Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
alexander_Schwartz said:
I have a quick question. I just received AIP via the letter below:

"Dear xxxxxx,

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or

Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent

residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that

a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent

resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks

for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they

are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident

until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of

your stay in Canada."

In this letter it states that you cannot become a permanent resident until all requirements are met. I only received this letter. there was no attachment asking for more documentation such as a new medical and my e-cas says medicals received. Does that mean that I do not need a new medical or send in anything else? If additional item were needed would it have said in this letter? As far as I am understanding, my medicals are fine and my police certificate was acceptable as their is no separate letter or addendum asking for it. I am just looking for others that have received AIP/DM to confer what I am thinking. thank you!
Congrats!
You don't need to do anything unless it's asked. You can receive your DM in the next couple of hours or the next couple of months. (Or you might be asked for something later)

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
sophieee said:
The point of the call centre is to have a bunch of low wage people instead of more high wage agents. No offense, but lot of applicant write things like "I just gave my usual morning call to CIC...". As long as people who are sitting at home and have nothing else to do but call CIC on a daily basis only to hear that there is nothing that they can be told, I understand that CIC have this "buffer" before they would waste their real agents time.
That's an other thing, that when you have legitimate basis to ask for their help, they should be able to help you.

MPs are different, ours was great. And the point of an inquire made by the MP is that by the answer I could tell that someone really opened my file and really took a look at it, not like when I'm calling the call centre. The inquires our MP made showed up even on the GCMS notes.
I completely understand the desire to employ low-wage call centers to offload nuisance work. If the call center did something for hwanlj then the call center is working as an adequate buffer.
Unfortunately even after the waiting period was satisfied and there was a legitimate cause for contact there's still no one you're escalated to.
If hwanlj's story read "I waited till I was past processing times, then I called the center and notified them that I was outside of processing times, they put in an alert and my file was located and processed within the week."

Clearly it could very well work that way, it's not a pipe dream. If there are too many people outside of regular processing times then they need to report longer processing times.
If these cases truly *are* outliers then why can't they be dealt with? What exactly stops them from putting down the files that are being processed 6-months ahead of time for no reason at all in favor of files that are over-due? These people winning the waiting-game lottery won't be calling to complain when their application is looked at on-time, why not redirect those clearly misdirected resources to files that have actually waited long enough to merit processing?

Right now the call center has a buffer to catch people within standard processing times, then if that fails they check eCas for you, and if that doesn't remedy the problem they put a note into a bottle and toss it into the sea.

So right now the call center isn't really a buffer. It's more of a facade. Even if you have a legitimate concern, like hwanlj did, they cannot help you.
Even now, the processing times have stagnated on a date sometime in March for the past 3 months while 90% of April has been processed, and (to beat a dead horse) somehow 20% of September has as well.

As for the MPs, mine submitted an inquiry just like yours did, the difference is that CIC seems to have actually responded to yours, possibly because your file was on top of a pile.
Unfortunately MPs are effectively on-vacation till November.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
GustavesF said:
I completely understand the desire to employ low-wage call centers to offload nuisance work. If the call center did something for hwanlj then the call center is working as an adequate buffer.
Unfortunately even after the waiting period was satisfied and there was a legitimate cause for contact there's still no one you're escalated to.
If hwanlj's story read "I waited till I was past processing times, then I called the center and notified them that I was outside of processing times, they put in an alert and my file was located and processed within the week."

Clearly it could very well work that way, it's not a pipe dream. If there are too many people outside of regular processing times then they need to report longer processing times.
If these cases truly *are* outliers then why can't they be dealt with? What exactly stops them from putting down the files that are being processed 6-months ahead of time for no reason at all in favor of files that are over-due? These people winning the waiting-game lottery won't be calling to complain when their application is looked at on-time, why not redirect those clearly misdirected resources to files that have actually waited long enough to merit processing?

Right now the call center has a buffer to catch people within standard processing times, then if that fails they check eCas for you, and if that doesn't remedy the problem they put a note into a bottle and toss it into the sea.

So right now the call center isn't really a buffer. It's more of a facade. Even if you have a legitimate concern, like hwanlj did, they cannot help you.
Even now, the processing times have stagnated on a date sometime in March for the past 3 months while 90% of April has been processed, and (to beat a dead horse) somehow 20% of September has as well.

