+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Itswell

Dec 18, 2014
Hi Guys
I have been following this forum for a very long time.
We( My partner and I) have a situation, we applied August 28th, 2013 and have been through so much during these waiting times.
Last Tuesday, we checked our e-cas around 4 am(having checked it previously on Monday and nothing changed; "only application received") and noticed a change on the column of the sponsor which states "Decision Made" and under the applicant same "application received" nothing changed. We clicked on the "Decision Made" and it states that a letter was sent 12th December, expect delays; there shouldn't be delays when it comes to e-mails. Though cic got our mailing address, our only communication is through email, even the AOR was also through email. We then called "Call Centre" to notify them that the sponsor is yet to get an email (SA) and to reconfirm our email addresses and also to ask after the applicants approval (because it should show on ecas "In Process"), the kind Lady Agent verified all our contacts and everything was CORRECT, she then told us that we have full AIP and that we should wait for OWP for 58 days. I asked why the applicants column didn't change to "in process"
She said, it will change in due time, maybe the update wasn't done same time. I asked about the letters (AIP emails) she says, it will come soon, if nothing shows, call back Friday (tomorrow), we will happy but I wasn't 100% sure.
Friends, due to all I have been reading here, I called back yesterday (Wednesday) another Lady Agent answered and told us that nothing has been done on our files, no approvals yet, no OWP, just nothing. We asked what about the change on e-cas, she says that "it took her 10 minutes to verify all these" that nothing has been done, our hearts sank!!!
We also told her what another agent told us, and she asked us, "if we called yesterday, why calling again today" that we can call everyday but that it wouldn't change the fact that nothing has been done. I just wanted to tell her that we called back because of their inconsistencies but I reserved my comments.
Friend what do we do? It's been a very very tough journey! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Bolding is by me:
Itswell said:
Hi Guys
We( My partner and I) have a situation, we applied August 28th, 2013 and have been through so much during these waiting times.
Last Tuesday, we checked our e-cas around 4 am(having checked it previously on Monday and nothing changed; "only application received") and noticed a change on the column of the sponsor which states "Decision Made" and under the applicant same "application received" nothing changed. We clicked on the "Decision Made" and it states that a letter was sent 12th December, expect delays; there shouldn't be delays when it comes to e-mails. Though cic got our mailing address, our only communication is through email, even the AOR was also through email. We then called "Call Centre" to notify them that the sponsor is yet to get an email (SA) and to reconfirm our email addresses and also to ask after the applicants approval (because it should show on ecas "In Process"), the kind Lady Agent verified all our contacts and everything was CORRECT, she then told us that we have full AIP and that we should wait for OWP for 58 days. I asked why the applicants column didn't change to "in process"
She said, it will change in due time, maybe the update wasn't done same time. I asked about the letters (AIP emails) she says, it will come soon, if nothing shows, call back Friday (tomorrow), we will happy but I wasn't 100% sure.
Friends, due to all I have been reading here, I called back yesterday (Wednesday) another Lady Agent answered and told us that nothing has been done on our files, no approvals yet, no OWP, just nothing. We asked what about the change on e-cas, she says that "it took her 10 minutes to verify all these" that nothing has been done, our hearts sank!!!
We also told her what another agent told us, and she asked us, "if we called yesterday, why calling again today" that we can call everyday but that it wouldn't change the fact that nothing has been done. I just wanted to tell her that we called back because of their inconsistencies but I reserved my comments.
The answer to "if we called yesterday, why calling again today?" is that the call agents are incompetent and require a few "tries" to get their facts straight.
Clearly at least one of the agents you talked to failed at their job. I would encourage you to call again, and get a best 2-out-of-3 to figure out what your actual status is.

I feel for you, it upsets me just reading your post.

I don't understand how one agent can tell you that you have actual progress, and even give you timelines, and another tell you that there is no status, and actually criticize you for double-checking.

You double-checked their work because they are often wrong, you determined that they were wrong, but they still criticized you for checking. Ridiculous.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It truly is astonishing how incompetent the Call Center seems to be.

A person shouldn't have to call multiple times...calculate the response percentages, to then `hope' that the math is correct!

Shameful for an entity that has so much power.

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 09 2013, CIC says: 21-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 21-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
This is the kind of experience that should go to reporters.
Try and call again Friday, maybe 3rd time is the charm?

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Itswell said:
Hi Guys
Did you check your own ( applicant) ecas? I asked because im also aug 28 and received full aip last monday via email. Its odd that they didnt send you via email but snail mail altho somebody here received via snail mail too. Anyway, just like you, ive been checking my ecas since monday after that email. Nothing changed but today, my hubby as sponsor has Decision made on his side. So i logged in on to mine and saw that it changed to in process. Then i clicked that "in process" then showed up that tney started processing and have received my medicals. So maybe you chck your applicant ecas? Hope this helps.
I tried to call today twice to check on my owp, nada cant connect.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Lisan hope you read this. saw your Pm just today. Thanks a lot, sent you a message back.
Lorelei, i also sent you a message. Hope you can read it. Thanks in advance.

