+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
silenced25 said:
I currently have no legal status in Canada while waiting for my work permit/residence. I thought I was on implied but did not find out the truth until it was too late. Is it possible to get a visitor's visa right now while waiting for residence or would that just make things worse?
Apply for open work permit, write on the envelope please attach to permanant residence application, once they open the work permit they will send you an email saying you are now on implied status, its important to write them a small letter saying you did
Not know you can apply for it at the same time as your pr application, send this with registered mail, so you have a tracking number if you get in trouble with cbca show them your tracking number.

vaida

Oct 10, 2013
yata520 said:
hummm i think in here should be ok maybe 50/50 chance or lower coz silence willing to leave canada not by deport or ask to leave , then when come back to canada with visa and inland AOR should be fine ...
Yes, he's willing to leave voluntarily, but once the inland application is submitted you're not advised to leave at all. I know some ppl have no problem coming back into Canada even during inland, but just the whole situation that he's into sounds like a red flag to me, having no status, leaving the common law partner, waiting outside of the country for a work permit and only then come back... i don't know. Somebody even mentioned earlier this work permit alone is not for re-entry. I mean come on, some ppl are just looking for troubles like that and then blame the system after they get punished, doesn't make sense to me

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
vaida said:
Yes, he's willing to leave voluntarily, but once the inland application is submitted you're not advised to leave at all. I know some ppl have no problem coming back into Canada even during inland, but just the whole situation that he's into sounds like a red flag to me, having no status, leaving the common law partner, waiting outside of the country for a work permit and only then come back... i don't know. Somebody even mentioned earlier this work permit alone is not for re-entry. I mean come on, some ppl are just looking for troubles like that and then blame the system after they get punished, doesn't make sense to me
I think with a common-law partner application it is very risky. If you are not living together for anything more than a short vacation, you can lose your common-law status and then wouldn't even be eligible to sponsor, so if CIC found out then it could be a problem. If you are going to be outside of the country, I would say you would have to apply outland.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
To those who have extended their visitor's visa more than once, i have a question.
"Have you previously applied to stay or remain in Canada?"
Is this supposed to be a YES since i have extended once already? Am asking because this is where all the answers are supposed to be ideally no like asking criminality, health issues etc.

greg10

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Now I figured things out, coz when I extended my visitor visa last year I just asked for a year extension, to my greatest surprise they gave me three years extension lol, may be they already knew that this sponsorship process will gonna take longer :-(

vaida

Oct 10, 2013
AchankengCrawford said:
I think with a common-law partner application it is very risky. If you are not living together for anything more than a short vacation, you can lose your common-law status and then wouldn't even be eligible to sponsor, so if CIC found out then it could be a problem. If you are going to be outside of the country, I would say you would have to apply outland.
Absolutely agree!

peimum

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Summerside
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application, again on 08-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
silenced25 said:
Hey everyone, I am in need of serious advice as my very life is on edge.

I an October 3, 2013 applicant from the US who, like most people, expected about 7-9 months until I would be able to work. This delay has caused me to slip into some pretty bad depression and I have not been myself. My common law partner has not taken my depression well and has decided that she doesn't enjoy being around me anymore. I am trying my best to fix things but i am afraid I may have been too "gone" for too long to be able to fix it. While I am obviously devestated and my sanity is hanging by a thread due to possibly losing the person I love more than anything in this world, I am also afraid that the life I have worked so hard to have the past half decade may be in jeopardy. If it does not work out and she cannot sponsor me, my life as I know it in Canada will be just an unacheivable dream and everything I have waited so long for will have been just a tease. I guess what I truly am asking here is, if we are not able to fix our relationship....what other options would I have to become a canadian resident ASAP? I have been here for 5 years, school for one year, worked for 1 year, school for 2 years, then residence waiting for one year. As said before I am from the US and would have originally applied outland if I had known the mess that inland would be. Unfortunately I was not educated enough when I applied and now I am in this situation. Are there any other classes or any other ways that I could possibly apply and get residence? Anything at all?
This sounds like something my husband could have written. We applied inland almost a year ago (Hubby is from the states). Once hubby's temporary work visa expired, his employer was turned down for a renewal LMO. He has not been able to work since. He was issued a 2 year visitors visa. He has been a stay at home dad and homemaker. I feel awful for him because he wants so badly to provide for me and the kids, and basically feels emasculated. We all know he is depressed (including the family doctor) but he wont accept it. We fight a lot, and stress is high, but I am sure that is true of many people in the same boat (I know of quite a few). Is there hopes in saving the relationship? Skilled worker is a good option if you fit the bill.....

