+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

islandgirl25

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
SS.Kingston said:
Has anybody recently received DM?

My application has passed the 8 months mark for Stage 2. CIC Call centre just told me that since the overall 21-month processing time hasn't yet passed, I will have to wait.... But my application was received in March 2013... Why would the current processing time apply to my application?!

Does it make sense to anybody?

same boat! i just called and they aren't even accepting calls...what a joke!

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Hi Computergeek, there is one exception. If you travel to USA and return with valid Canadian Work permit, you are allowed to enter Canada without visa.

Thanks

computergeek said:
No type of work permit authorizes entry into Canada. That's the nature of a work permit: it authorizes the person to work in Canada. It does not authorize entry into Canada. Every work permit I've ever seen says right at the bottom: "***This does not authorize re-entry/Ceci n'autorise pas la ré-entrée***

Someone who is not visa exempt should obtain a TRV. These are issued (by CPC-O) for those already in Canada with a work or study permit. There's a lot of fear mongering in this area, and CIC discourages people from leaving, but CBSA (the agency responsible for actual enforcement) actually says in their own policy manuals that an officer should not refuse without reason. CIC's own manual (ENF 4: Port of Entry Examinations) indicates the level of documentation required for a refusal of someone with a valid visa.

Note also that someone with a valid work permit or study permit but an expired TRV must legally be re-admitted if they have only traveled to the US or St. Pierre et Miquelon.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
You know guys, my husband sent an email yesterday to CIC - MISSISSAUGA asking to issue my OWP based on my notes that I received. Anyways yesterday was Sunday and I was hoping someone is reading that email that has a good heart to care enough of what's in that email. But I think all of them are not helping us at all. I'm not even sure if they are going to reply on my husband's email. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm having head ache thinking about the situation everyday and hoping to get a good news. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to the global news to tell my story to them. But I don't think it's gonna help either. This is so sad.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
hshi said:
Hi Computergeek, there is one exception. If you travel to USA and return with valid Canadian Work permit, you are allowed to enter Canada without visa.

Thanks
He actually mentioned that at the end of his post ;)

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Princess029 said:
You know guys, my husband sent an email yesterday to CIC - MISSISSAUGA asking to issue my OWP based on my notes that I received. Anyways yesterday was Sunday and I was hoping someone is reading that email that has a good heart to care enough of what's in that email. But I think all of them are not helping us at all. I'm not even sure if they are going to reply on my husband's email. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm having head ache thinking about the situation everyday and hoping to get a good news. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to the global news to tell my story to them. But I don't think it's gonna help either. This is so sad.

I noticed that my notes also have the 1 on sponsorship eligibility but we haven't heard anything yet from CIC. We applied July 31, 2013. And the notes I requested back in June and again in august and same identical progress. None!

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Who is from Calgary here? I'm thinking maybe we should get together and go to the global news Calgary and ask for help. Do you think it's gonna work?

salman1985

Sep 22, 2014
Hi Guys

I just joined the forum today and this is my 1st post.I was hoping it would have been under happier circumstances but here goes :

We applied for our Inland Spousal Application in December 2013 and got the AIP in January 2014.

We are using a Lawyer to represent us. After the processing times went up to 13 months, we started asking him questions (The processing time was 9 months when we applied).Things took an ugly turn today and he got quiet rude with us.

My wife and I are thinking of changing our representative now. But we are just confused about the impact this might have on our application.

Is there any chance of our application being pushed further down the backlog barrel if we change representatives now? Or will there be no impact?

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
islandgirl25 said:
same boat! i just called and they aren't even accepting calls...what a joke!
Same here! In my case they told me they've been doing my background and security checks since april... long investigation, ah?

Disgusting, an image just came to my mind; A fat turd in his bureaucrat suit scratching his balls on his comfy chair, spilling a nasty hamburger all over the application file
-covered floor, while watching kid dy p*rn, letting the phone ring...

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
salman1985 said:
Hi Guys

I just joined the forum today and this is my 1st post.I was hoping it would have been under happier circumstances but here goes :

We applied for our Inland Spousal Application in December 2013 and got the AIP in January 2014.

We are using a Lawyer to represent us. After the processing times went up to 13 months, we started asking him questions (The processing time was 9 months when we applied).Things took an ugly turn today and he got quiet rude with us.

My wife and I are thinking of changing our representative now. But we are just confused about the impact this might have on our application.

Is there any chance of our application being pushed further down the backlog barrel if we change representatives now? Or will there be no impact?
Your representative makes an impact only on your wallet, not in the decisions CIC makes. Good luck!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lots of things going on in the Facebook page, more fun there than here. people even invited spouse of Chris Alexander there today and she replied.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
civic said:
Lots of things going on in the Facebook page, more fun there than here. people even invited spouse of Chris Alexander there today and she replied.
Ooohh I don't have a Facebook account and haven't been able to see it at all! What did she say?

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
lellen said:
Ooohh I don't have a Facebook account and haven't been able to see it at all! What did she say?
For those that don't use Facebook, this was her reply (I just included the main section that was her reply to the group):

Dear Eric and the rest of the group,

Being an immigrant myself who waited almost two years for my permanent resident status I am interested in your stories and feel of anyone for whom the process is difficult or slow. But I am only the spouse of the minster and have no authority or power to make a great difference in these matters.

My experience was that the system after all did work. I know that many people are working on making the process faster and better.

Warm regards,

Hedvig
Hedvig Alexander

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
What's the link to this fb group?

Daizey said:
For those that don't use Facebook, this was her reply (I just included the main section that was her reply to the group):

Being an immigrant myself who waited almost two years for my permanent resident status I am interested in your stories and feel of anyone for whom the process is difficult or slow. But I am only the spouse of the minster and have no authority or power to make a great difference in these matters.

My experience was that the system after all did work. I know that many people are working on making the process faster and better.

Warm regards,

Hedvig
Hedvig Alexander

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Daizey said:

Warm regards,

Hedvig
Hedvig Alexander
It is hopeful that she found the group, and that she said she will bring the issue to Chris. However, whether he will care... So far, it appears nobody cares about the stand-still in processing, except those who applied.

If nothing else, CIC should explain what is going on.

silenced25

Apr 10, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2013
REALLY IMPORTANT, NEED HELP

My family back home in New Orleans (US) need me. I am an October 2013 applicant and don't want to lose what i've waited so long to have. I was wondering if I could go home to Louisiana and wait there until i get AIP. Then my common law could mail me the work permit so I can come back across the border with legal documentation and won't get refused. Will this actually work? Is an interview required for stage 1 approval? I seem to see most people just getting notified via EMAIL or normal mail and not having to go for an interview until stage 2. If there any "holes" or concerns in this idea, please let me know as it is critical and my life is depending on it. Thank you.