+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

bdianeg

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I landed in the Ottawa CIC office yesterday! What a relief.

Here's a little info, in case anyone else is landing in Ottawa, I know I was curious.

You walk in and a guard looks at your appointment papers, so bring those. He then takes you in a room with about 50 chairs, a bathroom, and a water fountain. He puts your letter in a stack with the others that are already waiting. It is first come, first served. It seemed like everyone had the same 1:30 appointment time, and we showed up at 1:15. We waited for 2 hours to get called to a window, (there were 2 officers working the 3 windows). It took about 5 minutes to do the paperwork, and the questions were: Have you ever been charged/convicted of a crime, have you ever been denied entry to Canada, do you have any other dependents that are not listed in your application?. Then we signed stuff and were done.

My suggestions:
-Arrive earlier as you can, it was first come first served, and there were a lot of people before us -- seems they were smarter than me and arrived very early.
-If you bring kids, bring lots of distractions and snacks!
-Print your appointment papers!
-The parking lot was totally full at the location, there is a $7 all day lot 2 blocks down on Catherine street that had lots of open spots, the street parking is only 2 hours, and you might be there longer -- it's worth the $7 to not leave the room when you're waiting to go pay the meter.

Thank you to everyone who gives updates and advice. This forum has been very helpful.

Good luck to everyone! I will post when I get my card, which they said could take up to 6 weeks to receive.

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
yay!!! congrats!!! we are like back to back now! I told you yesterday that you will get yours very soon!! and that's true!!!

ukca8614 said:
OMG guys......I have DM!!

I called the call center on Friday, the agent told me I had a positive DM. I got off the phone and literally cried my eyes putt :D but knowing what CIC are like I called back yesterday and the agent confirmed. And sometime last night eCAS updated!!

Apparently it's finally over! I just have to wait for my confirmation letter and my landing interview letter now.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
bdianeg said:
I landed in the Ottawa CIC office yesterday! What a relief.

Here's a little info, in case anyone else is landing in Ottawa, I know I was curious.

You walk in and a guard looks at your appointment papers, so bring those. He then takes you in a room with about 50 chairs, a bathroom, and a water fountain. He puts your letter in a stack with the others that are already waiting. It is first come, first served. It seemed like everyone had the same 1:30 appointment time, and we showed up at 1:15. We waited for 2 hours to get called to a window, (there were 2 officers working the 3 windows). It took about 5 minutes to do the paperwork, and the questions were: Have you ever been charged/convicted of a crime, have you ever been denied entry to Canada, do you have any other dependents that are not listed in your application?. Then we signed stuff and were done.

My suggestions:
-Arrive earlier as you can, it was first come first served, and there were a lot of people before us -- seems they were smarter than me and arrived very early.
-If you bring kids, bring lots of distractions and snacks!
-Print your appointment papers!
-The parking lot was totally full at the location, there is a $7 all day lot 2 blocks down on Catherine street that had lots of open spots, the street parking is only 2 hours, and you might be there longer -- it's worth the $7 to not leave the room when you're waiting to go pay the meter.

Thank you to everyone who gives updates and advice. This forum has been very helpful.

Good luck to everyone! I will post when I get my card, which they said could take up to 6 weeks to receive.

Printing the appointment papers is great advice. I did not do that and have to show them the PDF on my phone which wasn't entirely reliable. Print the PDF you get in the e-mail!

Clcl88

Apr 15, 2015
Hello everyone.

Oct 17th 2013 applicant here.

After 100 wasting-time calls to CIC Call Center, my husband and I decided to contact his MP. Her office replied very quickly and they were told our application had a recall from CIC to be processed on May 11 or 30 days afterwards. Has someone here have experienced this? Why CIC made a recall? I guess it is good, but I feel so frustrated with all this process that I cant think well anymore. I feel like this will never end...

Please, any comment or idea will be much appreciated.

Good luck

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
LANDED..........
Clcl88 said:
Hello everyone.

Oct 17th 2013 applicant here.

After 100 wasting-time calls to CIC Call Center, my husband and I decided to contact his MP. Her office replied very quickly and they were told our application had a recall from CIC to be processed on May 11 or 30 days afterwards. Has someone here have experienced this? Why CIC made a recall? I guess it is good, but I feel so frustrated with all this process that I cant think well anymore. I feel like this will never end...

Please, any comment or idea will be much appreciated.

Good luck
Did you order GCMS notes? Usually on them there is a "due date" on certain operations, which is what this "recall date" sounds like to me (I've never heard of this before).

However, why your application is taking so long is unknown. If you did order notes, it may shed some light into the issue.

CherPare

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2015
Hey guys! Can anyone tell me if CIC informs you when they receive an update via case specific enquiry form? We told them we had our baby and attached a birth cert and it said they'd get back to us? Not sure if I misunderstood. Also don't want to sit on the phone forever to get an answer if they'll email us anyways.

