Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Laysa said:
Hello.
First time posting here, but a lot of unhappy immigration experiences. I am looking for someone who knows how to answer the following questions about applying inland as common-law partners:

1) In August 2013 my partner and I will complete one year living together in Canada. He is Canadian and I am Brazilian. During this past year I spent 5 weeks vacation in Brazil. Do you think that can be counted against the continuous year we have lived together?

2)I am interested in going to school while I wait in Canada for the PR to be processed. Can I apply for a student visa/permit with the PR application? If yes, will they process it before getting AIP (first stage approval)?

Thank you for any helpful input.
Hi hopefully I help you out a little bit.
Any vacation time spent apart still COUNTS to the common law relationship as long as you can prove or send that during that time you are away the relationship was not over or was still going on. EMails, or text, also Based on experience because you are common law there was still away that you are helping each other with expenses, so bank statements. etc.

Secondly, Yes you can apply for a student permit while processing the PR even without the AIP yet as long as you have an acceptance letter from the school you are trying to get into which is the most important, also make sure you have enough money to cover tuition and living expenses for the whole duration of the program because that will be a big factor. Another thing is that you have to realize that tuition fee for international students (student permit holder) are 4 to 5 times more than the amount for immigrants. If you have the money go for it, but It might be more practical to wait for the PR but it is up to you I guess.

Cheers!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
The posting on the CIC site says officers are walking out of visa offices,both n Canada and overseas. So, why are the lying call centre agents are telling clients it doesn't apply to inland applicants? Believe it or not the strike will affect and is affecting both inlanders and outlanders. May these folks get their deeds straight! While you negotiate family lives are affected, peopl are being denied proper health care because non residents can't afford health care. It's a heartless situation

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
jiggyzealous said:
The posting on the CIC site says officers are walking out of visa offices,both n Canada and overseas. So, why are the lying call centre agents are telling clients it doesn't apply to inland applicants? Believe it or not the strike will affect and is affecting both inlanders and outlanders. May these folks get their deeds straight! While you negotiate family lives are affected, peopl are being denied proper health care because non residents can't afford health care. It's a heartless situation
This link here explains the situation a little bit more:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canadian-immigration-worker-strike-t150765.0.html

Inland applicants don't send their applications to Ottawa but Ottawa offices are walking out as well.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Ok I am confused and borderline panicking right now!
So sometime before we mailed our inland app to vegreville I was told we didn't need to get a medical examination until sometime later! And as I clearly remember it didn't say nothing about it on the checklist or anything which we already weren't too impressed with they certainly don't make it at least slightly easy at all.

My question is: do all inland applications require a medical examination before we send it off or will they request it at a later date? Because we are 4 months into the process and we haven't even heard anything just that they received the package.

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
PaoladeCano said:
Hi everyone,

I called cic this morning as well and I was told the same. The strike does not affect any inbound applications/workers. This is great news for us! now if they could only move on from the Oct 8 backlog ::)
I hope that too!

But I looked at the CIC website this morning, they updated their website yesterday but they are still working on the Oct 8, 2012 :( :( :(

laura8388

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Line.a said:
So sometime before we mailed our inland app to vegreville I was told we didn't need to get a medical examination until sometime later! And as I clearly remember it didn't say nothing about it on the checklist or anything which we already weren't too impressed with they certainly don't make it at least slightly easy at all.

My question is: do all inland applications require a medical examination before we send it off or will they request it at a later date? Because we are 4 months into the process and we haven't even heard anything just that they received the package.
If you didn't send it with your package, they will contact you to have it submitted once they start processing. It doesn't have to go with the original package, but can to speed things up. Alot of people choose not to send it all together as the medical also only is valid for 12 months, so they may end up having to do it twice (And it's pricey)! Dont Panic! :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
laura8388 said:
If you didn't send it with your package, they will contact you to have it submitted once they start processing. It doesn't have to go with the original package, but can to speed things up. Alot of people choose not to send it all together as the medical also only is valid for 12 months, so they may end up having to do it twice (And it's pricey)! Dont Panic! :)
Alright that's very good news there, thank you so so much!! :)
I was gonna say too, it didn't make sense if the exam is only valid for so long! :)

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Please guide me......still waiting .........

laura8388

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
God be with us said:
Please guide me......still waiting .........
What are you wanting advise about?

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Laysa said:
Hello.
First time posting here, but a lot of unhappy immigration experiences. I am looking for someone who knows how to answer the following questions about applying inland as common-law partners:

1) In August 2013 my partner and I will complete one year living together in Canada. He is Canadian and I am Brazilian. During this past year I spent 5 weeks vacation in Brazil. Do you think that can be counted against the continuous year we have lived together?

