+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shinigamifall said:
I am planning on applying for Permanent Residency and sponsorship from my husband. I am currently on work permit which means I can apply for PR under CEC as well. I do not know which would work better and faster for me in terms of processing time. I have tried applying PR once under CEC and it was rejected because the job description stated on the letter from my employer did not match that of the NOC.

Any suggestions? Any immediate response would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Inland would take you at least a year and would require evidence of your marriage being genuine. No idea how that would compare to CEC PR timelines.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Ponga said:
Inland would take you at least a year and would require evidence of your marriage being genuine. No idea how that would compare to CEC PR timelines.
CEC is currently taking 13 months and the applicant is eligible for a "Bridging Open Work Permit" after CPC-S has issued AOR (~6 weeks).

It's also permissible to apply in both categories simultaneously, though that's twice the cost, twice the police certificates. They can't even use the same medical (family class is "excessive demand exempt" and CEC is not exempt).

watchnlearn

Jun 10, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I applied for inland spousal application in July 2013 and CIC started processing on August 14, 2013. My husband received a letter in March 2014 (approximately as there is no specific date on the letter) that said his application has now been transferred to our local city immigration office. The letter also gave my husband his own client ID number so now he can access CIC application with his own name. What does this mean? Was this the AIP letter because when we both check online respectively it says 'In Process.' Essentially, its almost 11 months now and we have not heard from CIC again. I've heard that Vegreville usually sends stage 1 approval before file is moved to local city. We did not receive any notification from Vegreville (besides that one letter) yet and our file was moved straight to local city. Is it possible to receive stage 1 and 2 approval around the same time? I thought that the OWP (which we applied for with original app) arrived within 6-8 months of application process starting. Additionally, we did not send the pcc/medical with our original application. Appreciate all answers.

Thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
watchnlearn said:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I applied for inland spousal application in July 2013 and CIC started processing on August 14, 2013. My husband received a letter in March 2014 (approximately as there is no specific date on the letter) that said his application has now been transferred to our local city immigration office. The letter also gave my husband his own client ID number so now he can access CIC application with his own name. What does this mean? Was this the AIP letter because when we both check online respectively it says 'In Process.' Essentially, its almost 11 months now and we have not heard from CIC again. I've heard that Vegreville usually sends stage 1 approval before file is moved to local city. We did not receive any notification from Vegreville (besides that one letter) yet and our file was moved straight to local city. Is it possible to receive stage 1 and 2 approval around the same time? I thought that the OWP (which we applied for with original app) arrived within 6-8 months of application process starting. Additionally, we did not send the pcc/medical with our original application. Appreciate all answers.

Thanks
it sounds more as if they have concerns about the validity of your relationship and have moved the file to the local office to await an interview. I'm sorry, but it sounds as if you are in for a much longer haul because once it has been moved to a local office for interview, it is removed from the standard processing timeline.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
watchnlearn said:
Generally, when they move a file to a local office prior to AIP it is because there are issues with the sponsor (e.g., if they think the sponsor might not be eligible) or if there are concerns about the legitimacy of the relationship.

From IP 2 ("Roles of local CIC Offices") Section 7.2:

• investigate criminal eligibility issues related to applicants under the spouses and common-law partners in Canada class and applicants applying under humanitarian and compassionate provisions*;
• investigate criminal eligibility issues or other sponsorship details*;
• initiate interviews with sponsors and applicants, when necessary;
• determine applicants’ eligibility once investigation is complete and grant or refuse permanent residence in accordance with delegated authority;
• complete the processing of all applications received directly from applicants or via CPC-V under the Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class or humanitarian and compassionate provisions.
If you want to know why they transferred the file, you should order electronic case notes. That will indicate why it was transferred to a local office.

As Alurra71 pointed out, this means you are no longer on the standard timeline. Some offices (e.g., Calgary) have 18 month waiting times before an officer even reviews the file.

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
watchnlearn said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks
i think u ar from mississauga right ? so this is very normal , cpc-V trans all file to cpc-m i think application after June25 2013 , so yes~ u still need to wait or u have to call CIC call center

watchnlearn

Jun 10, 2014
computergeek said:
If you want to know why they transferred the file, you should order electronic case notes. That will indicate why it was transferred to a local office.
How would I go about getting electronic case notes? Is there some sort of forms I need to send or an online application?

i think u ar from mississauga right ? so this is very normal , cpc-V trans all file to cpc-m i think application after June25 2013 , so yes~ u still need to wait or u have to call CIC call center
Yes, I am in fact from Mississauga. Were you or anyone you know in a similar situation? Because this could mean that we are still in the regular inland application stream.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
If there isn't a move forward in the processing time today or tomorrow, it's going to have to jump up to 11 months, which will be the same as it was during the strike.

