18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
I think for all the hardship that an immigration process can put a couple through, it makes us stronger! It puts us through all the hard times that many couples never experience at all or until later in marriage, we get to deal with these things first so that we know what we can handle as partners. I would have never even begun to understand what immigration was like before we started on this journey to ensure a future together. I have a new respect for others who go through it as well - especially outland couples.

Danib, I know they're just words, but you are not useless. :) Your hubby wouldn't go through this is he didn't care for you. I'm lucky that my husband was able to work while the papers are going through for him, but I would have worked 3 jobs if I needed to in order to support us. What you can do, is you can help with budgeting groceries and "price-matching". It will make you feel more involved in finances, this is what makes me feel better at times. If you shop at Wal-Mart, everything is much cheaper and they will price-match other stores. I don't have a very good job and the hours are now few and far between, I'm looking for another job but in the meantime, I'm budgeting groceries and saving us money where I can.

If couples can make it through the immigration process, I'm confident that they can make it through anything!

:p

Beautiful Mrs_Canuck, thank you very much for your words!! There is a bunch of tears in my eyes right now :)
Thank you for your support!! it is very important to know that we are not alone in this journey and there is somebody else that really understand our insecurity.
Wish you the best ever!!

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
how worst it could be im not working, my wife is pregnant expecting a baby very very soon and living of E.I and both credit cards!!...sometimes i feel like taking my family back to my country where we can both get a job but having the canadian dream seems to be a nightmare for now...God turnaround is what we pray for.

Sacha2014

Feb 27, 2014
shyla36 said:
I know how you feel. Ive been feeling a bit down lately after this slow down in processing. I feel that our lives is put on hold and it has been very humbling for me. My hubby has been very supportive. He has been trying to work overtime to have extra $$$. Sometimes he feels really bad when he sees me so sad. Even his friends cant understand why I cant work. Then I had to explain. I know we will soon be there but the agony of waiting, sometimes just kicks in, and hits me a bit hard. Anyway, i remain optimistic. I pray a lot. I pray for all of us here who just want to have and love a normal life here in Canada.
I am in the same boat. I moved to Montreal to finish school in 2012 and got married in May 2013. I was hopping that i could jump right into the work force but, the wait has been hard on my wife and I. I figure that if we can make it through this we can make it through anything. I am just keeping busy and being a good husband by being supportive. I hope that after I get accepted for phase 1 my open work permit comes soon after. I don't know if i could stand another 3 months in limbo.

My_new_username

Oct 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
My favorite thing is when someone says to me, oh you don't have nothing to worry about now when you're got married, now everything is great. :D Oh yes nothing to worry, not having heath insurance, open work permit (fortunately I am able to work for 2 more months on closed work permit, but not very happy with my job). Not being able to start family or plan anything. Saying yes, solved all my problems. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
Mrs_Canuck said:
I think for all the hardship that an immigration process can put a couple through, it makes us stronger! It puts us through all the hard times that many couples never experience at all or until later in marriage, we get to deal with these things first so that we know what we can handle as partners. I would have never even begun to understand what immigration was like before we started on this journey to ensure a future together. I have a new respect for others who go through it as well - especially outland couples.

Danib, I know they're just words, but you are not useless. :) Your hubby wouldn't go through this is he didn't care for you. I'm lucky that my husband was able to work while the papers are going through for him, but I would have worked 3 jobs if I needed to in order to support us.
So true! My wife took a job in the oil fields to make sure we can get through this. I've often said that we really know what we mean to each other after this whole process and we know we can make it through anything because we've stayed together through this and are even more in love than we were before.

Frignanij

Oct 21, 2013
Cirene said:
Gracias Frignanij.. Ya pronto será tu turno! Eres el 3er Venezolano en este topic :D! When did you apply?
I applied in September 16, 2013 so a few moths more !!! I was always looking for your AIP and finally you got it ! tomate unas frias por mi jaja

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
lauraks said:
Congratulations Guri!! I was there too!!!! I may have seen you and didn't even know it! Were you there alone?

I wish I had known about the SIN thing. We hadn't applied for the SIN before and asked about it during the interview.. now we're worried because it will be another few months of waiting until the PR card arrives! Can you keep us updated on what you find out?
Lauraks, I landed on 25th, one day before you. I am not able to apply for permanent SIN until I receive the PR card. However, those who are from visa exempt countries will be able to get it right away.
Thanks everyone for your wonderful wishes and kind words, I hope everyone's journey ends soon without any obstacles.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
guri3577 said:
Lauraks, I landed on 25th, one day before you. I am not able to apply for permanent SIN until I receive the PR card. However, those who are from visa exempt countries will be able to get it right away.
Thanks everyone for your wonderful wishes and kind words, I hope everyone's journey ends soon without any obstacles.
Interesting I wonder why it would be different for people from visa exempt countries?

