Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RRSweet said:
Nurse2012 and JohnnyP .. JohnnyP you hit it right on the head with that one... except they said if I don't hear in 3 months give us a call back LOL then another day we called they said we should hear something soon and that an email was sent to CIC-M. So basically.. it doesn't mean anything when they pass your date, because all they will tell you is they will send an email and if you don't hear back in some random period of time, to call back.

Reality is this ... the last AIP was given almost 3 weeks ago now. There is no reasonable excuse for them to not be working on these applications. We all determined months ago that the transfer from Vegreville to Mississauga does not take 5 months to complete. My notes stated that CPC-M received my app back in March...so it's been sitting and waiting and waiting for someone to work on all this time. I don't like to sum people up as one entity but honestly, these people gotta be the most unorganized, overpaid slackers I've ever been involved with in all my life!
It's so ridiculous that it's funny and sad at the same time. How can they tell you to call back in 3 months?!? Soon we gonna be calling and they will say to check back in 2015. People need their first stage done, you can not just process 2 files every 3 weeks... I still believe they gave them a raise after the strike and now they just fired a bunch of them, so now they have higher rate, but less people working, that's the same amount of money for the government, and a deficient work for us.

Cjohn

Mar 9, 2014
This would cross my mind like maybe once or twice a month! I'm from the Philippines and the processing time is longer but atleast I can work. My wife would always make me change my mind...

CherPare said:
Has anyone here ever considered withdrawing and applying outland instead? (For those who are still going to be waiting for a loooong time, of course!)

I have been entertaining the thought of maybe just pulling ours and sending it to the outland office (HK is currently 7 months. :eek: ) They received my app in December 2013 and this is the most painful wait EVER.

Cjohn

Mar 9, 2014
Sorry for this question guys but to those who submitted their application with the OWP, how long was the OWP released after your first stage approval?
And can anybody tell me what happens when you get approved for the first stage? Do they give you a letter or something?

Thanks!

nurse2012

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Jan 19, 2015
Brazilian Canadian said:
It's so ridiculous that it's funny and sad at the same time. How can they tell you to call back in 3 months?!? Soon we gonna be calling and they will say to check back in 2015. People need their first stage done, you can not just process 2 files every 3 weeks... I still believe they gave them a raise after the strike and now they just fired a bunch of them, so now they have higher rate, but less people working, that's the same amount of money for the government, and a deficient work for us.
Yeah, that's so ridiculous. They ask you to call back in three months. That agent really doesn't want to work anymore. He's telling us just sit and wait. I think the last update to July 30 was a lie. They haven't process July 29,30 yet.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Brazilian Canadian said:
You just need to add an Open Work Permit form to the Application Package, you also need to pay the OWP and send the receipt with your application. I just sent it in another envelope with a tag to indicate.
Thank you so much for the answer.
Can you please walk me through where i can get this specific OWP form that needs to be sent along with the inland app. Do I've to take a print out and fill this form? But if I've to fill it out will I've all the answers to it? Thanks again!!

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
CherPare said:
Has anyone here ever considered withdrawing and applying outland instead? (For those who are still going to be waiting for a loooong time, of course!)

I have been entertaining the thought of maybe just pulling ours and sending it to the outland office (HK is currently 7 months. :eek: ) They received my app in December 2013 and this is the most painful wait EVER.
then i think u should do it , coz for 1st stage really short and most of ppls in hk office get it done be4 7 months ~ and u feel less painful , coz right now inland really take long and u are not sure u will get dm after this long wait and gonna wait for landing letter etc etc ... so ya should jump out the boat be4 boat get down ... sorry ..@@... this my option

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Cjohn said:
Sorry for this question guys but to those who submitted their application with the OWP, how long was the OWP released after your first stage approval?
And can anybody tell me what happens when you get approved for the first stage? Do they give you a letter or something?

Thanks!
Base From this forum, ussually they got the OWP just 2-3 days after they got their AIP.

As of now, AIP and DM were received mostly by e-mail. Once you got your AIP you will wait until the CIC decide if the sponsor is approve or not (DM). Then wait again for the local office to contact you for landing interview.

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
jen1975 said:
It is almost a month since I got my decision made letter and I am still waiting on Montreal office.

I was told it will take 12 weeks, this is so stressfull, everyday I am hoping something will come in the mail.

Also yata520 do you know if we can apply for health card now or we have to wait until COPR ?
jen~ i ask alrdy~ we can't apply our health card yet have to wait until COPR, unless we have OWP then we can apply . so gonna have long wait to wait

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Radium said:
Thank you so much for the answer.
Can you please walk me through where i can get this specific OWP form that needs to be sent along with the inland app. Do I've to take a print out and fill this form? But if I've to fill it out will I've all the answers to it? Thanks again!!
I followed this link, that was the one sent to me by CIC agent when I was about to send my application.
Ignore the LMO and employer offer etc.. Just fill out everything you can.. add the documents required..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
yata520 said:
jen~ i ask alrdy~ we can't apply our health card yet have to wait until COPR, unless we have OWP then we can apply . so gonna have long wait to wait
Thanks you for this information,

I just hope we get our landing letter soon, you would think when you get DM everything is finish but the waiting is still long .......

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Looks like the 2014 Applicants are finally getting their AORs…..those from March are getting August 6th AORs…..wow…..

At least that is SOME movement…….hope we get AIPs and DMs rolling in too!!!!!!!!!!

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
jen1975 said:
Thanks you for this information,

I just hope we get our landing letter soon, you would think when you get DM everything is finish but the waiting is still long .......
hummm if take 6 weeks to get landing letter i will get it on aug 29 if 12 weeks then ... Oct 10 .... lol ...

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
yata520 said:
hummm if take 6 weeks to get landing letter i will get it on aug 29 if 12 weeks then ... Oct 10 .... lol ...

I wish it was 6 weeks, mines would have been next week.

12 weeks it will be mid September.

I was looking at different offices timeline and it looks like Montreal is the longest

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
jen1975 said:
I wish it was 6 weeks, mines would have been next week.

12 weeks it will be mid September.

I was looking at different offices timeline and it looks like Montreal is the longest
no ... i think Van is longest ..
PS: btw where is our twitter account ???