INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

kszhang

Nov 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
screech339 said:
Since your wife's visa is still valid, then I would suggest you submit a work visa extension if possible before the visa expires. Submitting an OWP before visa expires does not give implied status since you didn't submit it with PR application same time. OWP is not a work visa extension. It's a new and different type of work visa. However your wife can get "implied status" as a visitor after her work visa expires if you submit a visitor extension before her visa expires. If you only submitted your OWP before your wife's visa expires, your wife's status will be "out of status" between the time her work visa expires to time she get her OWP, unless you submit a visitor extension.
Thank you so much screech339. :)

So that means we need to submit a work visa extension application instead of OWP application. If it fails, then we need to submit a visitor extension to make sure my wife is legally stay in Canada.

Once AIP is approved, then we can submit OWP application.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
kszhang said:
Thank you for your response.

But when we have submitted the OWP application and my wife's work permit has expired, does she have implied status to legally still working in Canada without any interruptions?

Also I do not understand why we need to send the application to Mississauga, rather than CPC-V, the work permit process center
I figured that maybe they can attache the OWP to your PR app and this way you can get implied status and can continue to work. But I'm not sure if it's working you would need to check via phone after sending the app. And as I said, that's something that CIC advise NOT to do.
If you can apply for a work visa extension, that looks like a better idea.

kszhang

Nov 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
sophieee said:
I figured that maybe they can attache the OWP to your PR app and this way you can get implied status and can continue to work. But I'm not sure if it's working you would need to check via phone after sending the app. And as I said, that's something that CIC advise NOT to do.
If you can apply for a work visa extension, that looks like a better idea.
Cool, it looks like we need to apply for OWP as early as possible. If cic rejects to attach to our PR application, then we still have sufficient time to submit a work visa extention.

BTW, will cic response us that OWP will be attached to the PR application?

Thank you sophieee ;D

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
kszhang said:
Cool, it looks like we need to apply for OWP as early as possible. If cic rejects to attach to our PR application, then we still have sufficient time to submit a work visa extention.

Thank you sophieee ;D
If you choose this way I would suggest to try and get a written acknowledgement that you have implied status.
Good luck!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
If you choose this way I would suggest to try and get a written acknowledgement that you have implied status.
Good luck!
As screech has pointed out, the OWP must be sent with the Inland application (prior to status expiry) to be under implied status. Sending the OWP after the Inland application has been mailed will do nothing to remedy this.

kszhang

Nov 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Ponga said:
As screech has pointed out, the OWP must be sent with the Inland application (prior to status expiry) to be under implied status. Sending the OWP after the Inland application has been mailed will do nothing to remedy this.
Thank you Ponga. So CIC will not attach our OWP app to our PR app for sure and will just return it?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:
Only thing I thought that it might work is that there are a few people who sent the OWP after the PR app and they got the OWP right after AIP just if they had sent it together. I thought that it might mean that the OWP has been attached to their file, and this way they might have implied status while waiting, even if this is against CIC policy.
But if there is any other way, like the work visa extension, I think the OP should choose that one.

kszhang

Nov 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
sophieee said:
Only thing I thought that it might work is that there are a few people who sent the OWP after the PR app and they got the OWP right after AIP just if they had sent it together. I thought that it might mean that the OWP has been attached to their file, and this way they might have implied status while waiting, even if this is against CIC policy.
But if there is any other way, like the work visa extension, I think the OP should choose that one.
Thank you for the clarification. we should think about the work visa extension now, as no one likes any risks in the application

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
I started to change the look of the spreadsheet. Let me know if you like it or if the previous was better.
(Yep, I'm bored)

Sophia_N

Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 14, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Okay I have a theory-

CIC people are going undercover in forums such as these, continually urging inland applicants to withdraw in favour of the outland process. This is them trying to lessen their back log isn't it? I knew it.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Sophia_N said:
Okay I have a theory-

CIC people are going undercover in forums such as these, continually urging inland applicants to withdraw in favour of the outland process. This is them trying to lessen their back log isn't it? I knew it.
CIC does encourage everyone to apply outland as they do have an advantageous of quick processing time over inland. They have been recommending it for a long long time.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Sophia_N said:
Okay I have a theory-

Sophia, I know you have been through this on the threads already but given the ever increasing times for Inland I would seriously consider applying outland again. Your going to lose the will as these wait times are just going up and up!

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
brucem said:
Sophia, I know you have been through this on the threads already but given the ever increasing times for Inland I would seriously consider applying outland again. Your going to lose the will as these wait times are just going up and up!
As annoying as it is to be told the same thing over and over, I'm going to chime in too! My VO was London too, I live in Toronto but mailed my application outland on August 6th, we just got decision made on November 18th, a little over 3 months from start to finish. We are going for landing in Etobicoke on December 1st...with the rate inland is going, in 3 months time you will be in the exact same position...when you could be holding your PR card! Lol sorry for the "pitch" I'm just so glad that we went for outland after not hearing anything from Inland for over 5 months...best of luck to you which ever way you decide

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
screech339 said:
CIC does encourage everyone to apply outland as they do have an advantageous of quick processing time over inland. They have been recommending it for a long long time.
Its still depends which country you come from. This waiting time is very frustrating.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nismopinoy said:
Its still depends which country you come from. This waiting time is very frustrating.
True, it is also depends on which country you come from. If you are from a country that exceeds normal inland processing time even under the new latest inland processing timeline, chances are the country is known for fraud and/or corruption, thus extra processing time to verify documentations, marriage relationships and the like. Another factor in the long processing time is the volume of applicants coming from the country as well.