December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@hockeyfan
Respect for the response! I want to get the MP involved but my wife was saying that CIC doesn't love to be bothered even when they're at fault. I just can't f.....king bother. I miss my family.

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
Can I get a correction on the timeline please? We did send an OWP with our app. :)

I guess no one has heard anything yet? Can't believe CIC still hasn't updated their wait times yet! Should we be calling them if we end up waiting longer than 6 months?
OWP can arrive at that same time as AIP or after AIP (approx 6 months refer to CIC website).

BUT as you see on the CIC website, it has been working on 4 October, 5 October and 8 October more than 2 months now.

I should get mine on the 6June but untill now, no a word :(

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Deedeedar said:
OWP can arrive at that same time as AIP or after AIP (approx 6 months refer to CIC website).

BUT as you see on the CIC website, it has been working on 4 October, 5 October and 8 October more than 2 months now.

I should get mine on the 6June but untill now, no a word :(
You should ask your MP to look into your Stage 1, maybe he / she can nudge your app in the right direction ;).

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
God be with us said:
Guys please......help......
Hey,

Thank you so much.....well from Ontario and I guess we have to send our application Vegreville......yep.....we do have lot of queries and will start with few.....

1.I am an Indian and is here on visitor visa .......have already applied for PCC at the Indian consulate . But, I guess people have also sent their finger prints......what are those for ?

2. In the form no. IMM 5285, question 12.....they are asking for additional details of current relationships........please guide me on what all can we send to establish the genuinenes and continuing relationship?

3. According to the guidelines to fill the form imm 1344, if you don't have family name in your passport, then the given name has to be filled in the place of family name and leave the given name field blank. So, is this instruction for each of the form or just specifically this form since my husband's passport does not show family name??

4. For the financial documents to be sent ....is there anything to be sent apart from Original options C, his pay stubs, T 4, letter from the employer??

Looking forwards for the guidance ......

Thank you so much

Take care

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Sorry it took me so long to answer you! My fault! I kind of forgot! :S
well, i'm in quebec so some documents are different (we don't do finantial, for example) but I'll try my best!

1. Well, fingerprints are supposed to come from your embassy (or consulate). In my case (Peru) it was kind of messy! First, I went to my consulate, I ask for a doc called "register of criminal records", in that document, i had to put my name, occupation, date of birth, number of peruvian id and of course, finger prints (all 10 fingers!) they stamp that doc, and give it to me. I had to sent it to Peru were my mom (with an authorized letter) had to go to the police office and international affaires ministry, to make it sign, confirm, and officialy traduce, then she sent it back to me, and i went again to the consulate were the consul put her signature too, another stamp, and then i could finally sent it to vegreville.
I guess fingerprints are for a complete criminal record, and also to have u in database, must be important. Dont know how it works on ur country!

2. question 12 is just asking you about your relationship, just be honest, how u guys met, how long do you live together, what do you have together, what are your future plans, etc. A resume of your relationship (dont make it too long, thought!)

3. I really dont know how to answer you this one!

4. I dont sent financial documents as I'm quebec. Quebec sponsors get directly evaluated throught Revenu Quebec. We dont have to fill up this form.

Hope at least this will help a bit!

God bless, good luck and sorry to be late!

buza

Jun 18, 2013
First of all, I want to say thank you to all here as your Q & As helped me alot during my inland application! Please also kindly add my timeline to 2013 inland spreadsheet!

1. Application mailed to Vegreveille on March 11, 2013 with medical & police.
2. Application received by CIC on March 13, 2013.
3. Email received (AOR?) from CIC & in process on March 21, 2013.
4. Sent OWP on June 3, 2013 & recieved by CIC on June 5, 2013.

Good luck everyone! ;)

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
MaxLet said:
Sorry it took me so long to answer you! My fault! I kind of forgot! :S
well, i'm in quebec so some documents are different (we don't do finantial, for example) but I'll try my best!

