03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
ACS said:
So we are 4 days away from being 15 months on the ACTUAL processing times....because CLEARLY math isn't their strong point...neither is processing apparently....*sigh*
Don't worry guys, I have a feeling that once it actually does move (some have hinted at possibly in October), it will show a HUGE movement in progress. Think back to when they were updating a month every week. We already know that people from late August who have requested their notes show that their first stage is approved...this just means that they're probably just hoarding them all and will probably release AIPs like a flood once they get the go-ahead to do so! I just hope it's sooner rather than later! :)

Actually, now that I think about it...I remember someone a couple of months ago thinking it was crazy when the call center agent told them to expect something in October. Maybe that was the one agent that actually let some real information slip.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Well, just a technicality at that point I guess, but they look good at math to me, July 30th 2013 to September 30th 2014 = 14 months :p

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
Daizey said:
Don't worry guys, I have a feeling that once it actually does move (some have hinted at possibly in October), it will show a HUGE movement in progress. Think back to when they were updating a month every week. We already know that people from late August who have requested their notes show that their first stage is approved...this just means that they're probably just hoarding them all and will probably release AIPs like a flood once they get the go-ahead to do so! I just hope it's sooner rather than later! :)

Actually, now that I think about it...I remember someone a couple of months ago thinking it was crazy when the call center agent told them to expect something in October. Maybe that was the one agent that actually let some real information slip.
i totally agree with you~ i remember at Jan. we got huge movement in progress~ so i guess big wave should coming soon

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
beholder69 said:
Well, just a technicality at that point I guess, but they look good at math to me, July 30th 2013 to September 30th 2014 = 14 months :p
Oops...my bad. I'm loosing my math skills as well as my mind with all this waiting.

You are correct..14 months on the 30th not 15....it just feels like that long, and that's where it's headed at this point.

So I wonder if they really are just letting them all build up before they release a whole huge group of AIPs all at the same time...really frustrating to those waiting...but they probably feel they will look better to have the date jump up a huge bunch.

I would rather slow but steady progress...than huge jumps and nothing in between.....*sigh*

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
ACS said:
Oops...my bad. I'm loosing my math skills as well as my mind with all this waiting.

You are correct..14 months on the 30th not 15....it just feels like that long, and that's where it's headed at this point.

So I wonder if they really are just letting them all build up before they release a whole huge group of AIPs all at the same time...really frustrating to those waiting...but they probably feel they will look better to have the date jump up a huge bunch.

I would rather slow but steady progress...than huge jumps and nothing in between.....*sigh*
Lol, that's ok, I just hope we don't get to see "15", although we'll more than likely see 14 in a few days. I'd also prefer slow and steady process, can't but also hope they'll send lots of AIPs all together. Or at least pick the pace up...

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
CIC you all are so bad, update but still in July 30th

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
what happened in 2008? they returned people's applications? what happened exactly?

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princesultan said:
what happened in 2008? they returned people's applications? what happened exactly?
All the applications in the skilled worker category that was received prior to February 28, 2008 was returned to reduce the backlog from 420,000 to 160,000. Application fees were refunded.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
beholder69 said:
Oh, just noticed they updates the site. July 30th again...(of course)
OMG.....I should be used to it...but here I am at work with tears in my eyes again....I mean realistically I knew it wouldn't move since we haven't seen approvals, but I always still hope......*sigh*...

What a let down and disappointment...so much for Happy Friday :(

My BIIIG 3-0 birthday is coming up next week...Oct.2....was sure hoping for SOMETHING....no such luck I guess.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Before the transfer, the actual progress was ahead of the date on the website. So we'll probably have to hear of a significant number of approvals here first before the date starts moving ::)

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
ACS said:
OMG.....I should be used to it...but here I am at work with tears in my eyes again....I mean realistically I knew it wouldn't move since we haven't seen approvals, but I always still hope......*sigh*...

What a let down and disappointment...so much for Happy Friday :(

My BIIIG 3-0 birthday is coming up next week...Oct.2....was sure hoping for SOMETHING....no such luck I guess.
I know, it's sad...to think that back in January it was moving so fast I was hoping to hear something for Valentine's day! Now I'm just hoping we'll hear something before Christmas...

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Brazilian Canadian said:
All the applications in the skilled worker category that was received prior to February 28, 2008 was returned to reduce the backlog from 420,000 to 160,000. Application fees were refunded.

:eek:

I think I would just lose faith in this government and give up if that happened.

vortex

Aug 21, 2014
For sponsored spouses that are pregnant, no AIP, no provincial health coverage yet...
I seen this from a link within CIC's timeline page, something about women and child health and Canada's commitment:

"Prime Minister Harper hosted the Saving Every Woman, Every Child: Within Arm's Reach Summit in Toronto from May 28 to 30, 2014. At the Summit, the Prime Minister announced Canada's commitment of $3.5 billion to improve the health of mothers and children for the period of 2015–2020, supporting global efforts to end the preventable deaths of mothers, newborn and children younger than the age of five."

Question, what is exactly "arms reach"?
Are the pregnant spouses inland farther out than this ?

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
vortex said:
For sponsored spouses that are pregnant, no AIP, no provincial health coverage yet...
I seen this from a link within CIC's timeline page, something about women and child health and Canada's commitment:

"Prime Minister Harper hosted the Saving Every Woman, Every Child: Within Arm's Reach Summit in Toronto from May 28 to 30, 2014. At the Summit, the Prime Minister announced Canada's commitment of $3.5 billion to improve the health of mothers and children for the period of 2015–2020, supporting global efforts to end the preventable deaths of mothers, newborn and children younger than the age of five."

Question, what is exactly "arms reach"?
Are the pregnant spouses inland farther out than this ?

This sounds more like feel good programs to donate money to struggling countries and more pamphlets on healthy pregnancy in Canada. I know that in BC, if you heaven forbid have an emergency while pegnant (preterm labour, pre eclampsia, some other high risk situation), BC Women's in Vancouver will see you and will try to find funding for your bill.