hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
How long does it take for Etobicoke office to contact you for landing interview?
Has anyone landed at Etobicoke recently?

NinaLouise

Sep 2, 2015
MaryLou6 said:
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!

I've just received an email from CIC, is this AIP?

This is a part of it:
'This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of
your stay in Canada.'
Congrats MaryLou6! ;D

Does anyone here have applied in December 2014? I've just received the AOR so far....

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
But he hasn't gotten through the process yet. Maybe, CIC has found a problem with his application, which is why it's taking so long.
It's not taking longer than expected at all... I have SA and AIP. My Medicals were re-sent which is why I am currently waiting like all the others who had it requested.

I am so close to DM I can feel it.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
It's not taking longer than expected at all... I have SA and AIP. My Medicals were re-sent which is why I am currently waiting like all the others who had it requested.

Did the request for medicals come separately from the AIP? We also had AIP and Sa on the same day but no additional docs requests, so now I'm wondering if they might've sent something more and we didn't get it. Or should we just wait patiently?
We ordered the notes today too

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:

You said on August 4th, that your medical had been received by CICt:
Jamesdavid3 said:
I have AIP and SA and have just sent my Medicals in last week and its now displaying as Medical received in ECas as they requested it.

How much longer do you think I have to wait until DM??
Why do you think they haven't sent you your DM email yet? Did they give you a date that you needed to provide the medical and if so, has that date passed yet?

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
You said on August 4th, that your medical had been received by CICt:
Why do you think they haven't sent you your DM email yet? Did they give you a date that you needed to provide the medical and if so, has that date passed yet?
I had by July 23rd to send in my Medicals.

From the Spreadsheet there are many others who are still waiting for DM.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
I had by July 23rd to send in my Medicals.

From the Spreadsheet there are many others who are still waiting for DM.
Which means that the letter CIC sent you, was probably dated June 23rd, since they typically give you 30 days to comply. If so...why did you wait until the end of July to have your medical? Are you sure that it was in fact received by CIC before July 23rd?

Since you're obviously tired of waiting for your PR, I would have thought you would have had your medical ASAP after getting the letter, but...I guess not.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Ponga said:
Which means that the letter CIC sent you, was probably dated June 23rd, since they typically give you 30 days to comply. If so...why did you wait until the end of July to have your medical? Are you sure that it was in fact received by CIC before July 23rd?

Since you're obviously tired of waiting for your PR, I would have thought you would have had your medical ASAP after getting the letter, but...I guess not.
From my experience, there are times when all cic physicians are fully booked and getting an appointment within a month can be challenging.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:

Medical request form was sent to me on June 23rd and I had to send it by July 23rd. I think I sent it to them on July 17th arriving on the 21st of July.

Medical Received is now on Ecas.

The reason why I couldn't do it sooner as almost every single Medical Physician was booked up for 2-3 weeks.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
Medical request form was sent to me on June 23rd and I had to send it by July 23rd. I think I sent it to them on July 17th arriving on the 21st of July.

Medical Received is now on Ecas.

The reason why I couldn't do it sooner as almost every single Medical Physician was booked up for 2-3 weeks.
Makes sense. What doesn't make sense is how CIC works after a person has jumped through the last hoop. No idea why it takes so long, when all they have to do is reach for the giant `APPROVED' stamp and stamp your application. ? ? ? ?

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
hwanlj said:
How long does it take for Etobicoke office to contact you for landing interview?
Has anyone landed at Etobicoke recently?
My spouse landed in May, I'm not sure if that's considered recent or not.

It took them 6 days (4 business days) to send the landing interview e-mail after DM was received, and the landing date was for 7 days (5 business days) after that.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Hi MaryLou6
Congratulation for AIP its pretty earlier than expected:)
I am also 3rd Sep 2014 applicant and receive my AIP last week. CIC also requested for medical and Security check which i did last week in Edmonton. I am going to reply them by coming Friday.For medical we have piece of paper to proof it but for security check they did not give us any proof after fingure printing until CIC will access the report by them self.
what prove i will submit to CIC about security clearance. Plz guide me in this record

i am also wondering that how long they will take from now to make final decision if every thing is fine.

Diva Diva

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Hi guys!
I'm a November 2014 applicant and received request for a new schedule A form. I just filled it out using the dates they indicated. It's officer BJD. Anyone who has had officer BJD?

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
amjad3126 said:
Hi MaryLou6
Congratulation for AIP its pretty earlier than expected:)
I am also 3rd Sep 2014 applicant and receive my AIP last week. CIC also requested for medical and Security check which i did last week in Edmonton. I am going to reply them by coming Friday.For medical we have piece of paper to proof it but for security check they did not give us any proof after fingure printing until CIC will access the report by them self.
what prove i will submit to CIC about security clearance. Plz guide me in this record

i am also wondering that how long they will take from now to make final decision if every thing is fine.
Thanks and congrats to you too! :)
Did they ask you to repeat the security check in Canada? I'm sorry I don't fully understand. I've sent my police clearance from my home country and I have a biometrical passport which already has my fingerprints. Should I get a security check in Canada as well, not only in my country of origin? They didn't ask me for anything yet.