Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015
Mocha7 said:
Hello everyone, just want to let you know that I received the DM today (after 15 months wait - received AIP in Feb 2014) and now wait for the letter from local office and it's done!!!
YAYYYY congratulations!! Fingers crossed I get my e-mail today too haha!!

Clcl88

Apr 15, 2015
ukca8614 said:
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you, since I'd been following all your situation and I am having a similar one too. I am very glad that you received an e-mail today.

Would you let us know if it was AIP or DM? Do you think that the fact that you contacted your MP had something to do with you getting something from CIC?

Best of luck and hope this nightmare if finally over for you and all of us who are still waiting. :D

Clcl88

Apr 15, 2015
ukca8614 said:
Oh, sorry. I just noticed I got too excited and thought you had received an email today. Its been so frustrating to feel like I have been forgotten by the officer who has my application, that I am yearning to hear good news from you and everybody else who is under the same situation (not that I don't feel happy for the others who already got their DM and landing interviews ;)). Good luck everyone ;D

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
ukca8614 said:
Thanks!! You will get yours very soon too!!!

Thanks God that Vegreville didn't forget our applications!

I filled out the online individual application inquiry form on CIC website last week and got the DM in email today. Not sure if it's just coincident!

If anyone is like me who waited for longer than 10 mths for their 2nd stage, and know one's file still stays in Vegreville, maybe can try the online form!

NorthDakota22

Dec 19, 2014
MissFrowz said:
Have you called CIC? Wictory just posted that they got their landing interview from Vancouver today for June 16. It's odd that they still haven't sent you the email. You can also email the office at WST-LandingEnquiries @ cic.gc.ca to find out. I hope you hear back soon, this seems unfair.
Hi, I saw the quote above with the email address for the Vancouver landing office and I was wondering if anyone has the contact information for the Etobicoke office.

We are December 2013 applicants and received 2nd stage approval on April 28th. It said in the letter we would be contacted by the Etobicoke office about a landing interview, but we didn't hear anything. So I called CIC the other day and they said that the office had sent out a letter (by postal mail) on April 30th advising us to come in on May 4th. I should say that April 30th was a Thursday and May 4 was a Monday, so we didn't get the letter in time. In fact, to this day we have gotten no letter at all. Now we are being told by Call Centre agents that they can't do anything about this and that it may take up to 2 months to be scheduled for a new interview.

This is really unacceptable to us because in the meantime my partner is out of status and can't work or study. We can't wait another 2 months. If someone has a phone number or email address from a letter sent by Etobicoke, that would be extremely helpful. Otherwise I think we will just have to go there in person and see if someone will take pity on us to reschedule an appointment.

Thank you!

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
NorthDakota22 said:
Hi, I saw the quote above with the email address for the Vancouver landing office and I was wondering if anyone has the contact information for the Etobicoke office.

We are December 2013 applicants and received 2nd stage approval on April 28th. It said in the letter we would be contacted by the Etobicoke office about a landing interview, but we didn't hear anything. So I called CIC the other day and they said that the office had sent out a letter (by postal mail) on April 30th advising us to come in on May 4th. I should say that April 30th was a Thursday and May 4 was a Monday, so we didn't get the letter in time. In fact, to this day we have gotten no letter at all. Now we are being told by Call Centre agents that they can't do anything about this and that it may take up to 2 months to be scheduled for a new interview.

This is really unacceptable to us because in the meantime my partner is out of status and can't work or study. We can't wait another 2 months. If someone has a phone number or email address from a letter sent by Etobicoke, that would be extremely helpful. Otherwise I think we will just have to go there in person and see if someone will take pity on us to reschedule an appointment.

Thank you!
In my e-mail from Etobicoke, all it says is if you have any questions contact the call centre at 1-888-242-2100.. But that's just the generic call centre # :(

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
My spouse landed today at Etobicoke. They asked when she first came to Canada, and what were her intentions at the time (to visit or reside or what), and also when was the last time she entered Canada and what was the purpose. In addition they asked if she had a job and how she expects to support herself. All of this is very redundant as all of this information was in the PR application, so I have no idea why they bothered asking, especially about how she will support herself considering that's part of the sponsorship agreement in the first place...

Anyways, the other 3 questions were the usual 3: were you convicted any crimes, did you commit any crimes and are awaiting to go in front of a court, did you have any children.

It was very fast for PR landing despite there being a lot of people waiting (who I felt rather sorry for, as I understand very well the pain of CIC's incompetence). SIN card was given a few minutes after.

