INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
SmithyLinds said:
Smsm81 said:
Did you apply for ATIP request?
[/quote

No i don't know what that is
You can apply through this link https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do
Its basically the notices that the officer made in your file... could explain why your file was transferred to local office.

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
Princess029 said:
Thanks to all of you guys who has been supporting us and for all the questions that I had to asked. So my husband (sponsor) and I ( applican) both received the emails. So is that full AIP? In my email is telling me that I can apply now for an OWP which is I did along with my PR applications. So should I just wait my OWP or call them and ask?
we have the same situation. I got my AIP last nov. 20th, i'm august 21 applicant. The day that we received the emails. I phoned CIC right away to let them know that i'd apply the OWP together with my application. The 1st call i did, the guy agent said that they haven't process it yet. And then last week i called again, a lady agent, look into my files and she said that they haven't process it yet. But she will give a call on her behalf to send the OWP right away and to let them know that i received the AIP. I wish she did what she told me coz' she sounds she's in a hurry. Anyway, try to give a call first thing in the morning so you'll know what's happening. Congrats btw.

AHBM

Mar 10, 2012
I got my OWP as well.. But I need some input here..

The final decision is taking so long, I need to leave the country and come back. What are the chances of this? Can I go home for 4-6 months and come back? My OWP is valid till next Dec.

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
Smsm81 said:
You can apply through this link https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do
Its basically the notices that the officer made in your file... could explain why your file was transferred to local office.
Thank you!!!
Also just noticed in E-Cas our application isn't even updated. Medicals were completed in July and it does not say anything about them being received.....that makes me nervous

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
SmithyLinds said:
Thank you!!!
Also just noticed in E-Cas our application isn't even updated. Medicals were completed in July and it does not say anything about them being received.....that makes me nervous
You can phone to confirm the medicals are received. Ours have never shown up but when you phone CIC they say they have them. Medicals will NOT be the reason if you are interviewed. Spousal sponsorship is exempt from the medical requirement, although they make you take them. Probably if you are interviewed before DM there is a question on your relationship. Either the information wasn't enough or you come from an area where there is forced marriages. Whatever don't sweat it. Since everything is changing they could be transferring your files for DM without telling you. Who knows now?

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
I got my AIP on December 1 so I phoned CIC yesterday regarding my OWP and the agent told me still on process and it could be done this month or next month. Like really?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
AHBM said:
I got my OWP as well.. But I need some input here..

The final decision is taking so long, I need to leave the country and come back. What are the chances of this? Can I go home for 4-6 months and come back? My OWP is valid till next Dec.
If you leave Canada for 4-6 months you can almost bet that your INLAND application will be considered abandoned. If you had to leave for a few weeks, perhaps you could pull it off, IF you are visa exempt.

Are you visa exempt? If you are not, risking leaving the country at all because you would need to get a visa to travel back would be very risky. They will likely deny your travel visa. OWP does not garuntee re-entry and is not a travel visa.

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:
If you leave Canada for 4-6 months you can almost bet that your INLAND application will be considered abandoned. If you had to leave for a few weeks, perhaps you could pull it off, IF you are visa exempt.

Are you visa exempt? If you are not, risking leaving the country at all because you would need to get a visa to travel back would be very risky. They will likely deny your travel visa. OWP does not garuntee re-entry and is not a travel visa.
I don't think that's entirely accurate.

I agree that it is risky to go into your home country and request for a travel visa as it may be denied.

However, after receiving your work permit, you can get a multiple entry visitor visa within Canada by applying to CPC-Ottawa. This ensures that you can re-enter Canada as many times as you want. Every International student with PGWP does that after getting their work permit and it take less than 14 days to get the travel visa.

Work permit is not a travel visa but allows you to get one (and a sticker in your passport) with which you can travel in-out Canada.

Of course, missing the landing interview or communication with CIC will cause cancellation of your PR application.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Hi everyone,

When we originally applied, i didnt include a copy of my Original Option C. Instead i included a letter explaining why i didnt include it in my application.

I have it in hand now. I'm a Sept 18 applicant so i'm probably a month or two away,....

What address do i send it to? Also, should i include like a letter or memo ? what else should i include?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
GS_Stud said:

I agree that it is risky to go into your home country and request for a travel visa as it may be denied.

However, after receiving your work permit, you can get a multiple entry visitor visa within Canada by applying to CPC-Ottawa. This ensures that you can re-enter Canada as many times as you want. Every International student with PGWP does that after getting their work permit and it take less than 14 days to get the travel visa.

Work permit is not a travel visa but allows you to get one (and a sticker in your passport) with which you can travel in-out Canada.

Of course, missing the landing interview or communication with CIC will cause cancellation of your PR application.
This might work quite well for students. The OP is a family class applicant inland. Leaving canada for long periods of time means you don't reside in Canada. Residing in Canada is a PRIMARY rule for inland applications.

It really is up to the OP, but for myself, I wouldn't risk the time I've already put into waiting unless I have the patience to then file an outland application if the Inland is cancelled. A multi entry visa listing on an inland application might just bring up more concerns than it would be worth to address. The UCI will remain the same, that never changes, so CIC will know he has applied for/received a multi entry if he is found eligible.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
bankerguy said:
Hi everyone,

When we originally applied, i didnt include a copy of my Original Option C. Instead i included a letter explaining why i didnt include it in my application.

I have it in hand now. I'm a Sept 18 applicant so i'm probably a month or two away,....

What address do i send it to? Also, should i include like a letter or memo ? what else should i include?
Do you have a UCI yet? If you have received your AOR it should have an file number and also a UCI. I would send it to the same address in Missisauga as the current inland applications. Include a cover letter stating that you did not inlcude your original option c at the time and you now have it and would like it attached to your file. Give them the UCI and file number. I would also go 1 step further and hand print the UCI and file number somehwere on the Option C in case it comes detached from your cover letter.

TorontoCouple

Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Interview........
15-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
GS_Stud said:

Well, it does NOT "ensure" you can re-enter Canada. It means you have the ability to re-enter... an officer can deny you entry for any reason they deem appropriate, and their own manual requires them to then notify CIC of this denial which automatically, by manual, forces your application to be cancelled.

So, there is definitely a risk even when you have a multi-entry visa... let's not lead people to believe it's guaranteed re-entry!

And yes, if you ask CIC centre about extended trips for 4-6 months, they state that the landing interview officer will have access to information about your length away from Canada and may decide to deny your application as abandoned - even if you show up on time to the interview as required...

So, it's definitely risky in all regards!

pari7896

Jun 9, 2014
Hello Guys,

I am August 26 Applicant. My husband got an email from CIC today:

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly.

And I got an email saying they need:

Proof of Relationship: Documents proving your relationship and co-habitation with your
spouse. This must be received at this office by: 2015/03/03

I am confused is it AIP or not? And for proof we have already submitted marriage certificate pictures tickets and all...Please help.