2)I am interested in going to school while I wait in Canada for the PR to be processed. Can I apply for a student visa/permit with the PR application? If yes, will they process it before getting AIP (first stage approval)?

Thank you for any helpful input.
Hi, am in a similar situation as you. I have applied for inland sponsorship however I really wanted to attend school so I applied to a school and got accepted couple weeks ago. I applied as an international student because I wasn't too sure how long I'd had to wait for landing ( didn't want to risk it), I accepted the offer as its nearly impossible to get an offer from that school, I know the tuition is pricey but its not a very long program either. I called CIC few weeks ago I asked if I can apply for a student permit as I've already applied for inland and waiting for approval ( if granted), I was told that I can apply however they won't be able to issue me a study permit until AIP. So I guess its like a work permit, its granted after AIP. That wasn't good news for me as CIC is experiencing a ridiculous backlog and a reduction in the labour force.
If you want you can go ahead and apply but for me I got caught in this confusion. Am approaching 8 months without AIP and I already paid couple thousands of dollars towards my tuition. My fingers and toes are tightly crossed ... am hoping I'll get some good news in the next little while. All the best!

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
God be with us said:
Hey, laura8388

Thank you so much.....well from Ontario and I guess we have to send our application Vegreville......yep.....we do have lot of queries and will start with few.....

1.I am an Indian and is here on visitor visa .......have already applied for PCC at the Indian consulate . But, I guess people have also sent their finger prints......what are those for ?

2. In the form no. IMM 5285, question 12.....they are asking for additional details of current relationships........please guide me on what all can we send to establish the genuinenes and continuing relationship?

3. According to the guidelines to fill the form imm 1344, if you don't have family name in your passport, then the given name has to be filled in the place of family name and leave the given name field blank. So, is this instruction for each of the form or just specifically this form since my husband's passport does not show family name??

4. For the financial documents to be sent ....is there anything to be sent apart from Original options C, his pay stubs, T 4, letter from the employer??

Looking forwards for the guidance ......

Thank you so much

Take care

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
Line.a said:

My husband and I waited until the 6 mth mark before getting his done........ I didn't want to risk it becoming expired while things were processing. We are now at almost 7 mths and nothing is happening with the progession of the CIC website - so I think it was a good decision :)

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
goldmoon said:
Hi, am in a similar situation as you. I have applied for inland sponsorship however I really wanted to attend school so I applied to a school and got accepted couple weeks ago. I applied as an international student because I wasn't too sure how long I'd had to wait for landing ( didn't want to risk it), I accepted the offer as its nearly impossible to get an offer from that school, I know the tuition is pricey but its not a very long program either. I called CIC few weeks ago I asked if I can apply for a student permit as I've already applied for inland and waiting for approval ( if granted), I was told that I can apply however they won't be able to issue me a study permit until AIP. So I guess its like a work permit, its granted after AIP. That wasn't good news for me as CIC is experiencing a ridiculous backlog and a reduction in the labour force.
If you want you can go ahead and apply but for me I got caught in this confusion. Am approaching 8 months without AIP and I already paid couple thousands of dollars towards my tuition. My fingers and toes are tightly crossed ... am hoping I'll get some good news in the next little while. All the best!
You should find out what the schools refund policy is. It unlikely that you will be able to start classes anytime soon. They will probably be able to secure your funds until a later date when you are able to go to school. Or if the course is wait listed for domestic students, they can probably just add you to that list.

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
thatgirl123 said:
You should find out what the schools refund policy is. It unlikely that you will be able to start classes anytime soon. They will probably be able to secure your funds until a later date when you are able to go to school. Or if the course is wait listed for domestic students, they can probably just add you to that list.
Hi : Well they have a refund couple days after the start date. With regards to the waitlisted students, I have already been accepted into my program so I am not on the waitlist, I think I understand what you are trying to say though, like maybe I should defer my offer until I get my permit but I spoke to the registrar and I was told as long as I bring in documents from CIC stating my status in Canada then I would be able to start once my status is "implied status". I might have to order my GCMS notes as proof I guess.

I forgot to mention in my last post, I guess you can apply for a study permit before you send in your inland application and you'll get it however if you have already sent in an inland app then you have to wait until a AIP before a study permit is granted.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
thatgirl123 said:
My husband and I waited until the 6 mth mark before getting his done........ I didn't want to risk it becoming expired while things were processing. We are now at almost 7 mths and nothing is happening with the progession of the CIC website - so I think it was a good decision :)
Ok, that's a very good thing then haha could you imagine if we'd have to do it twice? Man I'd be disappointed lol! So since you're past the 6mth mark when did you obtain an open work permit? :)