+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
woodyc said:
Hey RRSweet nothing from CPC-M yet. I called CIC at the start of November when we passed the 8 month timeline for stage 2 call agent said I should hear something by end of November. Nothing. So called back at end of November another agent said nothing has been done on my file since AIP in Feb she said she would send them a msg see whats going on. Called back last week they said that msg got looked at on Dec 1st by a agent so they started working on our file I guess.
Agent told me if we don't hear anything by Jan 15 2014 to call back.

So I guess i'll wait till then but who knows what they can even do if we don't hear anything by Jan 15th. I think the call centre agent just picked a random date out of his head.

I'll be surprised if they are still working now it's coming up to the holidays you know CIC love to get out of working any excuse to not process our applications

My situation is very similar to yours. The agent sent a SMS to the center last week and told me to call again if we have no news in 1 month. Do you think it is a good sign when an agent send a SMS to the center?

eklabooo

Dec 17, 2014
Hi to ALL,

I am new in this forum and currently have questions about spousal sponsorship. I am currently a Temporary Foreign Worker in Alberta, my work permit is valid until November 2015. I am engaged and planning to marry my fiance (Canadian Citizen) in 2 months through a civil wedding. After that he is planning to sponsor me via Inland Processing since we are already living together and I still have my status in Canada until Nov 2015. But when I read the topics here inland takes awhile to get a PR. My concern are the following:

- can we do inland processing as I still have a work permit good until Nov2015?
- if we get married and do inland processing can we go to the Philippines and get married again? Will it affect the inland process and my status as a Foreign Worker?
- which is the better thing to do? inland or outland despite of my current status in Canada.

Please feel free to reply and I will be waiting for your responses as I am worried what to do by February 2015 once I get married. Thank you!

-Kaye

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
alexandre1610 said:
My situation is very similar to yours. The agent sent a SMS to the center last week and told me to call again if we have no news in 1 month. Do you think it is a good sign when an agent send a SMS to the center?
Yeah it's better than your file just sitting in a pile not being looked at. The agent said it can take up to 3 months for anyone to even look at the msg but I think it took a week or 2 before the looked at the msg on my file. When I called back for a update the call centre agent said the agents started looking at my file on Dec 1st whether or not that is true thats a different story.

CherPare

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2015
eklabooo said:
Hi to ALL,

I am new in this forum and currently have questions about spousal sponsorship. I am currently a Temporary Foreign Worker in Alberta, my work permit is valid until November 2015. I am engaged and planning to marry my fiance (Canadian Citizen) in 2 months through a civil wedding. After that he is planning to sponsor me via Inland Processing since we are already living together and I still have my status in Canada until Nov 2015. But when I read the topics here inland takes awhile to get a PR. My concern are the following:

- can we do inland processing as I still have a work permit good until Nov2015?
- if we get married and do inland processing can we go to the Philippines and get married again? Will it affect the inland process and my status as a Foreign Worker?
- which is the better thing to do? inland or outland despite of my current status in Canada.

Please feel free to reply and I will be waiting for your responses as I am worried what to do by February 2015 once I get married. Thank you!

-Kaye
Honestly, you should apply outland. :) You can stay in Canada as long as it's being processed you'll just have to return to the Philippines if they require an interview.

Hopefully another member here can answer whether or not this will affect your work permit, which I don't think it will as I asked this question for my own spouse (Who's here with a PGWP so it could be different) and was told it wouldn't affect anything! :)

Although, the time is 15 months for the Philippines this is still much better than how long we've been waiting here for inland!! D:

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Here is what my MPs Office has to say about the pilot project:

"I just spoke with my CIC contact. She said the project is only in talks right now, there’s no concrete date when this project will be launched for submission."

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
woodyc said:
Yeah it's better than your file just sitting in a pile not being looked at. The agent said it can take up to 3 months for anyone to even look at the msg but I think it took a week or 2 before the looked at the msg on my file. When I called back for a update the call centre agent said the agents started looking at my file on Dec 1st whether or not that is true thats a different story.
Yes at least you can see the movement of your file. Hope we can get a good news on early next month, otherwise we have to call them again. If you want to make sure if they looked at your file for the real or not, just try to call again to talk with another agent. If s(he) says the same thing, it means that's true :)

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Guys,

The latest article. Comment away!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/new-husband-unable-to-work-in-canada-feels-forgotten-by-government-1.2877072
Here is your chance to tell CIC how frustrated you are!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
MY HUSBAND FIANLLLLLLY GOT THE AIP EMAIL, ORIGINALLY ISSUED NOV.17TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Arrived at 7:51am)

(Although the date on the email is Dec.18th)

It also says his OWP has been approved and will be valid until 2017/11/18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOOOO

It just needs to actually arrive in the mail now!!!!!

FINALLYY!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Question:In the info about the OWP, it says: You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed on the documents. Please read them carefully. Note that this document does not confer temporary resident status.

Is this referring specifically to the AIP email letter? Or does it mean the OWP itself??

Because then further down in regards to Temporary Resident Status it says “ You must have legal temporary resident status in Canada to remain in the country legally. Having legal temporary residence status means you are in possession of a document issued by CIC which allows you to remain in Canada for the period of time specified on this document. This document may in the form of a Visitor Extension, work permit, study permit or temporary resident permit.”

So when we get the OWP in the mail, does that then mean REAL legal status, and not just implied?????

Thanks guys!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
ACS said:
MY HUSBAND FIANLLLLLLY GOT THE AIP EMAIL, ORIGINALLY ISSUED NOV.17TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Arrived at 7:51am)

It also says his OWP has been approved and will be valid until 2017/11/18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOOOO

FINALLYY!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Question:In the info about the OWP, it says: You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed on the documents. Please read them carefully. Note that this document does not confer temporary resident status.

Is this referring specifically to the AIP email letter
? Or does it mean the OWP itself??

Because then further down in regards to Temporary Resident Status it says “ You must have legal temporary resident status in Canada to remain in the country legally. Having legal temporary residence status means you are in possession of a document issued by CIC which allows you to remain in Canada for the period of time specified on this document. This document may in the form of a Visitor Extension, work permit, study permit or temporary resident permit.”

So when we get the OWP in the mail, does that then mean REAL legal status, and not just implied?????

Thanks guys!!!

wow!! congrats ACS..!! anyway is he done with his medical..? i'm happy for you..!!

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
ACS said:

Is this referring specifically to the AIP email letter? Or does it mean the OWP itself??

Thanks guys!!!

congrats u wait for long time ~

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
CK07 said:
wow!! congrats ACS..!! anyway is he done with his medical..? i'm happy for you..!!
He did his medical June 3, 2013. We have not yet had request for an additional medical....

marlene250

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
Doc's Request.
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Done....
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
ACS said:

Thanks guys!!!

Waw ! finally .

Congratulation !

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
ACS said:

Thanks guys!!!

Yes! Finally ACS.. Congratulations, go and celebrate!

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Finally ACS! Congrats!! So happy for you!

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
ACS said:

Thanks guys!!!

Happy for you ACS hopefully ours coming too. :'( :'( :'( :'(