+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
So I guess when CIC updated the processing time to 16 months last week that was to let everyone know the 2 people they have processing applications wouldn't be working again until next year?? Soooo frustrating! So sick of waiting!!!!

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
xusagi said:
just a quick question here everyone, as we are seriously considering withdrawing our inland application to apply for outland

Situation:
- the applicant is currently on PGWP and expires november 2015, his visa also expires november 2015
- applicant is living and working in Canada
- based on historical data, outland processing time at home country Stage 1 & 2 is 9 months

Should we apply for outland? apparently our consultant says we can't do it because the applicant's work and home address is in Canada

Is this true? Thanks guys.
no.he can apply outland for sure.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lorelai12 said:
So I guess when CIC updated the processing time to 16 months last week that was to let everyone know the 2 people they have processing applications wouldn't be working again until next year?? Soooo frustrating! So sick of waiting!!!!
Wha? There are 2 people processing applications?!?!

I wonder what the 2nd person does all day?

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Hahaha. You are right Ponga. I am being far too generous in believing this government would actually allocate the resources of two whole people to this process!!

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
Wha? There are 2 people processing applications?!?!

I wonder what the 2nd person does all day?
The 2nd person is dedicated to locating Carmen Sandiego.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
It truly is astonishing how incompetent the Call Center seems to be.

A person shouldn't have to call multiple times...calculate the response percentages, to then `hope' that the math is correct!

Shameful for an entity that has so much power.
If I was an August 2013 applicant I'd be making calls to the call center and at least providing transcripts to my MP or whatever quality watchdog exists.
I'd record them if I determined it was legal.

It's almost a joke at this point.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi all, I haven't been here in a while. I got my AIP on December 1. So just an update if anyone is interested I got my OWP yesterday.
But I would also like to ask if anyone knows from experience or has the same work permit as me. I jut saw the notes on my work permit saying: Not authorized to work as an agricultural, teaching etc. As well as not authorized to work as a Health Service Occupation. So does it mean it's still limited. What if I'm working as a health services clerk? If anyone has an idea pls share.

Thank you

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Princess029 said:
Hi all, I haven't been here in a while. I got my AIP on December 1. So just an update if anyone is interested I got my OWP yesterday.
But I would also like to ask if anyone knows from experience or has the same work permit as me. I jut saw the notes on my work permit saying: Not authorized to work as an agricultural, teaching etc. As well as not authorized to work as a Health Service Occupation. So does it mean it's still limited. What if I'm working as a health services clerk? If anyone has an idea pls share.

Thank you
Hi Princess,

Did you send your Medical when you apply for your work permit? As far as I'm concerned, if you don't have medical, you can't work on the jobs that was mentioned above.

xusagi

Dec 16, 2014
yata520 said:
no.he can apply outland for sure.
Thanks yata520, will check with our immigration rep again and ask about this

We are also thinking of applying through the express entry system that will be implemented in January... this whole thing is so screwed up.

aca763er

Dec 19, 2014
Hey everyone! I'm a 2013 inland applicant and have been following this thread for over a year now and have a question. My situation is that I came to Canada on a student work permit back in August, 2008 and graduated with a post graduate work permit in 2012. I've been working since then and married a Canadian. We applied for immigration in April 2013 (AOR April 15, 2013) and received our AIP in March of 2014. Now since it takes a maximum of 8 months from AIP to DM we didn't feel the need to apply for another OWP or an extension but we're yet to hear back from CIC. I've called a few times and they don't know what the problem is. I've been in Canada since I was 18, never been married and don't have any children. The application should've been pretty straight forward. They also said my medical was good and I (obviously) don't have a criminal record. Anyway, now my OWP expires on January 23, 2015. I applied for an extension on December 15, 2014 and it's supposed to take 40 days to process (although based on my experience CIC is extremely unreliable). Now, is there a way i can stay in my current job even if/after my OWP expires? I did a quick search and didn't find anything. Thanks in advance!

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
aca763er said:
Hey everyone! I'm a 2013 inland applicant and have been following this thread for over a year now and have a question. My situation is that I came to Canada on a student work permit back in August, 2008 and graduated with a post graduate work permit in 2012. I've been working since then and married a Canadian. We applied for immigration in April 2013 (AOR April 15, 2013) and received our AIP in March of 2014. Now since it takes a maximum of 8 months from AIP to DM we didn't feel the need to apply for another OWP or an extension but we're yet to hear back from CIC. I've called a few times and they don't know what the problem is. I've been in Canada since I was 18, never been married and don't have any children. The application should've been pretty straight forward. They also said my medical was good and I (obviously) don't have a criminal record. Anyway, now my OWP expires on January 23, 2015. I applied for an extension on December 15, 2014 and it's supposed to take 40 days to process (although based on my experience CIC is extremely unreliable). Now, is there a way i can stay in my current job even if/after my OWP expires? I did a quick search and didn't find anything. Thanks in advance!
Hi, you can work on implied status!

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
aca763er said:
Hey, thanks so much for the quick reply! Would I need a document or anything like that proving my implied status?
Implied Status means applying for a permit ( worker, student, visitor) before your current status expires. You did that, so you just have to wait for your work permit to arrive in the mail. Goodluck!