Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Sincey said:
Well ! it makes sens ..
Thanks .
You are welcome! Don't hesitate to ask any question that's concerning you.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Category: Family
Visa Office: Vegreville
Application Submitted: December 30, 2013
Application Received: January 2, 2014
Open Work Permit: Submitted together with the Common Law application
Medical: Included with Police Checks.
Fee: Paid upfront

Please add me to the spread sheet

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Welcome on here! Unfortunately I don't have the device to make a spreadsheet. Hopefully someone in the near future is able to.

LostInToronto

Jan 1, 2014
Line.a said:
Hi LostInToronto! You are meaning a lawyer for the permanent residence application I'm assuming! In that case it really depends, if you guys have red flags such as huge age difference then maybe yes I would consider it, but with the help from people on this board would do almost as good. I honestly think that they charge too much, and if you really go through everything carefully, then you should be fine. As long as you guys submit a good quality of evidence that your relationship is genuine, you should be all good. We did it ourselves, and so far so good :)
Hi Line.a
Thank You for responding to my questions, Only issue I have is being out of status since 2009, My questions is what kind of documents do I have to prove about what I have been doing since 2009, Can you please kindly give me more details, everything else is 100% genuine no age difference. Once again thank you very much for you priceless information you have given me!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LostInToronto said:
Hi Line.a
Thank You for responding to my questions, Only issue I have is being out of status since 2009, My questions is what kind of documents do I have to prove about what I have been doing since 2009, Can you please kindly give me more details, everything else is 100% genuine no age difference. Once again thank you very much for you priceless information you have given me!!
You might want to download document (PDF) IP08 from the CIC website and look at Appendix H. This basically details the `public policy' that allows an out of status applicant to apply for PR while remaining in Canada. Heck, you might even keep a copy of Appendix H in your car, in case you get stopped by an over zealous police officer that thinks you should be deported ASAP, for being out of status!

I'm also in a similar situation (but not quite as long as you have been out of status) and was horrified when someone at CIC told me (over the phone) that an out of status applicant would likely still be deported, even with the IP08 Appendix H policy. The consensus is that the person was misinformed on how their own public policy works regarding those without legal immigration status at the time they submit their Inland application.

Regarding documents to prove your activity since 2009...What do you have? Have you been working? Legally??
I struggled with this, as I have been in Canada, while telecommuting outside of Canada (being paid outside of Canada), so I obviously do not have a work permit. In my mind, I said that I was unemployed (in the Canadian Labour Market) but knew that I couldn't honestly say that I was `unemployed'. I attached a document explaining my situation, that I was NOT working IN Canada, as best I could and will hope for the best. My advice is to just provide a short paragraph detailing what you have been doing since 2009.

I'm sure you realize that if your Inland application is denied for any reason, you cannot appeal and will definitely have to leave Canada (likely within 30 days). THAT'S the scary part for us Inland applicants...no matter how rock solid we feel our application packages are, there's really no guarantee! Yikes!! :eek:

Good luck

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
Hello, everyone! I posted this to another 2014 inland application thread but I was advised that this is the one we are using. sorry about that, the other thread was the only one I could find!

Anyway! My original question was:
My boyfriend and I are gearing up to apply for common law very soon, but I have a few questions that I'm hoping you all can answer for me. It's all so confusing and stressful and hard to find straight answers, haha. I know the answers have to Be on this forum somewhere but I can't find them exactly. Sorry if I sound like a broken record.

My boyfriend is Canadian and he's sponsoring me- I'm American.

1. We're applying inland- should I get my medical upfront even with current processing times? I'm afraid it will expire and it's about $350. Doing it twice won't break the bank but it certainly feels like a waste of money.
2. I'm an American, is it definitely bad to use an FBI Channeler for my clearance? The channeler I was looking at supplies the clearance directly from the FBI with an FBI symbol on the paper, includes the signature from the department, and it's tamper-proof paper which I'm assuming means if you copy it's it shows
up with the watermark "copy" all over it. I asked a lady at the CIC call center and she said it was fine to do this, but for some reason, I don't trust her. It seems every time I talk to someone at the call center they just read to me straight from the website...

3. If I can't use a channeler, can I send my application without my clearance and then send the clearance when I get it later? what do you guys suggest? I'm not even sure how to send documents after my application and have them actually be included with the rest of my stuff. I'd absolutely mention what I planned on sending later in a cover letter with my application, I'm just afraid it will get lost and never reach the rest of my application.

I should also mention that we have been living together in Canada for three years, we have an absolutely solid application, no red flags whatsoever. I just want to have a perfect application! The waiting is already killing me! I'm just so excited that it's happening but also so stressed out!

Thanks so much for the help!

marylou

Aug 22, 2010
North York, Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Submitted to Vegreville - Now Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
Application Submitted: January 4th, 2014
Application Received: Possibly January 9th, 2014 (sent via 3 days registered express mail)
Medical: Included
Police Checks: Included
Fee: Paid upfront except landing fee

The waiting now starts........

