Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
Banker guy, I would go ahead and redo the medical.

colivia

Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
23-01-2013
Interview........
not requested
VISA ISSUED...
AIP & DM: 21-01-2014
Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 201the legit3

Hi everyone, first of all, I'd have to say THANK YOU to all of you for all the ongoing support and information :-* I've finally landed @ Vancouver office today

My appointment was at 1pm and husband and I arrive around 12:40.. handed in my receipt and the appointment letter to the security lady that was standing at the front desk, we were asked to take a seat and wait. the office was filled with people. closer to 1pm, an officer announced everyone who's there to become permanent resident today would have to go to the room next door where he's going to do a presentation. The officer was really nice and he went through what's going to happen next and a slide show of becoming a PR and when we'd be able to become a citizen, information if we need help (there's also a volunteer from MOSAIC that was presented)... this took about an hour as the office talked for quite some time (he's super nice though)

luckily husband and I paid for 2 hours parking...

after the presentation was done, we were asked to show the photos before seeing the officer for the PR confirmation, some guy was sent out to re-do his photos as his was too big (there was a costco right around the block).. MAKE SURE YOUR PHOTOS ARE THE CORRECT SIZE!

we're back to the main room waiting for our names to be called.. apparently there were about 50 people landing today, we waited for about half an hour and my name was called. same officer who gave the presentation called my name :) He asked me some the 3Qs : crime? deported? child? and he CONGRATULATED me as I have just become a PR of Canada.

he gave me the Charter of Rights and the landing paper and reminded me not to loose this landing paper because this is an important piece of paper when I need to apply for pension when I turn 65.

Let's just hope new legislation won't pass so we can become Citizen in 2 years instead of 4!

hope this helps =)

ps: I called CIC ahead of time and asked if my husband needed to be there, they said he needs to be present. Officer did not ask him for any information nor did he ask us to show any documents that shows our current address.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012

colivia said:
Hi everyone, first of all, I'd have to say THANK YOU to all of you for all the ongoing support and information :-* I've finally landed @ Vancouver office today

My appointment was at 1pm and husband and I arrive around 12:40.. handed in my receipt and the appointment letter to the security lady that was standing at the front desk, we were asked to take a seat and wait. the office was filled with people. closer to 1pm, an officer announced everyone who's there to become permanent resident today would have to go to the room next door where he's going to do a presentation. The officer was really nice and he went through what's going to happen next and a slide show of becoming a PR and when we'd be able to become a citizen, information if we need help (there's also a volunteer from MOSAIC that was presented)... this took about an hour as the office talked for quite some time (he's super nice though)

after the presentation was done, we were asked to show the photos before seeing the officer for the PR confirmation, some guy was sent out to re-do his photos as his was too big (there was a costco right around the block).. MAKE SURE YOUR PHOTOS ARE THE CORRECT SIZE!

we're back to the main room waiting for our names to be called.. apparently there were about 50 people landing today, we waited for about half an hour and my name was called. same officer who gave the presentation called my name :) He asked me some the 3Qs : crime? deported? child? and he CONGRATULATED me as I have just become a PR of Canada.

he gave me the Charter of Rights and the landing paper and reminded me not to loose this landing paper because this is an important piece of paper when I need to apply for pension when I turn 65.

Let's just hope new legislation won't pass so we can become Citizen in 2 years instead of 4!

hope this helps =)

ps: I called CIC ahead of time and asked if my husband needed to be there, they said he needs to be present. Officer did not ask him for any information nor did he ask us to show any documents that shows our current address.
Congrats . :)
You are among the few lucky who got their files done fast. Good luck being Canadian :)

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
Good Morning All,

I am just worried now, we have not gotten our landing interview date from Etobicoke office. DM was received on Jan 22nd.

Has anyone here gotten anything from the Etobicoke office recently.. Any help is much appricated.

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Hi all,
I know there are not many PR's left on the forum, since they all moved on with their cool lives and such ;)
But if there are any, I was wondering if anybody knows if you are allowed to travel with your CORP?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Rita27 said:
Hi all,
I know there are not many PR's left on the forum, since they all moved on with their cool lives and such ;)
But if there are any, I was wondering if anybody knows if you are allowed to travel with your CORP?
No, your COPR is NOT a travel document and it is printed directly on it. The only way you can kind of 'use' it as such is for travel through a land border between Canada / US in a personal vehicle.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Good morning, all!

It's the middle of the week and I hope that we hear some more good news for people soon! :)

Question: If the process for DM has already started and our medicals expire after they've already started the process, do you think they'll ask for us to redo the medicals? We really really don't want to spend the extra money to get everything done all over again. :/

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014

colivia said:

hope this helps =)

Colivia,

Congratulation on becoming a PR.

Yslandgurl

Jan 21, 2013
Hi All,

I finally had my landing interview in Ottawa praise the Lord! My interview went smoothly. The officer asked for my husband's 2 IDs and I was asked 3 questions regarding criminal record or offense, dependents aside from what is listed, and if ever been denied application in the past. After answering no to all 3, I heard 'Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada". It was a beautiful feeling! I was given a list of agencies and info on where to get SIN, OHIP, etc and was finished in less than 15 minutes. The wait was longer ( I waited at least almost an hour) than the interview proper! The original PR card will be mailed and it takes about 2-4 weeks to arrive the lady officer said.