Today makes it exactly one year since my partner and I came to Canada (9 months 20 days since we applied).

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
watchnlearn said:
How would I go about getting electronic case notes? Is there some sort of forms I need to send or an online application?

Yes, I am in fact from Mississauga. Were you or anyone you know in a similar situation? Because this could mean that we are still in the regular inland application stream.
Okay, because you're from Mississauga you don't have to worry. You haven't been removed from the normal stream and CIC likely doesn't have worries regarding your relationship. At this point, applying for your case notes will not be productive (they will probably be blank). The confusion came because you mentioned it was transferred to your local office, but what happened is that all inland applications are now being processed in Mississauga, not Vegreville. Almost everyone still waiting on AIP received the same letter saying their file was transferred to Mississauga. It just looks like it was transferred to your local office because that's where you happen to live. The letter was not AIP and really doesn't mean anything except for that your file hasn't been lost. No need to panic. Just keep waiting.

watchnlearn

Jun 10, 2014
AchankengCrawford said:
Okay, because you're from Mississauga you don't have to worry. You haven't been removed from the normal stream and CIC likely doesn't have worries regarding your relationship. At this point, applying for your case notes will not be productive (they will probably be blank). The confusion came because you mentioned it was transferred to your local office, but what happened is that all inland applications are now being processed in Mississauga, not Vegreville. Almost everyone still waiting on AIP received the same letter saying their file was transferred to Mississauga. It just looks like it was transferred to your local office because that's where you happen to live. The letter was not AIP and really doesn't mean anything except for that your file hasn't been lost. No need to panic. Just keep waiting.
Thank you for the clarification! That's certainly a relief to know and I'm a lot less panicked now :). Are you aware of the processing times for people whose applications were opened in August 2013 (Or summer 2013 in general)? I'm just curious how long it's taking these days.

watchnlearn

Jun 10, 2014
Actually, just noticed the google spreadsheet link in your signature for 2013 applications so that's given me a rough estimate. Quick question though, I noticed a lot of people submitted their pcc and medical files with the application - weren't they asked to resubmit these papers since most of them have a 6 month to 1 year expiry?

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
watchnlearn said:
Actually, just noticed the google spreadsheet link in your signature for 2013 applications so that's given me a rough estimate. Quick question though, I noticed a lot of people submitted their pcc and medical files with the application - weren't they asked to resubmit these papers since most of them have a 6 month to 1 year expiry?
I think, could be wrong, that depends on your country of origin. I have to wait for CIC to ask for the PCC after stage 1 basically, but was able to send my medicals with the application, the risk with that is that they are only valid for a year. In my case, they will expire at the end of June so kind of hoping they don't ask for them again. I have read in some cases, and depending on the officer assigned with your case, they might extend the medicals for a few weeks. I have also read that they don't always ask for PCC, but not sure if that's correct. I'm a July 30 2013 applicant so very similar to you, have not heard anything yet. I did call CIC last week and they said I could expect something in 2/3 weeks but who knows. Good luck to all of us!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
watchnlearn said:
With PCC as long as you submit them within 90 days of their issue they are good for as long CIC processes your application.

Medicals are valid for a year and can expire while waiting for CIC. Though as some people have mentioned CIC in some cases will extend the medicals.

You could do your medicals and PCC now and try to get CIC to link them with your current application. This would save time for you on stage 2 processing though sometimes CIC can have issues linking the documents. If you take a look at the spreadsheet again you can see some people submitted their medicals after AOR. Good luck!

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Order your FOSS notes ASAP! When a file gets transferred to local office without AIP then that means there are concerns about the application (usually the relationship) and you are no longer being processed normally. Your wait time could be 2-3 times longer than those that did NOT get transferred without AIP.Transferring to local office without AIP oftentimes require you being interviewed and then they make AIP decision after.

watchnlearn said:
Thank you for the clarification! That's certainly a relief to know and I'm a lot less panicked now :). Are you aware of the processing times for people whose applications were opened in August 2013 (Or summer 2013 in general)? I'm just curious how long it's taking these days.