thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
bankerguy said:
Does anyone know if the Toronto Star published the story on INLAND PR applications ?? i was curios what the CIC's comments / response was to the slow down in processing times after moving the files to Mississauga.... really curious actually... the move was supposed to SPEED THINGS UP... instead its slowed down big time.
I believe it is being submitted today and should be out this week, possibly as early as tomorrow.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
God be with us said:
With all the information that I have gathered so far from this forum, it's basically to verify details. They ask a few questions to the sponsor and the Principal applicant and the COPR is then issued on that basis.

Hopefully all goes well tomorrow . Anxiety level is super high.

May God Bless Us All.

Thanks
I hope everything goes well tomorrow! I'm sure everything will be fine. :)

We will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
We wish you all the luck tomorrow.
Share your questions to all of us after if you can. May the god bless you and guide you on your interview.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
God be with us said:
Hey Alurra71,
Thanks so much for a prompt reply.

Apart from what I mentioned , my landing letter says, get all documents in original. I just hope these ones they are talking about.

I remember few people who have already landed were talking about address proof, is it for the sponsor or for both of us?

Sorry if m asking too many questions.

Thanks so much
No you won't need address proof. I think I remember the specific case you are talking about and that was because her husbands ID still had a previous address on it so they had two separate addresses which appeared funny to the VO. As long as your hubby's photo ID shows the current correct address don't worry about that. They will only ask you the standard 3 questions:

1. Have you been arrested?
2. Have you been convicted?
3. Do you have any dependents that are not listed here?

Congratulations and a hand shake, sign a paper and then, if this office does it, they will send you in to speak with someone about getting a permanent SIN. After you leave and have your COPR you should stop and get your insurances or anything like that updated so they move it from 'temporary' to permanent. It might not be necessary in the province you are in, but in Ontario I know it is. It was sufficient to just show OHIP my shiny new COPR to get my 'permanent' insurance card.

Best of luck to you tomorrow! :D

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi Allura, are this 3 questions above was for the sponsor or for the applicant?

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Hi Daizey, Princess029,

Thank you so much guy. You all are so supportive.

Your good news is coming too......

May God Bless Us All.

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Alurra71 said:
No you won't need address proof. I think I remember the specific case you are talking about and that was because her husbands ID still had a previous address on it so they had two separate addresses which appeared funny to the VO. As long as your hubby's photo ID shows the current correct address don't worry about that. They will only ask you the standard 3 questions:

1. Have you been arrested?
2. Have you been convicted?
3. Do you have any dependents that are not listed here?

Congratulations and a hand shake, sign a paper and then, if this office does it, they will send you in to speak with someone about getting a permanent SIN. After you leave and have your COPR you should stop and get your insurances or anything like that updated so they move it from 'temporary' to permanent. It might not be necessary in the province you are in, but in Ontario I know it is. It was sufficient to just show OHIP my shiny new COPR to get my 'permanent' insurance card.

Best of luck to you tomorrow! :D
Thanks you soooooo much, I feel much better now.

My husband's G2 licence shows the current address. And since he gave G test on Friday, so the updated licence will come in another week. We do have receipt for it with the same address. Will carry both.

Will surely apply for health card first. And yes, the letter does states that if I have sin no. I should carry cz they have a counter to issue permanent Sin no.

Just can't wait anymore.

Thanks soooooo much dear.

shilru

Jun 2, 2013
God be with us said:
Guys,

Tomorrow is my landing interview......damn nervous, just could not sleep last night :eek:

Please let me if there is any thing else I need to carry apart from the following-

For me- my passport, 2 photographs, OWP, temp. Sin no. Which I got last Friday, landing letter.

For my sponsor husband- passport, driving licence, pr card.

Also, please advice if there is anything else that we should keep in mind.

Thank u guys......

May God Bless Us All!!
i had my landing interview today at the etobicoke office.Lasted about 10 mts. The officer confirmed whether all the information on the CoPR is correct and asked me three questions (which all required 'NO' as the answer). Unfortunately the computer system for SIN # was down,so i could not get my permanent sin # today.Hopefully it will be fixed for your interview tomorrow. Good luck ..

shilru

Jun 2, 2013
Remember to take a document of yours too like drivers licence to prove that the address is same for you and your husband.

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
shilru said:
i had my landing interview today at the etobicoke office.Lasted about 10 mts. The officer confirmed whether all the information on the CoPR is correct and asked me three questions (which all required 'NO' as the answer). Unfortunately the computer system for SIN # was down,so i could not get my permanent sin # today.Hopefully it will be fixed for your interview tomorrow. Good luck ..
Awesome Shilru,

Congratulations.......m sure it must be such a relief for you guys.

Thanks so much for sharing.....

Only address proof I have is a print out of e-bank statement from a joint account. Hopefully that should should be enough?

Thanks dear

shilru

Jun 2, 2013
God be with us said:
Awesome Shilru,

Congratulations.......m sure it must be such a relief for you guys.

Thanks so much for sharing.....

Only address proof I have is a print out of e-bank statement from a joint account. Hopefully that should should be enough?

Thanks dear
Thanks God be with us.I think e-bank statement is ok.

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
God be with us said:
Guys,

Tomorrow is my landing interview......damn nervous, just could not sleep last night :eek:

Please let me if there is any thing else I need to carry apart from the following-

For me- my passport, 2 photographs, OWP, temp. Sin no. Which I got last Friday, landing letter.

For my sponsor husband- passport, driving licence, pr card.

Also, please advice if there is anything else that we should keep in mind.

Thank u guys......

May God Bless Us All!!
hi God be with us congrats on the good news and there is nothing to be nervous about for your interview tomorrow its gonna be very quick by what others have posted maybe 30 mins tops . They will be asking you just 3 questions then let you know bout your responsibility as a pr and ask your spouse if he wants to continue with the sponsorship. You will sign some papers your copr and thats it you will officially be a pr of Canada after less than one year so make sure that you sleep like a baby tonight because tomorrow is the beginning of the rest of your life. ;D ;D ;D ;D

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Just received my landing letter ;D finally!! Interview on the 27th June @ 8:15am. ;D

Congrats to everyone on aip, dm, landing and receiving their pr card

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
minime# said:
Just received my landing letter ;D finally!! Interview on the 27th June @ 8:15am. ;D

Congrats to everyone on aip, dm, landing and receiving their pr card
congrats are you landing at etobicoke?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Princess029 said:
Hi Allura, are this 3 questions above was for the sponsor or for the applicant?
The applicant. They usually just ask the sponsor if they are aware of what the sponsorship undertaking requires and do they wish to proceed. If your spouse is a funny one, like mine, he will mull it over for a few minutes trying to decide out loud if I am worth it LOL Thankfully, my landing officer had a sense of humour ;)