Thanks for any response! :)

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14
Ggfish you can scan the forms or fax them , but If I were you because pictures needs to be sent thru snail mail or courier I was goner send all of them in one package ,or you can scan or fax the forms and send pictures by themselves .With the signing you will need to print them and sign cause he is a minor

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Ponga said:
If you still had legal status when CIC received your OWP, you should have implied status. Even if you do not have implied status, it shouldn't negatively impact your PR, but you won't qualify for the pilot program OWP and would need to wait until you have AIP to be eligible for the `regular' OWP.
Hi Ponga ..How u doing there and how's everything going on there ? long time already i didn't login here but today i did because i just wanna let u guys know about my file .. Finally they closed my file last week because i didn't show up for landing after few warning notice.. well guys wishing u all very good luck . god bless u and ur family ...TAKE CARE ALWAYS PONGA :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

ukca8614

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015
Mocha7 said:
yay!!! congrats!!! we are like back to back now! I told you yesterday that you will get yours very soon!! and that's true!!!
I think you may have been my good luck charm haha!! So today I got this e-mail

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Hamilton will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
And I cried again. The waiting is finally officially over!! I definitely couldn't have got through this long wait without this forum and the people on it so thank you everyone!!

ggfish

Oct 13, 2014
Jabs 77 said:
Ggfish you can scan the forms or fax them , but If I were you because pictures needs to be sent thru snail mail or courier I was goner send all of them in one package ,or you can scan or fax the forms and send pictures by themselves .With the signing you will need to print them and sign cause he is a minor
Thank you so much for responding, I was thinking about doing that too. Thank you for confirming . Good luck to your application.

Clcl88

Apr 15, 2015
automaton82 said:
Did you order GCMS notes? Usually on them there is a "due date" on certain operations, which is what this "recall date" sounds like to me (I've never heard of this before).

However, why your application is taking so long is unknown. If you did order notes, it may shed some light into the issue.
No, I didn't order GCMS notes. Actually, now that you mention, how can I do that?

The information I was given on this "CIC recall to process the application", was given by the office of my husbands MP. I hope that means something. I am currently out of status, so hopefully that will help accelerate the case. Its been 19 months now and we haven't received ANYTHING from CIC, and I know there are many people who have been waiting longer than us.

Any comment will be much appreciated. ;)

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
LANDED..........
Clcl88 said:
No, I didn't order GCMS notes. Actually, now that you mention, how can I do that?

The information I was given on this "CIC recall to process the application", was given by the office of my husbands MP. I hope that means something. I am currently out of status, so hopefully that will help accelerate the case. Its been 19 months now and we haven't received ANYTHING from CIC, and I know there are many people who have been waiting longer than us.

Any comment will be much appreciated. ;)
Go here:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Follow the links, select "Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)" and fill in the details. Keep in mind if you send the request "as" the applicant, they won't include the sponsor details. But if you send it "as" the sponsor, but put the applicant's information, you can get both (although last time I did it they asked me for some written paper that my spouse signed saying it was okay to give me the information).

Someone else might know better as to how to get "all" of it everytime without going through that.

ggfish

Oct 13, 2014
We have SA and AIP this morning finally after waiting forever. No excitement no screaming no jumping, just a sense of relief.

They were sent from another officer different from the one who requested additional info of my son. Nothing additional was sent to CIC yet. It shows how inconsistent their working procedures are.

Our SA and AIP were totally based on the originally application packaged sent without any additional document. They should have been given months ago in February.

Wish everyone else waiting best of luck.

_averagejoe_

Jan 23, 2015
I got my PR on Friday, May 22. My case office was CPC Missisauga and I had my landing interview at Etobicoke.

Here's the timeline of the process for me:
Application Received: September 3, 2013
AOR: September 23, 2013
AIP: January 20, 2015. CIC sent me the wrong letter in the email though. They requested Medical, Fingerprints and Police Clearance but did not specify in the letter that I have been approved. I got that clarified later through the officer working on my application. I asked RCMP to send the fingerprints directly to CPC. That was a mistake as CPC lost the fingerprints and I had to resend them, which delayed my application by a month and half. The second time, I had RCMP send me the fingerprints which I mailed to CPC.
DM and Landing Interview Email: May 20, 2015.
Landing Interview: May 22, 2015. Very pleasant person. Only asked couple questions that have been mentioned here before. Directed me to get my new SIN card which I was able to get in 30 mins.

I made sure that whenever I sent a mail to CPC, I attached a cover letter explaining what is being enclosed and my contact information. I think that's why I got a call back from the officer working on my case as she had not received my fingerprints. She asked me to resubmit them and gave me her work phone if I wanted to follow up.

After talking to her couple times, I assume that these guys are overloaded with work with a lot of applications and mistakes happen. Remember to be patient and polite.

ggfish

Oct 13, 2014
_averagejoe_ said:
I got my PR on Friday, May 22. My case office was CPC Missisauga and I had my landing interview at Etobicoke.

Here's the timeline of the process for me:
Application Received: September 3, 2013
AOR: September 23, 2013
AIP: January 20, 2015. CIC sent me the wrong letter in the email though. They requested Medical, Fingerprints and Police Clearance but did not specify in the letter that I have been approved. I got that clarified later through the officer working on my application. I asked RCMP to send the fingerprints directly to CPC. That was a mistake as CPC lost the fingerprints and I had to resend them, which delayed my application by a month and half. The second time, I had RCMP send me the fingerprints which I mailed to CPC.
DM and Landing Interview Email: May 20, 2015.
Landing Interview: May 22, 2015. Very pleasant person. Only asked couple questions that have been mentioned here before. Directed me to get my new SIN card which I was able to get in 30 mins.

I made sure that whenever I sent a mail to CPC, I attached a cover letter explaining what is being enclosed and my contact information. I think that's why I got a call back from the officer working on my case as she had not received my fingerprints. She asked me to resubmit them and gave me her work phone if I wanted to follow up.

After talking to her couple times, I assume that these guys are overloaded with work with a lot of applications and mistakes happen. Remember to be patient and polite.
Congrats!!!!!!

Only 2 days notice for the landing interview???? Wow. Most people will have to reschedule it.