Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I haven't seen anyone starting a topic for the 2014 inlanders, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Happy New Years! Keep your spirits high and hopefully time will speed up much faster than what we saw last year. Please don't hesitate to share your stories, your concerns and questions on here!

A warm welcome, and good luck to you all!! :)

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
There's one already but it doesnt matter, let's see which will be filled up faster.

Category: Family
Visa Office: Vegreville
Application Submitted: December 30, 2013
Application Received: January 3, 2014
Open Work Permit: Submitted together with the spousal application
Medical: To follow as my wife is pregnant and will give birth this January or 1st of February
Fee: Paid upfront

The waiting game begins now! Happy new year!!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I didn't see that one before now, I just found it. Ah well. Whatever one works best! :)

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
Hey guys! Happy New Year!
It's good to know that someone else is going through the same process that I am!
My partner and I are submitting the application next week, and are really excited and nervous about it!

Application Submitted:

But i have a quick question..
I have a post-graduate work permit that's valid till 2015 Feb..
Will i be able to apply for another open work permit after that? or should i apply when i get my file number..?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
hwanlj said:
Hey guys! Happy New Year!
It's good to know that someone else is going through the same process that I am!
My partner and I are submitting the application next week, and are really excited and nervous about it!

Application Submitted:

But i have a quick question..
I have a post-graduate work permit that's valid till 2015 Feb..
Will i be able to apply for another open work permit after that? or should i apply when i get my file number..?
Welcome on here! Good luck, and hopefully it all works smoothly. It's up to you whether you want to apply for it now or wait until you get AIP. You can always apply for it later into the process. Most people do include it with the initial application to give them a piece of mind and if you were to run out of status soon, and you included the OWP along with the pr app, that would give you implied status.

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Hi nismopinoy,

You said your wife is pregnant, which is very similar to my case. Did you guys do an upfront medical for your wife? We were told we can put the x-ray on hold and go ahead to do the upfront medical. After all the other results are back, the medical clinic told us they cannot submit the medical report to the CIC anymore, because the x-ray is on hold. This is very strange because I called CIC before and they said we can submit the report while putting the x-ray on hold. I just want to know what your situation is on this upfront medical issue.

And one thing still confuses me, why can't the person being sponsored go out of Canada for a short period? Don't they have to go out because their 6 month visa need re-entry to start kicking again?

Thanks,
Tom

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
tomtomato said:
Hi nismopinoy,

You said your wife is pregnant, which is very similar to my case. Did you guys do an upfront medical for your wife? We were told we can put the x-ray on hold and go ahead to do the upfront medical. After all the other results are back, the medical clinic told us they cannot submit the medical report to the CIC anymore, because the x-ray is on hold. This is very strange because I called CIC before and they said we can submit the report while putting the x-ray on hold. I just want to know what your situation is on this upfront medical issue.

And one thing still confuses me, why can't the person being sponsored go out of Canada for a short period? Don't they have to go out because their 6 month visa need re-entry to start kicking again?

Thanks,
Tom
Hi Tom,

Supposedly we will have the medical upfront because a lot of experienced people here in the forum did that although not in the same situation. When we were gathering the documents, a friend of mine referred us to a consultant, we met her and discuss everything. After hearing the price for her service, we consider to do it by ourselves. My wife applied here in Canada without asking any help from other people so I believe that we will make it the same as well.

The consultant said that instead of having a medical upfront, we should wait until my wife gives birth. When my wife gives birth (which is anytime soon) we will get an appointment plus we will submit additional family information stating that we have a child already.

Many people here did the medical upfront too, but in the end they need to have te medical redone again because its already expired so they cost them doubled.

With regards to your other question, as far as I know, they can extend their visa here without exiting somewhere as you will file your application INLAND.

Let's wait for the others to comment regarding your questions. :)

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
Line.a said:
Welcome on here! Good luck, and hopefully it all works smoothly. It's up to you whether you want to apply for it now or wait until you get AIP. You can always apply for it later into the process. Most people do include it with the initial application to give them a piece of mind and if you were to run out of status soon, and you included the OWP along with the pr app, that would give you implied status.
Thanks Line.a!

I have a quick question for you!
I'm checking all my application for the last time, and i'm wondering if we need to submit IMM 0008DEP form..
We don't have any children and it's just me who's immigrating.. But some people say that I need to submit anyways with "N/A" in all the blank boxes..

It's so confusing..

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
hwanlj said:
Thanks Line.a!

I'm checking all my application for the last time, and i'm wondering if we need to submit IMM 0008DEP form..
We don't have any children and it's just me who's immigrating.. But some people say that I need to submit anyways with "N/A" in all the blank boxes..

It's so confusing..
My wife didn't include that form although she don't have any dependents in her home country.

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Thanks nismopinoy!

I agree with you that we should do it on our own. Consultant or lawyer, they charge way too much and it's not guaranteed. I found that people on this forum are more useful than all the consultants who are charging us huge amount of money.

For our case, I guess we would just ask the doctor to submit a letter to CIC indicating that we have completed the medical but waiting on the x-ray after my wife give birth, since we already paid the fee…..

We are still waiting for police record from FBI since my wife lived in the States before, and it has been 6 weeks and still no clearance letter! Anyway, at this point, I just want to submit everything and be done with it.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
tomtomato said:
Thanks nismopinoy!

I agree with you that we should do it on our own. Consultant or lawyer, they charge way too much and it's not guaranteed. I found that people on this forum are more useful than all the consultants who are charging us huge amount of money.

For our case, I guess we would just ask the doctor to submit a letter to CIC indicating that we have completed the medical but waiting on the x-ray after my wife give birth, since we already paid the fee.....

We are still waiting for police record from FBI since my wife lived in the States before, and it has been 6 weeks and still no clearance letter! Anyway, at this point, I just want to submit everything and be done with it.
Yes I agree as well. Unless there are a decent amount of red flags in an application, it's not necessary to get a lawyer. They are so expensive.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
hwanlj said:
Thanks Line.a!

It's so confusing..
We did include all forms in our application, writing n/a wherever we needed to. Just for them to see that we included it and so it doesn't make it confusing for the officer(s) to process and it saves us explaining why we didn't include it.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
Line.a said:
We did include all forms in our application, writing n/a wherever we needed to. Just for them to see that we included it and so it doesn't make it confusing for the officer(s) to process and it saves us explaining why we didn't include it.
That makes sense... I think we are going to include that, too..

Thank you :)

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
tomtomato said:
Thanks nismopinoy!

For our case, I guess we would just ask the doctor to submit a letter to CIC indicating that we have completed the medical but waiting on the x-ray after my wife give birth, since we already paid the fee.....

One more step to go and you're ready to submit the application. I hope and pray that we will not encounter any delayed in our application. :)

When is the due date of your wife? Where are you located?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
hwanlj said:
That makes sense... I think we are going to include that, too..

Thank you :)
You are welcome :)