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
woodyc said:
Hey RRSweet nothing from CPC-M yet. I called CIC at the start of November when we passed the 8 month timeline for stage 2 call agent said I should hear something by end of November. Nothing. So called back at end of November another agent said nothing has been done on my file since AIP in Feb she said she would send them a msg see whats going on. Called back last week they said that msg got looked at on Dec 1st by a agent so they started working on our file I guess.
Agent told me if we don't hear anything by Jan 15 2014 to call back.

So I guess i'll wait till then but who knows what they can even do if we don't hear anything by Jan 15th. I think the call centre agent just picked a random date out of his head.

I'll be surprised if they are still working now it's coming up to the holidays you know CIC love to get out of working any excuse to not process our applications

Hey Woodyc !

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard anything. This all boggles my mind and is very disappointing. I hope you hear something soon...you've been waiting for DM for so long now !

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
xusagi said:
He's from Mainland China =)

my concern is that i hear different things between the forum and our immigration consultant, and she was claiming that we wouldn't be able to outland since his work and home address are in canada..

very confused.
I'd seriously consider running away from the "consultant" if I were you, now that it's still early. This is basic info and they should know it.

Itswell

Dec 18, 2014
GustavesF said:
Bolding is by me:
The answer to "if we called yesterday, why calling again today?" is that the call agents are incompetent and require a few "tries" to get their facts straight.
Clearly at least one of the agents you talked to failed at their job. I would encourage you to call again, and get a best 2-out-of-3 to figure out what your actual status is.

I feel for you, it upsets me just reading your post.

I don't understand how one agent can tell you that you have actual progress, and even give you timelines, and another tell you that there is no status, and actually criticize you for double-checking.

You double-checked their work because they are often wrong, you determined that they were wrong, but they still criticized you for checking. Ridiculous.
Right from the time she told us her name, it was like she woke up from a wrong side of the bed or that she wasn`t happy we called. I will try again and hope for the better. Thank you GustavesF

Itswell

Dec 18, 2014
Ponga said:
It truly is astonishing how incompetent the Call Center seems to be.

A person shouldn't have to call multiple times...calculate the response percentages, to then `hope' that the math is correct!

Shameful for an entity that has so much power.
Ponga, its like we found ourselves between a rock and hard place. Except God, they got all the power when it comes to this application which we paid everything to the last cent; we can`t even raise our voices :( :( :(

Itswell

Dec 18, 2014
impatienthope said:
This is the kind of experience that should go to reporters.
Try and call again Friday, maybe 3rd time is the charm?
I will try again tomorrow and hope for the best, at the moment, we are so confused. The only access to CIC is Call Center and they are breaking our hearts.

Itswell

Dec 18, 2014
shyla36 said:
Did you check your own ( applicant) ecas? I asked because im also aug 28 and received full aip last monday via email. Its odd that they didnt send you via email but snail mail altho somebody here received via snail mail too. Anyway, just like you, ive been checking my ecas since monday after that email. Nothing changed but today, my hubby as sponsor has Decision made on his side. So i logged in on to mine and saw that it changed to in process. Then i clicked that "in process" then showed up that tney started processing and have received my medicals. So maybe you chck your applicant ecas? Hope this helps.
I tried to call today twice to check on my owp, nada cant connect.
Hi Shyla36,
I checked the applicant with the UCI and it shows what its been showing for more than 1year `Application Received`
I am also sure they didn`t send snail mail. We should receive email but nothing yet till date.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Itswell said:
Ponga, its like we found ourselves between a rock and hard place. Except God, they got all the power when it comes to this application which we paid everything to the last cent; we can`t even raise our voices :( :( :(
Makes me think about the classic Seinfield `Soup Nazi' character;but instead of an actor on a TV show saying "No soup for you!", which is funny...we have a real person saying, in essence, "No PR for you!", which is certainly NOT very funny....especially when you're a paying customer too!

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Open Work Permit aka OWP IS a legal document. My wife used to travel back and forth between US and Canada using OWP without an issue.

LeBon said:
From the CIC website: "Having legal status means you are authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a temporary or permanent resident". My understanding has been that holding an OWP achieves this. But as always with CIC, it's open to interpretation (specifically, from one call center agent to the next!)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hshi said:
Open Work Permit aka OWP IS a legal document. My wife used to travel back and forth between US and Canada using OWP without an issue.
It's not an issue of the OWP being a legal document, the issue here was regarding legal status because of the OWP.

Question:In the info about the OWP, it says: You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed on the documents. Please read them carefully. Note that this document does not confer temporary resident status.

Is this referring specifically to the AIP email letter? Or does it mean the OWP itself??

Because then further down in regards to Temporary Resident Status it says “ You must have legal temporary resident status in Canada to remain in the country legally. Having legal temporary residence status means you are in possession of a document issued by CIC which allows you to remain in Canada for the period of time specified on this document. This document may in the form of a Visitor Extension, work permit, study permit or temporary resident permit.”

Note the highlighted and underlined areas above.

To say that it's an oxymoron is an understatement!
If a person has been issued an OWP, why would that, in and of itself, not confer at least temporary resident status?