The employees were all very nice and I don't have any complaints about this "part" of the PR process, just everything else.

To those still waiting, I wish you all the best! You will get it, it just takes awhile.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
NorthDakota22 said:

Thank you!
That's ridiculous! Both that they presumably sent a landing letter on a Thursday for the next Monday, and that you can't contact the office. Have you tried to talk to your MP? Maybe they have an other way to contact the landing office.

Percy Weasley

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
14-11-2013
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
automaton82 said:
If you google "CIC SDS" you find things like this:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/sds/strategy-2007.asp

It appears to stand for "Sustainable Development Strategy", although how that applies to you I do not know (or maybe I'm just wrong). H&C is humanitarian and compassion grounds. See:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5291ETOC.asp

Was there something special about your application?
Thanks for your answer Automaton82. I did ask for H&C considerations in case I was found inadmissible for not having a status (Failed refugee/long story) I just didn't know its another office the one in charge of making this desicions.. the unpredictability of my application just skyrocketed to 1,000,000,000

ggfish

Oct 13, 2014
GustavesF said:
I commend you for staying as positive as you are. I'd be absolutely livid if the reason I was stuck in limbo was because CIC took a week to figure out how to send an email, then failed at it anyway.

Record your phone calls with CIC, it's legal regardless of what they say.
Thank you for the response, I was thinking about recording too. Will do it in the future, thank you for sending the instructions on recording. I am not sure if I am positive, it's just easier as now I can afford to wait since I can work.

ggfish

Oct 13, 2014
FINALLY, Some update from me, Sep 2013 applicant, after months trying to receive an email from CIC. It finally mysteriously came up today. THANK GOD!

Basically they are asking for the following forms of my non-accompanying 6 year old son, I checked the guidelines and couldn't find that these forms were required for a minor non-accompanying child. Is this CIC's mistake again or mine?

Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)
Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)

In addition, they ask 5 photos of him too. And the letter keeps referring him as an applicant, is he an applicant at all? To my surprise, his medical examination was not asked for, as in the checklist provided, it was crossed out.

At the end, it says...

please send the document to
CPC Mississauga PO BOX 5040, Station B Mississauga, ON L5A 3A4
Email: CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca
Facsimile: (905) 803-7392

Does that mean I can send all the forms through email? How about the signatures(print out then sign and scan, or sign on the PDF directly since my laptop is touch screen)? How about the photos, can I email them too, If it can be emailed, why they need several copies of them?

thank you very much again, I was thinking about asking the call centre the above questions, but it really make me hesitant as you know how knowledgeable they are.

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
Hi guys just have a quick question, please does anybody have an idea of time frame it may take one to get a landing interview date from Halifax CIC? I just got my DM on the 19th of this month and want to have an idea of how long to wait for landing date in Halifax. Any good answer will be appreciated thanks guys!

Cheers

ukca8614

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015
OMG guys......I have DM!!

I called the call center on Friday, the agent told me I had a positive DM. I got off the phone and literally cried my eyes putt :D but knowing what CIC are like I called back yesterday and the agent confirmed. And sometime last night eCAS updated!!

Apparently it's finally over! I just have to wait for my confirmation letter and my landing interview letter now.

NorthDakota22

Dec 19, 2014
sophieee said:
That's ridiculous! Both that they presumably sent a landing letter on a Thursday for the next Monday, and that you can't contact the office. Have you tried to talk to your MP? Maybe they have an other way to contact the landing office.
Thanks for your answers Sophieee and Automaton. I know it is totally absurd. I was luckily able to get the email address for the Etobicoke office from someone in the facebook group, who got a letter with contact information on it. For future reference of anyone in this forum, it is: CIC-Etobicoke-Landings@cic.gc.ca. What I find hilarious is that while this email address should have been in the landing letter (that I never received), the Call Centre refused to acknowledge that this way to contact the office existed! I don't know why they try to make it as difficult as possible for people at every step in the process...

Anyways, if we don't hear back this week we will probably contact our MP, that's a good idea.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Congratulations!

ukca8614 said:
OMG guys......I have DM!!

I called the call center on Friday, the agent told me I had a positive DM. I got off the phone and literally cried my eyes putt :D but knowing what CIC are like I called back yesterday and the agent confirmed. And sometime last night eCAS updated!!

Apparently it's finally over! I just have to wait for my confirmation letter and my landing interview letter now.