As for the MPs, mine submitted an inquiry just like yours did, the difference is that CIC seems to have actually responded to yours, possibly because your file was on top of a pile.
Unfortunately MPs are effectively on-vacation till November.
I'm not arguing, I just made a (small) point, that there is a reason to have a not-well trained call centre team.
But I don't think that CIC uses this team correctly, nor that they have a big enough well-trained team, nor that they handle the overdue applications correctly, etc.
And I surely don't understand that why on earth would they start to process September applicants when people from January are waiting for the first response.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
sophieee said:
I'm not arguing, I just made a (small) point, that there is a reason to have a not-well trained call centre team.
But I don't think that CIC uses this team correctly, nor that they have a big enough well-trained team, nor that they handle the overdue applications correctly, etc.
And I surely don't understand that why on earth would they start to process September applicants when people from January are waiting for the first response.
Oh I'm not arguing either, I'm just discussing.

Additionally I'm asserting that there is no exaggeration here, it really is this bad, and there really is no way to rationalize it.

This discourse is my only vent for CIC frustrations.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!

I've just received an email from CIC, is this AIP?

This is a part of it:
'This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of
your stay in Canada.'

Aqsamunir

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
AIP/DM: 11-02-16
LANDED..........
29-03-2016
MaryLou6 said:

This is a part of it:
'This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
your stay in Canada.'
Congrats

jamique

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MaryLou6 said:

This is a part of it:
your stay in Canada.'
Congrats that's AIP!!!! Did you do your medicals? If so DM should follow shortly.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
jamique said:
Congrats that's AIP!!!! Did you do your medicals? If so DM should follow shortly.
Yes!!! I did my medical upfront as well! Can't believe this, we are opening a good bottle of red wine to celebrate the first step being over!!

dee365

May 28, 2015
MaryLou6 said:
Yes!!! I did my medical upfront as well! Can't believe this, we are opening a good bottle of red wine to celebrate the first step being over!!
Hi MaryLou6

Congrats to you!

Can you tell me if your OWP was for 1yr or 2yrs and if it was case 20 or 27. Thank you.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
MaryLou6 said:

This is a part of it:
your stay in Canada.'
Yaaaaaaaay... another September app...

Whyyyyyyy oh whyyyyyy didn't I wait till September to submit my application?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
Yaaaaaaaay... another September app...

Whyyyyyyy oh whyyyyyy didn't I wait till September to submit my application?
lol you should have just waited a few more days, no need till september. almost everyone in april after the 3rd have been processed.

on a serious note, am thinking you are at the bottom of the march file.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
dee365 said:
Hi MaryLou6

Congrats to you!

Can you tell me if your OWP was for 1yr or 2yrs and if it was case 20 or 27. Thank you.
The owp I have is for 2 years and it's case 27. I have health care thought, because we live in Alberta. My sponsor also got the SA yesterday, on the email address we've inquired to change through the specific case inquiry.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
chakrab said:
lol you should have just waited a few more days, no need till september. almost everyone in april after the 3rd have been processed.

on a serious note, am thinking you are at the bottom of the march file.
In comparison September is getting through 6 months early compared with 1 month early for April. So September would have been awesome.
I'd be done in the amount of time it took me to get AOR.

Yeah, I'm definitely at the bottom of the lamented March pile. The pile that is apparently being processed by a group of kindergartners with sidewalk chalk.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it possible to take a vacation after your landing interview? I understand that you will not have a PR card and your Open work permit also gets taken away during the landing interview...

I was wondering if its possible to come back into Canada with just your passport and show the Boarder agent your COPR and my British passport.

I am planning on going on a 1 week vacation to the Dominican Republic on October 13th. I've already got AIP and SA on July 23rd....no DM yet...

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
Is it possible to take a vacation after your landing interview? I understand that you will not have a PR card and your Open work permit also gets taken away during the landing interview...

I was wondering if its possible to come back into Canada with just your passport and show the Boarder agent your COPR and my British passport.

I am planning on going on a 1 week vacation to the Dominican Republic on October 13th. I've already got AIP and SA on July 23rd....no DM yet...
you can show your passport to the airlines indicating that you don't need visa to enter Canada. To be safe, you can apply for eTA as it's pretty cheap. CoPR should be fine at the border.

Mind you, it's taking close to a month to get the interview after DM. Going by your timeline, you probably may not have CoPR by then.