Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
giggles said:
I must confess to being a little down in the dumps with the stall this week, gang. We had a pretty good run for a bit and I allowed myself to get optimistic. That may have jinxed us right there. So I offer my official apologies to everyone on this forum. Do have a lovely weekend everyone--and we will rustle up some positive mojo for the week to come. Cheers!
Thank you for your kind words giggles. I think we all feel the same way. X-mas is coming and I can't be with my family (once again) and that makes me deeply sad. I miss them so much, also my friends, the sea (I surf) and my mom's food. But in the other hand, you guys are my family here. I think we will all spend X-mas together this year.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Cirene said:
Thank you for your kind words giggles. I think we all feel the same way. X-mas is coming and I can't be with my family (once again) and that makes me deeply sad. I miss them so much, also my friends, the sea (I surf) and my mom's food. But in the other hand, you guys are my family here. I think we will all spend X-mas together this year.
Oh Cirene, you exactly wrote what's on my mind. Its my first Christmas away from home and Im missing the silly fun things we do together during these times. I was feeling so down last night and was just in tears. Im almost always optimistic but there are days when I just cant hold my sadness. Maybe, because of this slow down and the upcoming holidays. Am missing so many fun times home . But will be celebrating Christmas with in Laws should be fun. But then again, have to respond to the same old questions, and explain how my paperworks are still in the process-:(
But yes, here's to a great weekend to everyone and hoping for much better week ahead for all of us!

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
CanadianSponsor said:
Does anyone else's OWP have a condition which says it is not valid for employment in businesses related to the sex trade? I don't understand why they would restrict me from stripping for a few extra dollars... :(
I know right!!?!? How lame is that!? LOL

In another note...I got my temporary SIN today! Woohoo!! I'm so happy!! Oh, and for those of you who live in Mississauga, the Service Ontario you have to go to for your OHIP card is the one at 1151 Dundas St W. I went to the one at Hurontario & Eglington, and the gauy there told me it had to be that one. Seems like he's had that happen before, because once he saw my OWP and the letter form CIC he said, "nope, you're in the wrong place" and gave me a pre-made piece of paper with the address and phone number on it. LOL Hope it helps! Have a great weekend everyone!!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
shyla36 said:
Oh Cirene, you exactly wrote what's on my mind. Its my first Christmas away from home and Im missing the silly fun things we do together during these times. I was feeling so down last night and was just in tears. Im almost always optimistic but there are days when I just cant hold my sadness. Maybe, because of this slow down and the upcoming holidays. Am missing so many fun times home . But will be celebrating Christmas with in Laws should be fun. But then again, have to respond to the same old questions, and explain how my paperworks are still in the process-:(
But yes, here's to a great weekend to everyone and hoping for much better week ahead for all of us!
I hear you. Everybody ask about "Are you almost done with the immigration" it's very hard to keep a smile when you actually wanna cry your heart out and drain all your frustration but I keep telling myself "You're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel Cirene"

This will be over soon and I wish Santa was real so I can ask him a PR CARD already!!! ::)

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
ACS said:
I have been MIA from this board for a bit...cuz you know we all need breaks during our wait sometimes...

But I have been watching the show Border Security this evening, and came online just to share this story I just saw on the show...and saw your question.

So it was an American woman with her Canadian husband, she had been in Canada 10 months and left back to the USA (Georgia). She was driving back into Canada with her son. They pulled her asides for extra questions. She told them she already had an inland PR in process and the found she had a bank account in Canada. They searched her car, and her laptop, and on her laptop found searches about how long you can legally stay in Canada, and information about a container she shipped to Canada.

They allowed her to stay since she had a plane ticket leaving just after xmas.

I have seen quite a few positive stories on here about those who have left and came back with no problems.

But...PLEASE....everyone thinking to leave...BEWARE! There is that chance if you get a very strict officer, or just one in a bad mood for whatever reason, they can legitimately cause you to loose your application!!

It is not fair! And it makes me upset to see that Canadian Border Service/Immigration Officers can be so without compassion in some circumstances. I am sooo happy to hear of all the positive experiences, but remember, they do warn you for a reason. While most visa exempt applicants can come and go during their process without problem, technically their job is to NOT allow those to enter who they don't think will leave.

Not to scare anyone, but when I saw that episode of Border Security, I just really felt it should be shared as a reminder to be cautious.
To be honest, I think this show is overly edited and it exaggerates everything. I guess, it's just to scare people and of course, ratings. I've seen some episodes where I'm like "what the heck?". Some things just don't add up. But for sure, we must be very careful. CIC does say that there is no guarantee of letting us back in. So I totally agree with you, you must be careful. ;)

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
So, no prostitution allowed with the OWP??? ???

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Maxician said:
So, no prostitution allowed with the OWP??? ???
Prostitution as employment is illegal. Prostitution as a sideline business (independent contractor) may not be legal, but it's a cash business and difficult to trace.

CIC has a written policy about sex workers: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob449.asp

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Hi guys.

I just checked the website and it says second stage went back to 8 months updated Nov 27th.

Is it correct..????

It sort of makes me feel better ::) :D

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
I just landed :eek: Sorry to butt in guys lol

OWP states no prostitution as it deters human trafficking ..I found this strange too when I recieved mine months ago as it usually said ' No working in Agriculture...big difference between the 2 LOL

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
I'm I really the only one?? Not being able to check my application status online is bugging me big time. Since the strike began I lost access to the on-line services...

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
eyeoftheocean said:
I just landed :eek: Sorry to butt in guys lol

OWP states no prostitution as it deters human trafficking ..I found this strange too when I recieved mine months ago as it usually said ' No working in Agriculture...big difference between the 2 LOL
Cab driving seems to be allowed :-\

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Maxician said:
Cab driving seems to be allowed :-\
Taxi drivers are not employees, they are independent contractors.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Good News, Bad News from me!

Good: I got engaged last night! My boyfriend proposed to me last night, took me for dinner, and then stayed at Hotel Mac in Edmonton =) =) =).

Bad: Still no god damn mother effin AIP. =( =( =(

I don't need to send anything to CIC-Veg saying we got engaged do I?

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
CANUSA31 said:
Good News, Bad News from me!

Good: I got engaged last night! My boyfriend proposed to me last night, took me for dinner, and then stayed at Hotel Mac in Edmonton =) =) =).

Bad: Still no god damn mother effin AIP. =( =( =(

I don't need to send anything to CIC-Veg saying we got engaged do I?
You don't need to send anything to CIC for your engagement since they don't recognize the engagement.