Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28 2014 (Inland AOR - CIC's mistake)
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Son's birth certificate request (Jun 11 2015)
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 3 2015. CoPR July 8 2015
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
Hi all - I'm just about ready to send my inland application. After reading posts on this thread, I'm having second thoughts. I told my husband maybe I should apply outland but remain in Canada and after 6 months go to the states for a day or two and come back. (States is my country of origin). My husband thinks it's too risky if I can't come back in especially since we have an 8 month old.

Anyway, I'm about to join this journey with you guys even though you all are way ahead of me. I've learned a lot from your posts. Thanks guys!

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greg10 said:
This whole process kills me, it's totally depressing :'( :mad:
I think we can totally go crazy during this process delays, it's depression and anxiety all together at the same time.
I have no clue what to do when I see no progress week after week, I just need to see they are working.... :(

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
freshman said:
Hi all - I'm just about ready to send my inland application. After reading posts on this thread, I'm having second thoughts. I told my husband maybe I should apply outland but remain in Canada and after 6 months go to the states for a day or two and come back. (States is my country of origin). My husband thinks it's too risky if I can't come back in especially since we have an 8 month old.

Anyway, I'm about to join this journey with you guys even though you all are way ahead of me. I've learned a lot from your posts. Thanks guys!
If you're in the States, I would 100% apply outland. If you come back in by land, the chances of you being allowed in are very high, especially if you're travelling with your husband. Also, you might get the PR done before you even get to six months!

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
AchankengCrawford said:
If you're in the States, I would 100% apply outland. If you come back in by land, the chances of you being allowed in are very high, especially if you're travelling with your husband. Also, you might get the PR done before you even get to six months!
Yes I saw outland processing time on spreadsheets. Outland processing time for 2nd stage on CIC website is pretty lengthy tho.

I do wanna apply outland but it's too risky in my case cuz I have an infant. If I wasn't allowed back in for some reason, either my husband or I would have to be apart from the baby for some time. Also hubby is strongly against taking that risk. He'd rather I sit and wait at home with the baby for I don't know 2 years? Well hopefully it's the right decision.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freshman said:
Yes I saw outland processing time on spreadsheets. Outland processing time for 2nd stage on CIC website is pretty lengthy tho.

I do wanna apply outland but it's too risky in my case cuz I have an infant. If I wasn't allowed back in for some reason, either my husband or I would have to be apart from the baby for some time. Also hubby is strongly against taking that risk. He'd rather I sit and wait at home with the baby for I don't know 2 years? Well hopefully it's the right decision.
You really should re-think your plan.

Most Americans are completing the ENTIRE process (sponsor approval AND the applicant's approval) in about 6 months. The majority of American applications are actually processed entirely in Canada (Mississauga for stage 1 approval, followed by Ottawa for stage 2). Generally, only those with `issues' (such as red flags concerning their relationship with their sponsor, criminal or excessive medical issues, etc.) are sent to NY or LA Visa offices, where the processing times ARE substantial.

It's very common for an American to apply with an Outland application, while they are `visiting' their sponsor in Canada. As long as you can maintain your legal visitor status (which seems easy enough to do, by requesting a visitor extension), you'd be DONE with the entire process sooooo much sooner than the first stage approval with an Inland application.

Of course, there are never any guarantees.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Scarlett_R said:
Hey guys, just a quick question... How do I order the notes you are talking about?

Thanks!
There is some more help:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.k8ddeqc5qnkx

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
Ponga said:
You really should re-think your plan.

Most Americans are completing the ENTIRE process (sponsor approval AND the applicant's approval) in about 6 months. The majority of American applications are actually processed entirely in Canada (Mississauga for stage 1 approval, followed by Ottawa for stage 2). Generally, only those with `issues' (such as red flags concerning their relationship with their sponsor, criminal or excessive medical issues, etc.) are sent to NY or LA Visa offices, where the processing times ARE substantial.

It's very common for an American to apply with an Outland application, while they are `visiting' their sponsor in Canada. As long as you can maintain your legal visitor status (which seems easy enough to do, by requesting a visitor extension), you'd be DONE with the entire process sooooo much sooner than the first stage approval with an Inland application.

Of course, there are never any guaranteed.
Hi Ponga,

Thanks for taking the time to share this interesting information.

So visitor extension application can be submitted while outland application is in process? Have you heard of people doing that?

I didn't think it was possible to ask to extend visitor status while I'm also asking them to let me immigrate here. I haven't looked into it or anything. It just sounds a little odd to me.

But I'm really interested to find that out.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
freshman said:
Hi Ponga,

Thanks for taking the time to share this interesting information.

So visitor extension application can be submitted while outland application is in process? Have you heard of people doing that?

I didn't think it was possible to ask to extend visitor status while I'm also asking them to let me immigrate here. I haven't looked into it or anything. It just sounds a little odd to me.

But I'm really interested to find that out.
Yes, it's being done all the time. You actually use your PR application as a reason to extend your visitor status, Outland is the way to go

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
beholder69 said:
Yes, it's being done all the time. You actually use your PR application as a reason to extend your visitor status, Outland is the way to go
And you can also mention you dont want to be away from your kid.

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
beholder69 said:
Really? Then it really is the way to go. I'm paranoid tho that something might go wrong and they'd tell me to go back and wait in the states. Basically I'm afraid of dealing with immigration. I find they have so much power and decisions can be different from officers to officers.

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
Linden said:
And you can also mention you dont want to be away from your kid.
Yes I definitely should mention that. Thank you

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
this is so ridiculous... approaching 14 months for us for stage 1.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princesultan said:
this is so ridiculous... approaching 14 months for us for stage 1.
14 Months is completely ridiculous, what are they possibly thinking at these processing centres....I imagine its just in 1 small room with 4 people in.... ffs