Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
Ginabean said:
CONGRATS! We are still waiting for my hubby's OWP to arrive in the mail - hopefully by the end of this week!
I really hope you get the OWP this week.

Hi Salsal31, jsker, Lalala11,

Have you contacted CIC regarding your delay in AIP?

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Maxician said:
Felicidades Layla!! I'm getting closer to getting my AIP, but I didn't send the OWP applications at the beginning. Do you think I should wait for the AIP to send it???

Gracias!! ;D
¡Gracias!

I had the same question regarding my Medicals. I was advised to wait until I got my AIP for two reasons. The first one being the risk of them "losing" your documents and the second, they require your UCI number, which you'll receive once you get AIP. Personally, I didn't have to send my medicals because I got AIP before I got them done. It really comes down to if you're willing to risk it. Once it gets lost, they won't give you your money back. I was willing to. Hope this helps. Good luck!!! :D

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niks1 said:
I really hope you get the OWP this week.

Hi Salsal31, jsker, Lalala11,

Have you contacted CIC regarding your delay in AIP?
Not yet. We went to see our consultant last week, and she said we should hear something this week. But frankly, I'm getting tired of hearing that and I'm getting REALLY angry that our consultant hasn't called CIC or advised us to do anything other than wait. We paid $2000 for her help and she doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with how long we've been waiting.
I am probably going to call tomorrow.

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys - soo we decided not to wait til tomorrow and called CIC just a few minutes ago. At the same time, I checked the status of our app online (even though its usually outdated). IT SAYS DECISION MADE FOR BOTH SPONSORSHIP AND PR. The agent from CIC said our consultant should have received an e-mail on the 22nd. Our consultant said that she did receive the e-mail but didn't tell us about it because she "didn't think we'd be worried about the sponsorship e-mail." Um, what?

Also, the CIC agent said our application was forwarded to the Hamilton office, which our consultant says is good news and we should get a landing date soon.

So, although I am furious about my consultant slacking, I AM SO HAPPY that we got AIP and DM!

I hope the decision is a good one!!!! :D

Could someone please let me know what the next step is? What does my fiance have to bring to get his SIN? Who is going to let us know whether he is approved for PR or not?
I'm so confused right now since I have been completely in the dark about everything and I can't rely on my consultant to call me with good news.

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
jsker said:
Hey guys - soo we decided not to wait til tomorrow and called CIC just a few minutes ago. At the same time, I checked the status of our app online (even though its usually outdated). IT SAYS DECISION MADE FOR BOTH SPONSORSHIP AND PR. The agent from CIC said our consultant should have received an e-mail on the 22nd. Our consultant said that she did receive the e-mail but didn't tell us about it because she "didn't think we'd be worried about the sponsorship e-mail." Um, what?

Also, the CIC agent said our application was forwarded to the Hamilton office, which our consultant says is good news and we should get a landing date soon.

So, although I am furious about my consultant slacking, I AM SO HAPPY that we got AIP and DM!

Could someone please let me know what the next step is? What does my fiance have to bring to get his SIN? Who is going to let us know whether he is approved for PR or not?
I'm so confused right now since I have been completely in the dark about everything and I can't rely on my consultant to call me with good news.
Congrutulation

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
@Salsa, Lalala11, have you guys heard anything?

I checked my online status like Jsker did, but it still says 'In process'

Getting worried/annoyed over here.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Jamesdavid3 said:
I'm from the UK also and applying In-land its the only option for me and my GF.
Why is that the only option? Are you out of status in Canada?

There's this common misconception that if you are inside Canada you must apply via the Inland route. This is not the case.. In fact, the inland process is unusual because it allows someone to apply for PR from inside Canada (that's the other "bit" of AIP - they approve the sponsor and grant you an exception from the rule that you must apply for PR from outside Canada.)

There are three reasons I can think of right now to choose the inland process over the outland process: (1) if you are not visa exempt and inside Canada, you may remain together. TRVs are almost impossible to obtain for non-visa-exempt applicants once they have a spouse/partner in Canada; (2) you are out of status; (3) the processing time for inland sponsorship is better than outland - but usually these people are also hit by case (1) anyway.

If you are in Canada legally AND from the UK, choosing the London office for processing is a better option - you'll be a PR before you get stage 1 approval. If you are a visitor here, you can just apply to extend your visitor status. Visa exempt applicants don't generally have any issue here. But you MUST remain in status in Canada for an outland application.

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANUSA31 said:
@ Salsa, Lalala11, have you guys heard anything?

I checked my online status like Jsker did, but it still says 'In process'

Getting worried/annoyed over here.
Have you called CIC? Your online status might not be updated yet.

Also, @ Salsa & Lalala, if you guys used a consultant like I did I recommend not waiting around for them to let you know whats going on. Apparently they have more important things to do than let you know if you got AIP. :mad:

anaro

Feb 28, 2013
Hi everybody!

Yesterday I received my open work visa and the letter from Montréal office, and my landing interview is scheduled for next wednesday, December 4.
It was fast, I got DM November 19!
I'm so excited, and I really wish you all the very best!!
:D

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
jsker said:
Have you called CIC? Your online status might not be updated yet.

Also, @ Salsa & Lalala, if you guys used a consultant like I did I recommend not waiting around for them to let you know whats going on. Apparently they have more important things to do than let you know if you got AIP. :mad:
wasn't your status online updated though? did your OWP get approved?

I will wait till they update the processing times tomorrow and there is a chance that it will move past my date (Jan. 22) and if it does I'll call then

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
CanadaMex said:
Hi Guys me and my fiancee are about to get married in december and apply for sponsorship IN canada before my status expires (jan 5) i came here in 2012 in january as a student, we started dating November 10,2012 and we got engaged on November 10,2013 so we are in a hurry with everything now, doing a tiny wedding with her family and Canadian friends of mine hehe. So i guess we will be following this thread :)

One question

Should we send an OWP application with my PR application?

Can i do the medical and police certificate after applying? or do i need them at the moment of submitting my papers?
Hello there,

Congratulations on the engagement and welcome to this thread.

Q1. You can send the OWP with the application or later on. The good thing about sending it with the application is that you'll be consider to have "Implied Status" as soon as you send it and when you get AIP you'll be receive it in the mail which will allow you to work.

Q2. You can do both before you apply and submit them or you could wait until your AIP and then CIC will give you instructions for you to do them. It's up to you :)

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
anaro said:
Hi everybody!

Yesterday I received my open work visa and the letter from Montréal office, and my landing interview is scheduled for next wednesday, December 4.
It was fast, I got DM November 19!
I'm so exited, and I really wish you all the very best!!
:D
Congrats!!!! :D

Vjreal

Mar 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone..
I am Vane from the Philippines..I met my boyfriend in Canada when i came here. I am holding a multiple entry visitor visa to Canada..we live together with my boyfriend for almost 6 months now..I am going home this december and come back on JULY 2014 and we will get married in Canada..and also he plan to visit me and my family too in the Philippines..then we both come back in canada on JULY 2014.. My question is when i enter canada and the immigration will ask why i come to visit canada is it okay to tell them that I am getting married in canada or what should i tell them..i also have a twin sister who is working as a nurse in saskatchewan that i visited on my first visit in canada..

Hope to hear from you..thank you

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
jsker said:

hey jsker
Congrats on getting both stages approved at the same time :)
Did you ask your consultant if she received your landing letter, would she tell you or was that also not important lol.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
5 applicants left from January. CIC has slowed down a lot in the past week, wondering if they are busy with expediting typhoon victims applications.