Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
21-06-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
FINALLY get to really be part of the thread with our AOR received today! :)

I tried to look up the status of our app online (just for fun..l I know there is no new information there for us now!) and it said info not found. We used our UCI and the sponsor's name etc. Is this because the application has to be 'in process', not just received?

How soon after getting AOR have you guys been able to check you application status online?

Thanks!

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bright_skies said:
FINALLY get to really be part of the thread with our AOR received today! :)

I tried to look up the status of our app online (just for fun..l I know there is no new information there for us now!) and it said info not found. We used our UCI and the sponsor's name etc. Is this because the application has to be 'in process', not just received?

How soon after getting AOR have you guys been able to check you application status online?

Thanks!
After about a week

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Just found this in another thread. Updated info about the strike:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1187123/media-advisory-canada-s-foreign-service-officers-announce-additional-pickets-in-ottawa-and-escalated-service-withdrawals

crepes

Jun 23, 2013
I'm almost finished with the inland PR application for my wife - have a couple of questions?

Once the form is in - does she have implied status? Do I need to renew her temporary resident visa?

I was suggested to put in an application for an OWP too when I called CIC but don't see the specific form. Is there a guide on this forum to submitting an OWP application along with the inland PR application?

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
crepes said:
I'm almost finished with the inland PR application for my wife - have a couple of questions?

Once the form is in - does she have implied status? Do I need to renew her temporary resident visa?

I was suggested to put in an application for an OWP too when I called CIC but don't see the specific form. Is there a guide on this forum to submitting an OWP application along with the inland PR application?
You need the application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in canada as a worker form. IMM5710E (if I am not mistaken)
There is an option to choose what you are applying for and you will have to put in Open work permit.And just out N/A on parts not applicable such as name of employer, intended work etc. (they will not process it until AIP or approval in principle or the phase one of sponsorship/PR application is complete)

As far as I know there is no implied status for this, she needs to maintain her temporary visitor status by extension, or get a closed work permit for the meantime. (I may be wrong).

Hope this helps.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crepes said:

She has implied status if you send application with an open work permit application and if it is received by Vegreville before her current temporary status expires.

crepes

Jun 23, 2013
so I just have to follow this guide? www cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

doesn't seem to be much to it but wanted to make sure since i didn't hear about this anywhere else except the phone agent.

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
crepes said:
so I just have to follow this guide? www cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

doesn't seem to be much to it but wanted to make sure since i didn't hear about this anywhere else except the phone agent.
Yes that is the same application I used when I applied for an OWP when I sent in our application. and I have it now and there wasn't any problem at all.

Bebecharmed

Mar 20, 2013
Hi Guys! I've been checking the 2012 inland applications and glad to hear that there
were movements going on... Meaning some VO are working on our piled files.

Since the October 25th applications will gonna be over, I hope they'll be
Processing the succeeding once (late last year and 2013) faster since the conditional PR
is in effect.

Waiting without a job is like in a limbo...lots of what ifs! But
Patience and Optimism should be our virtues to get through this.

Let's hope for the best!
:)
Bebecharmed

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
That's wonderful news! I sure hope it moves faster, and that we can finally see this movement on the webpage. As you say, patience and optimism should be our virtue. Especially optimism. ;) Blessings and much love to all of you!

Bebecharmed said:
Hi Guys! I've been checking the 2012 inland applications and glad to hear that there
were movements going on... Meaning some VO are working on our piled files.

Since the October 25th applications will gonna be over, I hope they'll be
Processing the succeeding once (late last year and 2013) faster since the conditional PR
is in effect.

Waiting without a job is like in a limbo...lots of what ifs! But
Patience and Optimism should be our virtues to get through this.

Let's hope for the best!
:)
Bebecharmed

DorothyGale

Feb 12, 2013
I am not allowed to send personal messages, I'm not sure why... can I be added to the spreadsheet?

Our application was received on April 10th, we sent the OWP application with it but we did not send the medical and police checks.

My husband says that the CIC website just says the application was received April 10th and nothing else. Should it say that it is in progress? He never received an email or letter from them.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Pretty sure you can't send personal messages until you have made at least ten posts in the forum.

DorothyGale

Feb 12, 2013
QuebecOkie said:
Pretty sure you can't send personal messages until you have made at least ten posts in the forum.
Ah! I see... I guess that's what I get for reading everybody else's questions instead of posting my own! ;)

JamesC85

Apr 19, 2013
Hey all,

After much thread posting and questions I have finally posted my application for PR!

• Currently on IEC 2012 visa, expires July 16th 2013.
  • Applied for Permanent Residency Inland through Spouse Sponsorship / Family Class
  • Applied for Open Work Permit with same employer.

My application was received at CIC Vegreville, June 21st 2013.

There has been much debate as to whether or not I am eligible for Implies Status. I heard that you receive an email from CIC saying so, is this true?

Whatever happens, I will let you know. :)

FINGERS CROSSED, the hard part is over I hope! I would just like to give a big thank you to all the members who have helped me gather my application together. Had I not found this forum I don't know where I would be right now.

James

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're on implied status. I am pretty sure of it .