pookieee

Aug 24, 2014
greg10 said:
Now I figured things out, coz when I extended my visitor visa last year I just asked for a year extension, to my greatest surprise they gave me three years extension lol, may be they already knew that this sponsorship process will gonna take longer :-(
I am a January 2014 applicant and just extended my visitor visa. I asked two years but got extended only a year... Hmmmm..

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Start of a new week guys...I know we've said this before, but let's hope for the best! At least we know that they're at least doing something with Princess029's notes. Just makes me a bit angry to think that my first stage has been done for awhile and I could have had OWP by now.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Daizey said:
Start of a new week guys...I know we've said this before, but let's hope for the best! At least we know that they're at least doing something with Princess029's notes. Just makes me a bit angry to think that my first stage has been done for awhile and I could have had OWP by now.
Did you get your AIP Daizey??

Good on you for being positive...it's hard to do. I used to start every week with that hope, and I firmly believed every week that maybe just maybe it was ppl just not on the forum getting their AIP's and the date would move......I've sort of lost that positivity lately :( But it helps to see others have it! :)

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
ACS said:
Did you get your AIP Daizey??

Good on you for being positive...it's hard to do. I used to start every week with that hope, and I firmly believed every week that maybe just maybe it was ppl just not on the forum getting their AIP's and the date would move......I've sort of lost that positivity lately :( But it helps to see others have it! :)
I wish I had gotten AIP! Believe me, you will know when I do, I'll probably be going nuts. :p

Yes, we definitely need to keep the positivity! Being negative does nothing but hurt us even more, we have to keep up the hope. :)

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
Why is that every summer cic processing time line increases for every application... By mid fall it should be going fast again.. They scream of backlogs but systematically they are the one creating the backlog...prioritizing applications would surely leave the other slacking!...im just saying.

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
shyla36 said:
To those who have extended their visitor's visa more than once, i have a question.
"Have you previously applied to stay or remain in Canada?"
Is this supposed to be a YES since i have extended once already? Am asking because this is where all the answers are supposed to be ideally no like asking criminality, health issues etc.
I just applied last week and I answered with a 'yes'. In an attachment I wrote a small explanation about the slow process and that's the reason that i have to extend it again... Cause last year i really thought it would be all set and done by this time....

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
peimum said:
This sounds like something my husband could have written. We applied inland almost a year ago (Hubby is from the states). Once hubby's temporary work visa expired, his employer was turned down for a renewal LMO. He has not been able to work since. He was issued a 2 year visitors visa. He has been a stay at home dad and homemaker. I feel awful for him because he wants so badly to provide for me and the kids, and basically feels emasculated. We all know he is depressed (including the family doctor) but he wont accept it. We fight a lot, and stress is high, but I am sure that is true of many people in the same boat (I know of quite a few). Is there hopes in saving the relationship? Skilled worker is a good option if you fit the bill.....
We've had relationship difficulties because of this as well - I think my husband is feeling quite similarly to yours (but we have no kids, so he's just bored out of his mind). It's hard, but I am optimistic that we can make it through. It's hard on both partners, but it's not either partner's fault. No point being mad at each other when you can be mad at CIC. ;)

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This process can be extremely hard on a relationship. My common law partner and I have now been waiting over 18 months to get an interview so that he can get AIP and get an open work permit. It's very disheartening. We were planning to wait until his PR (which we thought he'd have by now and thought he'd have been working for a long time by now) to get married so that we could save up and bring his mother out but at a certain point we just gave up waiting and putting off our futures for the Canadian Government and their ineffective practices to deign AIP for us. It's great looking forward to our wedding but not being able to afford what we really wanted and his mother having to miss it is heartbreaking. I certainly hope we hear something before Christmas.