Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 21-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
Finally ACS! That must be such a huge load off your shoulders.
Congrats.

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 09 2013, CIC says: 21-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 21-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
Blackdisc said:
Friends

We got the AIP a few days ago, but did not send in a request for OWP during the spousal application. Can anyone advise us what form to fill and if there are any special instructions?

Thanks a ton in advance

BlackDisc
Try this link- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp#login
I made the mistake of filing a paper application because I could not figure out how to log in. Try that link and
Let us know if it works.

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Hi Inlanders,

I decided to check the copy of my Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in canada as worker that i have sent last year w/ my application.
so There a questions here,
IM APPLYING FOR ONE OR MORE OR OF THE FOLLOWING:
[x]I choose the work permit with same employer.[/b]
Did i do the right thing? now me move from edmonton to calgary and im not working since we move.
i should choose the [x] work permit with new employer? or any difference im still gonna get owp after AIP? PLS HELP

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
congratulations ACS, that went quick!!! very happy for you both :)

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
ACS said:
MY HUSBAND FIANLLLLLLY GOT THE AIP EMAIL, ORIGINALLY ISSUED NOV.17TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Arrived at 7:51am)
Congrats, ACS!!! I'm really happy for both of you!!

Abyssin

Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now in CTD-Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun 3, 2014
Med's Request
Sent with our App.
Med's Done....
Jan 28, 2014
ACS said:
MY HUSBAND FIANLLLLLLY GOT THE AIP EMAIL, ORIGINALLY ISSUED NOV.17TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Arrived at 7:51am)

(Although the date on the email is Dec.18th)

It also says his OWP has been approved and will be valid until 2017/11/18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOOOO

It just needs to actually arrive in the mail now!!!!!

FINALLYY!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Question:In the info about the OWP, it says: You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed on the documents. Please read them carefully. Note that this document does not confer temporary resident status.

Is this referring specifically to the AIP email letter? Or does it mean the OWP itself??

Because then further down in regards to Temporary Resident Status it says “ You must have legal temporary resident status in Canada to remain in the country legally. Having legal temporary residence status means you are in possession of a document issued by CIC which allows you to remain in Canada for the period of time specified on this document. This document may in the form of a Visitor Extension, work permit, study permit or temporary resident permit.”

So when we get the OWP in the mail, does that then mean REAL legal status, and not just implied?????

Thanks guys!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D
Congrats ACS !!! Christmas good news for your Family !!! :D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ACS said:
Question:In the info about the OWP, it says: You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed on the documents. Please read them carefully. Note that this document does not confer temporary resident status.

Is this referring specifically to the AIP email letter? Or does it mean the OWP itself??

Because then further down in regards to Temporary Resident Status it says “ You must have legal temporary resident status in Canada to remain in the country legally. Having legal temporary residence status means you are in possession of a document issued by CIC which allows you to remain in Canada for the period of time specified on this document. This document may in the form of a Visitor Extension, work permit, study permit or temporary resident permit.”

So when we get the OWP in the mail, does that then mean REAL legal status, and not just implied?????

Thanks guys!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D
His REAL legal status won't be restored until he has his CoPR document, which he will receive at his landing appointment.

Congratulatons!

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Ponga said:
His REAL legal status won't be restored until he has his CoPR document, which he will receive at his landing appointment.

Congratulatons!
So if I have a valid visitor's visa, get my owp but wont have copr before my visitor's visa expire, does that mean that i have to renew my visitor's visa even if i have owp. I know its ok to be on implied but in my case if i want to maintain Legal status? This might be a silly question but i guess its my time to post one. :)

LeBon

May 21, 2013
shyla36 said:
So if I have a valid visitor's visa, get my owp but wont have copr before my visitor's visa expire, does that mean that i have to renew my visitor's visa even if i have owp. I know its ok to be on implied but in my case if i want to maintain Legal status? This might be a silly question but i guess its my time to post one. :)
If you hold a valid open work permit, you have legal status in Canada - no need to extend anything else. You may need something to cover re-entry if you leave Canada but that would depend on your current citizenship. As a UK applicant I am able to go cross the border with my OWP and passport only.

I think Ponga was making a tongue-in-cheek statement (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) about "real status" being permanent rather than temporary.

xusagi

Dec 16, 2014
just a quick question here everyone, as we are seriously considering withdrawing our inland application to apply for outland

Situation:
- the applicant is currently on PGWP and expires november 2015, his visa also expires november 2015
- applicant is living and working in Canada
- based on historical data, outland processing time at home country Stage 1 & 2 is 9 months

Should we apply for outland? apparently our consultant says we can't do it because the applicant's work and home address is in Canada

Is this true? Thanks guys.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
xusagi said:
just a quick question here everyone, as we are seriously considering withdrawing our inland application to apply for outland

Situation:
- the applicant is currently on PGWP and expires november 2015, his visa also expires november 2015
- applicant is living and working in Canada
- based on historical data, outland processing time at home country Stage 1 & 2 is 9 months

Should we apply for outland? apparently our consultant says we can't do it because the applicant's work and home address is in Canada

Is this true? Thanks guys.
Of course you can outland. Doesn't matter if you live and work in Canada. I think I would withdraw and apply outland if you know outland will be quicker at this point. Outland processing times seem to be more consistent. Where is the applicant from?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LeBon said:
If you hold a valid open work permit, you have legal status in Canada - no need to extend anything else. You may need something to cover re-entry if you leave Canada but that would depend on your current citizenship. As a UK applicant I am able to go cross the border with my OWP and passport only.

I think Ponga was making a tongue-in-cheek statement (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) about "real status" being permanent rather than temporary.
I merely said REAL status, because that was how the question was worded. ;D

I'm not sure that having a valid OWP confers legal status for everyone, since a person without status can (in theory) receive an OWP after AIP. Their status isn't `legally' restored because of the OWP, but it does allow them to work in Canada. It seems crazy, but that's how I recall the earlier discussions around here.

*shrug*

xusagi

Dec 16, 2014
Linden said:
Of course you can outland. Doesn't matter if you live and work in Canada. I think I would withdraw and apply outland if you know outland will be quicker at this point. Outland processing times seem to be more consistent. Where is the applicant from?
He's from Mainland China =)

my concern is that i hear different things between the forum and our immigration consultant, and she was claiming that we wouldn't be able to outland since his work and home address are in canada..

very confused.

LeBon

May 21, 2013
Ponga said:
I merely said REAL status, because that was how the question was worded. ;D

I'm not sure that having a valid OWP confers legal status for everyone, since a person without status can (in theory) receive an OWP after AIP. Their status isn't `legally' restored because of the OWP, but it does allow them to work in Canada. It seems crazy, but that's how I recall the earlier discussions around here.

*shrug*
From the CIC website: "Having legal status means you are authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a temporary or permanent resident". My understanding has been that holding an OWP achieves this. But as always with CIC, it's open to interpretation (specifically, from one call center agent to the next!)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LeBon said:
From the CIC website: "Having legal status means you are authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a temporary or permanent resident". My understanding has been that holding an OWP achieves this. But as always with CIC, it's open to interpretation (specifically, from one call center agent to the next!)
Agreed! Calling the Call Center is anything but gratifying!

Technically, a person without status is NOT authorized to remain in Canada, but many are allowed to do so, because of their Inland applications. The OWP doesn't appear to change that, but it really should. I can understand it not authorizing re-entry though.