to share why yours was sent back?

Kieath

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-14
AOR Received.
n/a (mail requested)
Med's Request
07-02-15
After an insane amount of work, and two tries on getting police forms (note to all trying to get Italian police work done: 2 and 1/2 months+ to finish, translate, and send to Canada, and expires at 3 months...oy) we have finally sent in our inland application. I thought I'd be more relaxed, but my nerves seem more fried than ever...

Oh and to answer one of chakrab's questions, we were able to courier it to this address:

Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

(found here: cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp )

Now I was really worried about using the courier because it doesn't specify what type of application it was, but we marked it clearly on the envelope inside, and I hope that will be enough. Personally I wouldn't use the courier address unless I was on a really strict time limit (we had 4 days before before the police check expired, and was terrified that it would take them longer if I used the PO box), as I'm now terrified that we did the wrong thing instead of sending it to the inland PO box and it will get lost. Did anyone else use a courier?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks guys. i was looking for the courier option, so i can track the package. but i guess i can try the registered post option from canada post and use the PO box address.

another query, the application guide mentions that spouse also needs to submit the background/declaration and additional family information. does it apply to a spouse who is a sponsor as well? so would the sponsor need to submit those two forms as well?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
chakrab said:
thanks guys. i was looking for the courier option, so i can track the package. but i guess i can try the registered post option from canada post and use the PO box address.

another query, the application guide mentions that spouse also needs to submit the background/declaration and additional family information. does it apply to a spouse who is a sponsor as well? so would the sponsor need to submit those two forms as well?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5443E.pdf

Please the guidelines, (clearly stated who will sign the form...e.g. Applicants(spouse)
Sponsor (Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident)

Follow who will sign the forms..It is very confusing but u should check and re check before you will send your application.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlaganda23 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5443E.pdf

Please the guidelines, (clearly stated who will sign the form...e.g. Applicants(spouse)
Sponsor (Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident)

Follow who will sign the forms..It is very confusing but u should check and re check before you will send your application.
Hey

I am following it and but these two forms are confusing because for example:

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)

Who needs to fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

You, as the principal applicant,
Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
Your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am the sponsor and the spouse of the applicant.

however, like you mentioned, in the document checklist, the sponsor doesn't need to fill up the documents. hence checking if anyone submitted just one copy of the form even when the sponsor was the spouse.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
chakrab said:
I am the sponsor and the spouse of the applicant.

however, like you mentioned, in the document checklist, the sponsor doesn't need to fill up the documents. hence checking if anyone submitted just one copy of the form even when the sponsor was the spouse.
It is for the Spouse (Principal Applicant) the one who is NOT] a Canadian /Permanent Resident.

The Sponsor only signs the Undertaking and Financial evaluation/Sponsor Evaluation(2 forms in total) plus the supporting documents for more proofs e.g lease agreement, marriage certificate with both of your names.

Hope that helps!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlaganda23 said:
It is for the Spouse (Principal Applicant) the one who is NOT] a Canadian /Permanent Resident.

The Sponsor only signs the Undertaking and Financial evaluation/Sponsor Evaluation(2 forms in total) plus the supporting documents for more proofs e.g lease agreement, marriage certificate with both of your names.

Hope that helps!
helps a lot :D

i thought it would be so, just wanted a confirmation. never take a chance on these things even with the slightest doubt, that's what i have learnt. :)

Tiffyali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
Carlaganda23 said:
yes you can submit your medical for the sponsorship and for your visitor's extension.
Hi Carlaganda23, thanks for reply! that's great then!
I've just sent out my on-line app for the visitor visa extension...maybe they will ask me to submit the medical exam later cus it didn't say i need to provide it at this moment.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
Tiffyali said:
Hi Carlaganda23, thanks for reply! that's great then!
I've just sent out my on-line app for the visitor visa extension...maybe they will ask me to submit the medical exam later cus it didn't say i need to provide it at this moment.
Hi Tiffyali,

You can send your medical result but you have to know your file number(you can see it in the AOR if they will send it soon) and your client ID number. It is good for 1 year.

Kieath

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-14
AOR Received.
n/a (mail requested)
Med's Request
07-02-15
I'm excited to say that our application has arrived in Mississauga. We sent it through Canada Post Priority Mail to the CIC-M courier address on March 3rd, 2014 and it arrived today March 4th, 2014.

We asked twice to request a signature (figured it was important and wanted to know who delivered it), and to our delight they put "signature not requested" (sigh). Oh well, at least it's in for sure a few days before the police report expires. Now to cross our fingers and toes that the courier address relays it to the inland office, and that arriving in the courier office counts as arriving there before the police report expires. It's nice that it can arrive the day after, but if it wasn't for our time limit, I'd really say it wasn't worth it :( So much extra stress!

Tiffyali

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
Carlaganda23 said:
Hi Tiffyali,

You can send your medical result but you have to know your file number(you can see it in the AOR if they will send it soon) and your client ID number. It is good for 1 year.
Thanks Carlaganda23! Yeah...i hope i can see the AOR soon - i sent out my app 4 days later than you!! :p

dalia refaat

Nov 19, 2012
quick question guys, i have submitted my medical report with application . which will expire in august 2014 so they are going to ask for it again for sure !! when do you recommend i should re-do it?

and please give me some instructions on how to send it to them making sure it won't get lost in the way !! oh i sent my app to vegreville before it gets updated so where should i send it now?

thanks