1. Well, fingerprints are supposed to come from your embassy (or consulate). In my case (Peru) it was kind of messy! First, I went to my consulate, I ask for a doc called "register of criminal records", in that document, i had to put my name, occupation, date of birth, number of peruvian id and of course, finger prints (all 10 fingers!) they stamp that doc, and give it to me. I had to sent it to Peru were my mom (with an authorized letter) had to go to the police office and international affaires ministry, to make it sign, confirm, and officialy traduce, then she sent it back to me, and i went again to the consulate were the consul put her signature too, another stamp, and then i could finally sent it to vegreville.
I guess fingerprints are for a complete criminal record, and also to have u in database, must be important.
Dont know how it works on ur country!

2. question 12 is just asking you about your relationship, just be honest, how u guys met, how long do you live together, what do you have together, what are your future plans, etc. A resume of your relationship (dont make it too long, thought!)

3. I really dont know how to answer you this one!

4. I dont sent financial documents as I'm quebec. Quebec sponsors get directly evaluated throught Revenu Quebec. We dont have to fill up this form.

Hope at least this will help a bit!

God bless, good luck and sorry to be late!
Hey Maxlet!

Thank u so much.....u don't have to be sorry........

Well, my application is in process for PCC at the Indian Consulate since a month now. But, finger prints were not requested, so I hope it's all fine.

Another thing wanted to check, since I have to extend my stay, I will be sending an appliaction for OWP , hope it is ok??
Also, in the OWP checklist, they r asking for job offer letter, but I don't have one coz m on visitor visa, so what should I do about that??

Thank you so much again......

Take care

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
CIC are still working on applications received on October 8, 2012, I really wonder why they are still stating that the initial assessment is 6 months. I was looking forward to next month as I was expecting at least the first stage response, but it seems I have to forget about it. Not sure how long this strike will go on for. I know it's frustrating but just know that we will eventually get a feedback from CIC, so lets keep the faith and hope. Lets cheer up soon we will be rejoicing. Have a good day everyone :)

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Thank you for that Salsal31 It is very frustrating. Especially when you're waiting for the OWP. But, as they say, patience is a virtue. And unfortunately it's not in our hands anymore. We will just have to wait. Hope this issue gets solved soon. Many blessings to all!

salsal31 said:
CIC are still working on applications received on October 8, 2012, I really wonder why they are still stating that the initial assessment is 6 months. I was looking forward to next month as I was expecting at least the first stage response, but it seems I have to forget about it. Not sure how long this strike will go on for. I know it's frustrating but just know that we will eventually get a feedback from CIC, so lets keep the faith and hope. Lets cheer up soon we will be rejoicing. Have a good day everyone :)

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Hello everyone. One member created this petition for CIC to process our applications on Change.org We don't know how much this will help, but there's no harm in trying. Just thought I should share.

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/canadian-and-immigration-canada-process-family-class-permanent-residency-applications-in-a-timely-manner

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Hi all,

I am getting married in 2 weeks and I will be starting to gather documents and filling up the forms soon, since I need to sponsor my fiance and help her getting the PR status. From what I heard and read, it seems like this is a very long and difficult process and I am a little worried... I heard about this forum today and wanted to share my experience with you guys. And at the same time, I would like to get help from people who already went through or are currently going through this process.

Good luck everyone!!

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are still working on In-Land applications which were sent in on October??!

Are you KIDDING me, what is possibly taking so long as the application is not even that big and complicated anyway.

I am about to send off my application with my Open Work Permit and I need to have the 1st stage completed by January so I can have my work permit to continue working. To hear that its taking this long for just a application is unacceptable for the 1st stage of processing. How many do they have working on processing these applications, like 5 people????

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Just need to know. What will be done to the result of the petition? Will it be sent to the media or the minister's or cabinet's office?

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Be very careful giving your full details over the internet, like address and full name...
I believe the intentions are legit, but everybody should be careful.
Just my 2 cents...

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
I believe it will be sent. And I agree with not giving out all your details. But change.org is legit. I've signed many other petitions unrelated to immigration. You do not have to write down all your details, this is entirely up to you. I don't think there is any harm on signing such petition, but it's my opinion. It may not work at all, but if you don't try, you'll never know. :D ;)

jiggyzealous said:
Just need to know. What will be done to the result of the petition? Will it be sent to the media or the minister's or cabinet's office?