civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daizey said:
Oh I can almost guarantee you it has something to do with quota and politics...like with every other country in the world, politics make the world go 'round the crazy way it does.
So no matter how loud we shout and how many complaints we sent to Mississauga, they are just deaf ears because their boss told them it is okay to sit back and relax. The system is broken from the very top and that goes back to the leading party's ideology. Their opinion is clear: family reunification is at the very bottom!

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Daizey said:
I'm wondering though, if I at least get my work permit before then, would that be enough to satisfy them and let me back into the country easier?
I know officially we have to wait till we got our pr card in our hands but if I would have my work permit before Christmas I think I would take the risk...think we have a good story at the border cause we honestly thought that it was all done by that time! But no guarantee though :(

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
civic said:
So no matter how loud we shout and how many complaints we sent to Mississauga, they are just deaf ears because their boss told them it is okay to sit back and relax. The system is broken from the very top and that goes back to the leading party's ideology. Their opinion is clear: family reunification is at the very bottom!
Unfortunately that's the conclusion I've been led to believe. Immigration is a hot topic in politics. It's only moving as fast or as slow as the leaders want them to, for political impact. It's what I believe, and feel that's why we always get the same answers from every place we go. The call center, our MPs, they all give us the same answers, and it's never what we want to hear, or even CLOSE to being an answer we feel comfortable with. None of them are definite answers either.

virk1129

Aug 26, 2014
I apologise to screech339..all i wanted to put across is that everyone is affected by the delays whether 1 month or 1year into the application..everyone wants their pr as early as possible

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
3september2013 said:
I know officially we have to wait till we got our pr card in our hands but if I would have my work permit before Christmas I think I would take the risk...think we have a good story at the border cause we honestly thought that it was all done by that time! But no guarantee though :(
Yeah, that's the scary part...do we risk it with no guarantee? :(

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
civic said:
What happened in 2012? Can you elaborate the timeline back then?
How long was the timeline stuck for? What month did they pick up? and in how long afterward the fast processing began? Appreciate it.
In 2014, as of now we see 7 month without any movement. If 2012 was the same, I assume this is more to do with quota and the politics, rather than backlog as CIC has always blamed. If CIC is giving untrue statement to public, who has the right to audit them, or just because CIC is part of government there is no quality control in place for them?
The strike started in April and ended at end of sept 2013 over salary disputes. Then the implementation of the Oct 25 2012 implementation date of 2 year conditional PR date.

Soon as the strike was over, the process started rolling again. It happened almost shortly thereafter that 2012 applicants were getting AIP / DM. If you look at the timesheet attached you will see a lot of zeros days since AIP to DM.

There were lot of responses from call centre agents saying "surpluses of applications during the summer months". That is a half truth. Yes it is expected to see an increase of applications in sept due to summer marriages. But not that huge of a time-lapse. Plus those getting student visas were getting priority over everyone else to meet the sept school deadlines. We all know that the vegreville office were taking up the slack in the visa processing internally for foreign embassies.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
virk1129 said:
I apologise to screech339..all i wanted to put across is that everyone is affected by the delays whether 1 month or 1year into the application..everyone wants their pr as early as possible
Apologizes not needed. I had my share of flak with fellow members myself during the 2013 delay and frankly I don't blame you. I have vented out myself and it was all just that. Venting. No hard feelings against anyone.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
civic said:
The system was broken a long time ago. It is unfortunate that the current government had to make changes to suit Canada's today economy.

Any changes to the immigration system, it always bring short term very hardships and delays and hopefully the changes goes bring long term benefits like shorter timeframes.

Screech339

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok...

Aren't the posted processing times from CIC, sort of like...Monopoly money?

Meaning...pretty much worthless?

Things sometimes happen for a reason. Things sometimes happen for no apparent reason. CIC knows why things have slipped, but their refusal to publish anything explaining this delay is creating a lot of extra angst for people; people that are paying for their services.

My opinion has always been that as long as the posted processing times aren't too far beyond what I `signed up for' (on the day that I sent our application), I'm good. Besides...sometimes CIC improves their processing times (like they were doing earlier this year when it went from 11 months down to 8 ).

People should do whatever it takes to make life easier for them, while they wait...and wait...and wait.

"This too, shall pass".

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Screech -

What do you think the hold up is here? You've been on these forums for a long time.. you have quite a bit of knowledge ..

What do you think is going on here!?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Daizey said:
I know our lawyer has told us going by car is usually a lot easier, just because they get a lot less traffic flow at the less populated areas and are a bit more easy going. While I was still on my visitor visa, we drove down to the US to get married, then came back up through Prescott (coming to Ontario from New York) and there was very little traffic and the guards were very laid back and easy going. As a comparison, when I came up to Canada the first time, the border security agents in the Toronto airport looked overworked, overhassled, and very mean. I had some trouble dealing with the agent I was given and it has given me nightmares about going to airports now. If it's feasible for you to do, crossing by land is much easier. The only reason we were attempting to fly, my family is in Georgia, and my husband was afraid that our winter tires would be ruined in the very mild winters of the southeastern US.

I'm wondering though, if I at least get my work permit before then, would that be enough to satisfy them and let me back into the country easier?
My partner and I traveled to her home country for a 3 week vacation back in May. She is currently on a visitors status and is from a visa exempt country. When we came back to Canada the only thing that the officer was most concerned about is that she maintained her legal status in Canada. We went through customs in Montreal airport and it was no problem at all. We do not yet have AIP.

I think somewhere on the CIC website there is a FAQ about this topic. In my personal opinion is that going for a short vacation is not going to jeopardize your application though be sure you have legal status in Canada and are not too close to the expiration of your particular visa. But it's up to you.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Linden said:
My partner and I traveled to her home country for a 3 week vacation back in May. She is currently on a visitors status and is from a visa exempt country. When we came back to Canada the only thing that the officer was most concerned about is that she maintained her legal status in Canada. We went through customs in Montreal airport and it was no problem at all. We do not yet have AIP.

I think somewhere on the CIC website there is a FAQ about this topic. In my personal opinion is that going for a short vacation is not going to jeopardize your application though be sure you have legal status in Canada and are not too close to the expiration of your particular visa. But it's up to you.
Thing is, I'm not really on a visa of any type... I'm currently only legally here because of implied status when I sent off the request for OWP, I regrettably let my visitor visa lapse. So, the only thing I would have if I went before I received any documentation from CIC would be a letter of some kind from the lawyer.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Daizey said:
Thing is, I'm not really on a visa of any type... I'm currently only legally here because of implied status when I sent off the request for OWP, I regrettably let my visitor visa lapse. So, the only thing I would have if I went before I received any documentation from CIC would be a letter of some kind from the lawyer.
Are you from a visa exempt country though?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bankerguy said:
Screech -

What do you think the hold up is here? You've been on these forums for a long time.. you have quite a bit of knowledge ..

What do you think is going on here!?
As for the hold up nowadays, I don't see any reason for it. The only change to immigration is the aug 1st date. The streamlining of the citizenship process and the removal of 19 plus age for dependents. Citizenship change process should not have any bearing or impact on the PR sponsorship. However the dependent new age rule can impact PR sponsorship however the announcement was made in advanced. So the new dependent rule is cut and dried. Unlike the 2 year conditional PR announcement that stated the effective date in the past. No advanced noticed. So internal changes had to be made for applications already submitted before the announcement.

Screech339

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Linden said:
Are you from a visa exempt country though?
I do believe US is visa exempt :) So I'm really hoping if worse comes to worse, I won't have any issues.