Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
stellahello said:
Hello All,

Congratulations to everyone who has had good news :)

I do have a question as to the income of sponsor.
I just heard from one of my friend saying that the income of sponsor is quite important in this category.
What I believe was that the income is only a matter when there is a dependent of relationship. If not, the amount of income is not important.

Do you guys have any information regarding that?
After I heard the "news", I am worried about our stage 1. We both are student; so I, as a sponsor, had almost no income when I applied.
My T4 and Option C printout income were like $12,000 since I was only able to work over the summer.

Any ideas? please provide me with information.
Found this over at http://www.immigroup.com/news/income-requirement-canadian-spousal-and-other-family-sponsorship-applications

It is a common misconception that there is a specific income requirement to be able to sponsor your spouse to Canada.

While you must meet a concrete requirement to sponsor almost any other family member, there is no such income requirement at all for spousal sponsorship applications.

The financial requirements for spousal sponsorship include:

You must not be receiving welfare benefits from any province.
You must not be in bankruptcy proceedings, and previous bankruptcy claim must have been discharged

Both of these requirements must be met at the time you submit your spousal sponsorship application, but there is no specific length of time you need to wait before you can send the application in. In other words, you can submit your spousal sponsorship application the day after you stop receiving welfare benefits or your bankruptcy is discharged.

However, if you are receiving Employment Insurance benefits (unemployment) or disability benefits, you may still sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner as these benefits do not count as welfare.

In order to make the ability to sponsor your spouse accessible to people at all income levels, CIC does not require that applicants earn any certain amount of money. They are also comparitively lenient about this requirement, as previous bankruptcy or receipt of welfare benefits do not normally reflect poorly on an application.

Hope this helps! :)

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
Re: OHIP - 3 months wait exemption for Inland

zstudent said:
Hi,

I wanted to ask if there is anyway to get OHIP's 90 day wait time exempted for Inland sponsorship.
This is for a relative, she received her first stage approval - AIP, and can apply for OHIP, she has been here on visitors visa and then out of status for about two years.
she has her delivery date in two weeks.

thankyou,
I think I read something before saying the three months can't be waived, but the hospital can do sth like to bill your relative later for all the fees.

She'd better hurry to talk to her OB or hospital of her choice about her situation and available options.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Its thursdayyyy! I doubt there will be any movement though but we will see :)

Whitecap

Feb 13, 2014
Me and my finance / common law partner received a request for additional information of proof of cohabitation on Jan 17/14, so we got everything further together to prove further we have been living together for a year since we applied (back in March 2013) we sent declaration of common law status (notarized) letters signed by sister and friend and emails from before we lived together and flight ticket from when she arrived (this is on top of everything else we sent originally) they received everything extra on Jan 20 and still waiting it's been about 4 weeks and still waiting, has this happened to anyone else recently and what was time line before got AIP (stage 1) and OWP, going a little shack whacky not being able to work. Thanks in advance, just looking for a time line of how much more waiting it will take... Waiting on waiting ....

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
Whitecap said:
Me and my finance / common law partner received a request for additional information of proof of cohabitation on Jan 17/14, so we got everything further together to prove further we have been living together for a year since we applied (back in March 2013) we sent declaration of common law status (notarized) letters signed by sister and friend and emails from before we lived together and flight ticket from when she arrived (this is on top of everything else we sent originally) they received everything extra on Jan 20 and still waiting it's been about 4 weeks and still waiting, has this happened to anyone else recently and what was time line before got AIP (stage 1) and OWP, going a little shack whacky not being able to work. Thanks in advance, just looking for a time line of how much more waiting it will take... Waiting on waiting ....
I was under the impression that they didn't really care about proof since the application was filed? Were they not asking for more proof from before you filed?

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
bruneian said:
Its thursdayyyy! I doubt there will be any movement though but we will see :)
Bruneian ...i think they not gonna update today because mostly they update every Wednesday and We able check there updates Thursday morning ....I am feeling they didn't work whole week and this again long weekend in AB,SK,ON ...i was hoping they gonna update around 16 june application but they r quite this week ...well ..lets see later on because still early to say ... :) :) :) :)

Guarona

Feb 5, 2014
FYI - Operational Bulletin (565) Update from Today: Applications that were not processed before January 17, 2014, are now being transferred from CPC-V to CPC-M

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2014/ob565.asp

MisterBob

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
HARMIN said:
CONGRATS Bright_skies ,,, R u living in Vancouver area or?? ?Because Guri And Me In Vancouver Area
MisterBob is in Vancouver too! ;D

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Guarona said:
FYI - Operational Bulletin (565) Update from Today: Applications that were not processed before January 17, 2014, are now being transferred from CPC-V to CPC-M

Do you think this means we should send additional documents to this address from now on?

My_new_username

Oct 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
Any SCLPC applications that CPC-V has not commenced processing will be routed internally to CPC-M.

Any SCLPC applications received at CPC-V after January 17, 2014, will be routed internally to CPC-M. :-\

Guarona

Feb 5, 2014
JLynn1987 said:
Do you think this means we should send additional documents to this address from now on?
I am not sure; however, it does state that "Any SCLPC applications received at CPC-V after January 17, 2014, will be routed internally to CPC-M."

This may mean that any additional documents may be routed internally to CPC-M. I would call CIC before to confirm the right place to send stuff to.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Hey, my cousin from the US came to live with her husband in Mississauga, I should get her to go poke them for me! (kidding) :D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daizey said:
Hey, my cousin from the US came to live with her husband in Mississauga, I should get her to go poke them for me! (kidding) :D
You mean she came to `visit' her husband, right? ;)

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Ponga said:
You mean she came to `visit' her husband, right? ;)
Lol, no she's actually a citizen now, she moved from Georgia to New York to be close to the border so she could see him while she was in the process of becoming a PR. So yeah, I guess you could say she visited before she started living with him! It's funny, back then I thought she was crazy moving up to Canada, now I know what love does and how far you'll go for that special person in your life. :)

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Guarona said:

This worries me. Are they saying that any application that they have not began to process is being routed to Mississauga? That's basically all applications from probably July 2013 onwards.. or am I mistaken?