Here are some tips I like to share: If you are scheduled at the CIC Ottawa for Interview, pls check online ahead of time where you are coming from in relation to the CIC address because Catherine Street is a busy 1-way street. You don't want to miss the turn to the building parking lot for being in the wrong lane. Also, please come at least 1 hour ahead of your schedule. The parking space next to the building is quite small I guess just for about 50 cars parking. My husband had to drop me by the curve because the parking lot was closed with a 'FULL' sign at 7AM-my schedule was at 8:30am. He got lucky on the next turn at the block when a car left and there was a vacant space at the lot. When I got in at 7am, there was already a line forming. The PR landing interview office is right to your left on the ground floor as soon as you enter the main door. There is another CIC office on the upper floor but that is for citizenship processing only. In my landing interview letter, it was specified that pictures are to be taken at the exact size asked for by the CIC, and most importantly that the photographer does NOT CUT the photos. I was unsure about what it meant and decided to play it safe. I had 2 of the photos cut from the photo paper sheet, and the rest I asked to leave them uncut, with the dates stamped on all the pics. It turned out, the officer cut the photos herself from the 4-picture uncut sheet, I guess to fit the card or something. She returned the rest, including the 2 pre-cut ones.

I am so happy and waiting for my PR card so I can apply for my SIN! Thank you to all of you who have shared information here. It was very helpful in my journey to becoming a permanent resident. So for all those waiting, just keep on hanging on- it is worth all the waiting. We will all get there soon. :)

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Alurra71 said:
No, your COPR is NOT a travel document and it is printed directly on it. The only way you can kind of 'use' it as such is for travel through a land border between Canada / US in a personal vehicle.
I know it isn't a travel document, I was wondering if you could with passport and CORP.
But I guess it makes sense. traveling by car it is 8)
I assume nothing stops you from driving to US and flying from there, and then flying back and driving to the Canadian border.. :)

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Yslandgurl said:
Hi All,

I finally had my landing interview in Ottawa praise the Lord! My interview went smoothly. The officer asked for my husband's 2 IDs and I was asked 3 questions regarding criminal record or offense, dependents aside from what is listed, and if ever been denied application in the past. After answering no to all 3, I heard 'Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada". It was a beautiful feeling! I was given a list of agencies and info on where to get SIN, OHIP, etc and was finished in less than 15 minutes. The wait was longer ( I waited at least almost an hour) than the interview proper! The original PR card will be mailed and it takes about 2-4 weeks to arrive the lady officer said.

Here are some tips I like to share: If you are scheduled at the CIC Ottawa for Interview, pls check online ahead of time where you are coming from in relation to the CIC address because Catherine Street is a busy 1-way street. You don't want to miss the turn to the building parking lot for being in the wrong lane. Also, please come at least 1 hour ahead of your schedule. The parking space next to the building is quite small I guess just for about 50 cars parking. My husband had to drop me by the curve because the parking lot was closed with a 'FULL' sign at 7AM-my schedule was at 8:30am. He got lucky on the next turn at the block when a car left and there was a vacant space at the lot. When I got in at 7am, there was already a line forming. The PR landing interview office is right to your left on the ground floor as soon as you enter the main door. There is another CIC office on the upper floor but that is for citizenship processing only. In my landing interview letter, it was specified that pictures are to be taken at the exact size asked for by the CIC, and most importantly that the photographer does NOT CUT the photos. I was unsure about what it meant and decided to play it safe. I had 2 of the photos cut from the photo paper sheet, and the rest I asked to leave them uncut, with the dates stamped on all the pics. It turned out, the officer cut the photos herself from the 4-picture uncut sheet, I guess to fit the card or something. She returned the rest, including the 2 pre-cut ones.

I am so happy and waiting for my PR card so I can apply for my SIN! Thank you to all of you who have shared information here. It was very helpful in my journey to becoming a permanent resident. So for all those waiting, just keep on hanging on- it is worth all the waiting. We will all get there soon. :)
Congrats on finally becoming a PR! You must be so happy! ;D And thanks for the tips for landing in Ottawa, as that's where I'll be landing when the time comes. Gotta love downtown Ottawa parking, eh?

Just a quick question, I've noticed a lot of people have mentioned needing photos when they go for their landing interview...are those passport photos? Our lawyer had actually gotten us to send some with our application, so I'm wondering if we'll have to get another set for the landing.

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Daizey said:
Congrats on finally becoming a PR! You must be so happy! ;D And thanks for the tips for landing in Ottawa, as that's where I'll be landing when the time comes. Gotta love downtown Ottawa parking, eh?

Just a quick question, I've noticed a lot of people have mentioned needing photos when they go for their landing interview...are those passport photos? Our lawyer had actually gotten us to send some with our application, so I'm wondering if we'll have to get another set for the landing.
Yes, you will receive the specifications along with your landing interview letter.
Those are not the photos you send at the beginning.. although the specifications are the same

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
Good morning, all!

It's the middle of the week and I hope that we hear some more good news for people soon! :)

Question: If the process for DM has already started and our medicals expire after they've already started the process, do you think they'll ask for us to redo the medicals? We really really don't want to spend the extra money to get everything done all over again. :/

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Rita27 said:
Yes, you will receive the specifications along with your landing interview letter.
Those are not the photos you send at the beginning.. although the specifications are the same
Thanks! Guess we'll have to go get another set then...I always hate taking passport photos, they always make you look mean because you can't smile! :)

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Daizey said:
Thanks! Guess we'll have to go get another set then...I always hate taking passport photos, they always make you look mean because you can't smile! :)
I hope that's not how they decide if we are eligible for PR or not :p