NatashaP.

Oct 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
08-05-2013
Interview........
04-03-2014
corbs said:
Still not received my landing letter from Etobicoke. Did any one else who moved have it sent to there old address by mistake?
I think that you shouldn't be worried. We received our AIP and DM on January 28th and just yesterday received letter regarding landing interview - it has been scheduled for March 4th (Etobicoke office).

NatashaP.

Oct 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
08-05-2013
Interview........
04-03-2014
My_new_username said:
My favorite thing is when someone says to me, oh you don't have nothing to worry about now when you're got married, now everything is great. :D Oh yes nothing to worry, not having heath insurance, open work permit (fortunately I am able to work for 2 more months on closed work permit, but not very happy with my job). Not being able to start family or plan anything. Saying yes, solved all my problems. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
O-ho! Taman kad sam gotova pojavio se netko ''domaci''! Ja sam prezivjela i njihov (imigracija) strajk i cekanje od 10+ mjeseci i konacno imamo landing interview u utorak. Jos ti je sreca sto mozes raditi jer ja vec skoro godinu dana zivim bez zdravstvenog, posla... Kao teski parazit! Zapravo sam ti htjela dati koju rijec podrske... Ali i ne zvuci bas tako :( Kaj da ti velim - nadam se da ce nastaviti ovim tempom i da neces dugo cekati na OWP, a u konacnici i na PR. Ovu zadnju godinu ne bih pozeljela ni najgorem neprijatelju! Sretno od srca!

NatashaP.

Oct 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
08-05-2013
Interview........
04-03-2014
guri3577 said:
Guri, congratulations! What did they tell you - when should you receive your PR Card?

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Daizey said:
I can sympathize, completely. I've actually been here with my husband (then still boyfriend) since November 2012, and waited until after we married to file our paperwork in the first week of June 2013. Because of an error on our paperwork, it was then pushed back to the received date of August 2013...so I'm definitely getting very antsy. Not working is killing me, seeing my husband struggle with providing for us both, and even taking on my previous debts while I'm out of work. Not to mention we're wanting to get started on a family, but don't want to start until after I have health coverage. I'm stuck at home most days, missing my family and friends, feeling pretty useless, and while I wouldn't want to be without my husband, this time is very hard for us. And this halt in progress with CIC is definitely not helping, after getting excited at how fast they were moving a few weeks ago. I just have to keep telling myself it will get here someday, but until then it's taking it's toll on me!
Hi Daizey. Where are you from If you dont mind me asking. If youre from AB, you know that you are eligible for health coverage as long as your visitor visa is still valid. In nova scotia, its even less strict as i know you jus have to have AOR. Just hoping that you might be eligible?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
shyla36 said:
Hi Daizey. Where are you from If you dont mind me asking. If youre from AB, you know that you are eligible for health coverage as long as your visitor visa is still valid. In nova scotia, its even less strict as i know you jus have to have AOR. Just hoping that you might be eligible?
I'm in Calgary and while my TRV was still valid I went to a registry with my husband, show them my status in Canada and my marriage certificate and they put me under my husband's coverage.. it took them like 24 hrs to give me the Healthcare number and 4 days to receive the Card on the mail.. but when you current TRV expires, your Health Care Card will be deactivated.. Until you provide them with a new legal status, it will remain that way..

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Frignanij said:
I applied in September 16, 2013 so a few moths more !!! I was always looking for your AIP and finally you got it ! tomate unas frias por mi jaja
Aww thank you! :D it was a long wait but I got AIP, DM and OWP :D Hacen falta unas soleras verdes hehe!

lauraks

Nov 20, 2013
Daizey said:
I can sympathize, completely. I've actually been here with my husband (then still boyfriend) since November 2012, and waited until after we married to file our paperwork in the first week of June 2013. Because of an error on our paperwork, it was then pushed back to the received date of August 2013...so I'm definitely getting very antsy. Not working is killing me, seeing my husband struggle with providing for us both, and even taking on my previous debts while I'm out of work. Not to mention we're wanting to get started on a family, but don't want to start until after I have health coverage. I'm stuck at home most days, missing my family and friends, feeling pretty useless, and while I wouldn't want to be without my husband, this time is very hard for us. And this halt in progress with CIC is definitely not helping, after getting excited at how fast they were moving a few weeks ago. I just have to keep telling myself it will get here someday, but until then it's taking it's toll on me!
I just wanted to respond to you because this really struck a chord. In fact I had tears in my eyes reading this because I know exactly, exactly how you feel and it sucks. We have just finished with the process as of yesterday and I want you to know, there will be a time in the not-too-distant future where it will all be behind you. When I was in the same spot you were I felt like it would never, ever end... but it will. I promise. Be strong, take it day by day, and soon enough all of those days will turn into months and before you know it this will all be behind you. Hang in there.