20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MiriMinBC said:
This is slightly distressing for those of us pregnant or sponsors with pregnant spouses still in limbo:
http://www.cicnews.com/2014/08/government-canada-citizenship-birth-provision-083672.html
Why would be it be distressing? The Sponsor has to be PR or Canadian in order to sponsor spousal PR. So if the baby was born in Canada, the baby would be Canadian by birth anyway by the one of the parent being PR and or Canadian.

The citizenship by birth right would still apply to those on spousal PR processing. It is those who are here on TEMPORARY visas that would lose the "citizenship by birth" rights if either parents of child are not PR / Canadian.

Screech339

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
what a joke... (i've been writing this exact same post for the past 4 fridays).

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smsm81 said:
You right guys.
I got confused in here. I recently read statement by either the minister or one of his deputies, dont have the source at this moment, stating that CIC processed 8% of the backlogs of citizenship application and their time frame was from Feb to August.
So does this mean there's a possibility staff was moved to citizenship backlog for the last 6 months?! And in September they will be back to Inland Sponsorship? It's so irresponsible to double the 1st stage, from all the PR branches, they would delay this one? The one we can't work, and can't many other things we all know.

Also, I'm sure would be much more considerable to communicate the delays during this time, instead of leaving us not knowing at all when to expect processing of the files. Last year with the strike, delays were also almost double, but at least we knew the reason.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
screech339 said:
Why would be it be distressing? The Sponsor has to be PR or Canadian in order to sponsor spousal PR. So if the baby was born in Canada, the baby would be Canadian by birth anyway by the one of the parent being PR and or Canadian.

The citizenship by birth right would still apply to those on spousal PR processing. It is those who are here on TEMPORARY visas that would lose the "citizenship by birth" rights if either parents of child are not PR / Canadian.

Screech339
So as long as one parent is Canadian or PR it's fine?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MiriMinBC said:
So as long as one parent is Canadian or PR it's fine?
I was addressing the concern of one of the posters over the link provided on how it would affect those pregnant awaiting PR sponsorship but haven't landed yet. If the new birth of citizenship was changed to citizenship of birth to PR / Canadian parents only, it would not affect her as her spouse would be Canadian or PR. Her child would have citizenship by birth anyway. So no worries.

Screech339

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
I was addressing the concern of one of the posters over the link provided on how it would affect those pregnant awaiting PR sponsorship but haven't landed yet. If the new birth of citizenship was changed, it would not affect her as her spouse would be Canadian or PR. Her child would have citizenship by birth anyway. So no worries.

Screech339
If the sponsor is a PR (NOT a Canadian citizen), how would a child have Canadian citizenship at birth?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Ponga said:
If the sponsor is a PR (NOT a Canadian citizen), how would a child have Canadian citizenship at birth?
This is in regarding to the link provided earlier what would happen if the "citizenship by birth" was changed to only given to children born inside Canada to PR or Canadian parents. This has nothing to do with children being born outside Canada to PR parents or to pregnant sponsors awaiting landing outside Canada.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MiriMinBC said:
This is slightly distressing for those of us pregnant or sponsors with pregnant spouses still in limbo:
http://www.cicnews.com/2014/08/government-canada-citizenship-birth-provision-083672.html
This is the posting I was addressing to regarding her concern if "citizenship by birth" was changed.

Screech339

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Ponga said:
My wife (PR) sponsored me last year and we had a baby early this year. She is Canadian by birth (got SIN even before she left hospital).

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robytheron5506 said:
Lol that's possible hopefully they don't own this forum
They don't own the forum. CanadaVisa seems to be owned by some independent law firm, not the government. But I suppose that wouldn't stop them from spying on us, considering the fact that the US National Security Agency admittedly does it all the time. Maybe Canada does the same thing too. Prospective immigrants to Canada are probably seen as a matter of national security, and spying is therefore justified in their eyes.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
If the parents are not a Canadian citizen and the child was born in Canada that does not mean the baby is going to be a citizen. Same thing as if the parents has only a visitors visa and giving birth in Canada so the baby is not a citizen but he/ she can apply for a visa as well but once the parents lost their legal status in Canada even the child has to go home with the parents and come back when the child turned to 18 and the she/ he can sponsor their parents back home as long as the child has high income to support them and to her/ himself. But yeah upon birth they are getting a SIN card but that doesn't mean they are a citizen.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Princess029 said:
If the parents are not a Canadian citizen and the child was born in Canada that does not mean the baby is going to be a citizen. Same thing as if the parents has only a visitors visa and giving birth in Canada so the baby is not a citizen but he/ she can apply for a visa as well but once the parents lost their legal status in Canada even the child has to go home with the parents and come back when the child turned to 18 and the she/ he can sponsor their parents back home as long as the child has high income to support them and to her/ himself. But yeah upon birth they are getting a SIN card but that doesn't mean they are a citizen.
I really don't think that it is an issue for us though here. Being sponsored, one parent is most likely already a citizen. I think they're mainly trying to stop people just coming to Canada for a vacation, having the baby, and getting the baby citizenship that way.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Daizey said:
I really don't think that it is an issue for us though here. Being sponsored, one parent is most likely already a citizen. I think they're mainly trying to stop people just coming to Canada for a vacation, having the baby, and getting the baby citizenship that way.
In the USA they are referred to as 'Anchor' babies. Even if the parents choose to not try to stay illegally, the child is now a citizen by birth and can later return for schooling or sponsoring the parents to come live as well. Talk about long term planning though, eh?

homeland2014

Aug 14, 2014
Hi,

Please add me to the excel.

Application submitted : Vegreville
Date application received : 11th October 2013
AOR via email : 05th November 2013
OWP : sent with application
meds/pcc : sent with application

Thanks