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I agree with Ponga! It's tough to tell, I'm not sure what documents you have on hand, but make sure to get all the required documents, maybe explain them why you have been out of status. When it comes to implied status, there is a difference when you apply and are already being out of status. There has been a heavy debate about it, and I am not sure if I can get the right answer for you, so maybe try the inland 2012 thread and see if you can get some accurate answers on that part. Good luck :)

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
marylou said:
Application Received: Possibly January 9th, 2014 (sent via 3 days registered express mail)

Welcome marylou!! Let us keep our faith alive! Everything will be okay and fall into the right place. God Bless

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
msbozick said:
Hello, everyone! I posted this to another 2014 inland application thread but I was advised that this is the one we are using. sorry about that, the other thread was the only one I could find!

Anyway! My original question was:
My boyfriend and I are gearing up to apply for common law very soon, but I have a few questions that I'm hoping you all can answer for me. It's all so confusing and stressful and hard to find straight answers, haha. I know the answers have to Be on this forum somewhere but I can't find them exactly. Sorry if I sound like a broken record.

My boyfriend is Canadian and he's sponsoring me- I'm American.

1. We're applying inland- should I get my medical upfront even with current processing times? I'm afraid it will expire and it's about $350. Doing it twice won't break the bank but it certainly feels like a waste of money.
2. I'm an American, is it definitely bad to use an FBI Channeler for my clearance? The channeler I was looking at supplies the clearance directly from the FBI with an FBI symbol on the paper, includes the signature from the department, and it's tamper-proof paper which I'm assuming means if you copy it's it shows
up with the watermark "copy" all over it. I asked a lady at the CIC call center and she said it was fine to do this, but for some reason, I don't trust her. It seems every time I talk to someone at the call center they just read to me straight from the website...

1:it is preferred to send it in along with medicals, but you can also wait and do it once you get 1st stage approval, they will then request it for you to do. It may delay you a little bit, but quite a few do it that way including ourselves. 2: I'm not sure about the FBI question, but I have also seen that people do send in their police records after they send their initial app off, in case you wait explain to them that you do plan on sending them in as soon as you get them.

3. If I can't use a channeler, can I send my application without my clearance and then send the clearance when I get it later? what do you guys suggest? I'm not even sure how to send documents after my application and have them actually be included with the rest of my stuff. I'd absolutely mention what I planned on sending later in a cover letter with my application, I'm just afraid it will get lost and never reach the rest of my application.

->> 3: as long as you send it to the right address you should be fine. Make sure to explain it very well so there are no misunderstandings.

I should also mention that we have been living together in Canada for three years, we have an absolutely solid application, no red flags whatsoever. I just want to have a perfect application! The waiting is already killing me! I'm just so excited that it's happening but also so stressed out!

->> don't worry, every one who sends off their apps are feeling this way! It's normal! Try not to stress out too much, you will get through it. You say you have no red flags, so there shouldn't be anything wrong. They may request some more info at one point or another, or schedule you in for an interview, but still don't worry! Make sure to find a hobby, because the ride is long and can be frustrating! We are here to help, it's tough times so make sure to ask anything you are concerned about! Good luck :)

Thanks so much for the help!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
marylou said:

Welcome on here! Hopefully you get your AOR soon! :)

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
thanks so much for the info, Line.a! I have so many questions and this forum is a godsend! Can I send my medicals before they request it? Like for example, I wait until we get past step one and send them then? as long as I am clear in my intentions? I just really doubt that my medical will still be valid by the time my app is processed if I send it with the rest of my app.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
msbozick said:
thanks so much for the info, Line.a! I have so many questions and this forum is a godsend! Can I send my medicals before they request it? Like for example, I wait until we get past step one and send them then? as long as I am clear in my intentions? I just really doubt that my medical will still be valid by the time my app is processed if I send it with the rest of my app.
Yes, you can send them in any time during the process. I have often thought about doing it sooner than later, but like you said, you wouldn't want to redo it since it's fairly costly. I would honestly just wait until you get your 1st stage approval (AIP) and then go do it. You are very welcome :)

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
that's what I think I'm going to do. Processing times are currently sitting at 11mos for stage one and 8 mos for stage two. I know they can be quicker than that, but I just doubt my medical would still be valid when they need it. Am I wrong in assuming that? it's just so hard to make a decision because I don't want to do anything wrong, ya know?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
msbozick said:
that's what I think I'm going to do. Processing times are currently sitting at 11mos for stage one and 8 mos for stage two. I know they can be quicker than that, but I just doubt my medical would still be valid when they need it. Am I wrong in assuming that? it's just so hard to make a decision because I don't want to do anything wrong, ya know?
Nope, you seem right about that. We are just about 11 months on the 9th this month, and yet no AIP. It will be running out after a year I believe. I know exactly how you feel, but it seems like you're doing the right things!